Hello There, Guest! Register

Downloading Saved Games
Budr

05-10-2008, 07:05 AM

So, I decided to replay MGS1, got past the second Sniper Wolf battle, down the stairs, "please insert disc 2" and apparently my disc 2 is fucked  >Sad

Tried cleaning it a few times and whatnot but to no avail and now I'm a bit screwed, even tried downloading a copy but I could only find an NTSC version which evidently isn't compatible with what's on my memory card.

I'm thinking my last option is to download a save from the end of disc 1 or beginning of disc 2 and play the rest through an emulator but I can't find such a thing anywhere, anyone know of any sites where I might be able to find such a thing or even point me in the direction of where to download a PAL version of the game?
Vandamguy

05-10-2008, 07:55 AM

we're not supposed to talk about this stuff on the boards.  =D

its on my to-do list now. after the PVK2 video
Budr

05-10-2008, 08:13 AM

Fair enough but there's no illegality surrounding save-games, surely?
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-10-2008, 08:46 AM

(05-10-2008, 08:13 AM)Budr link Wrote: Fair enough but there's no illegality surrounding save-games, surely?

No save games are legal, any savegame can be ripped from memory cards and upload to the internet

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/save/197909.html

Enjoy

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Vandamguy

05-11-2008, 04:14 PM

(05-10-2008, 08:13 AM)Budr link Wrote: Fair enough but there's no illegality surrounding save-games, surely?
i was going to make a post shortly afte ryou posted this up , but i didnt have the time.

anyways.

if you wanted to download a save game , sure no problem. but you;ll need the hardware to get that information on to your memory card. which you probably dont.  That's  one solution

Second solution was to find you a link to a metal gear solid PAL iso image and let you have at it with that. but you'll need the hardware in order to play burned games, which is a little more likely than option one.

third solution , the one i was ( and still will .. later ) will be to find MGS (NTSC or PAL) iso's and a PSX emulator. But, you'll need a gamepad to play MGS on your CPU. unless you really dont mind using a keyboard.

either way there's a piece of hardware in each solution.

Dexdrive , modchip , gamepad.
Budr

05-11-2008, 04:27 PM

Option one is a no-go for me, don't have that hardware. I've got the choice of a modded PS2 or a 360 controller (or even a DualShock to USB adaptor for some reason) for the other two options, the second being the ideal if only I could find a PAL image.

I've yet to try any of the results Caff posted as they all specify "New Game" or "before Rex" but maybe they have saves at points throughout the game as well?
Vandamguy

05-11-2008, 04:41 PM

it would just be that single save.

ill try for option two (later) everything is on the internet. you just have to dig.
jorge
It's pronounced yor-ge

05-11-2008, 07:47 PM

If you have a serial port >_o http://search.ebay.com/dex-drive

ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

05-12-2008, 06:47 AM

(05-11-2008, 04:14 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: third solution , the one i was ( and still will .. later ) will be to find MGS (NTSC or PAL) iso's and a PSX emulator. But, you'll need a gamepad to play MGS on your CPU. unless you really dont mind using a keyboard.

MGS with a keyboard is a nightmare. Stay away. :p

Another solution would be to not bother with emulation and find the PC version (like I have). I'd imagine the PSX save games wouldn't work, but I would think there are PC save games.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Vandamguy

05-12-2008, 01:17 PM

wasn't aware there was a pc version .. hmmmmmmm
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

05-12-2008, 03:56 PM

(05-12-2008, 01:17 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: wasn't aware there was a pc version .. hmmmmmmm

Yep! Wasn't too common really, as it was released long after the PSX version. I got mine in a compilation of that, Crimson Skies and StarLancer. There was also a PC version of Solid 2, but without a good dual analog stick (as in something I didn't have) it was pretty much unplayable.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER