Hello There, Guest! Register

Your Lord and Overseer
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-22-2008, 10:59 AM

I wasn't going to do one of these since I assume most of you know me already but in the interest of appeasing Rummy I decided to post this.

The first game I ever played was Mario on the NES in 1989 when I got an NES, its been a love affair with games since then. After the NES I've had a Genesis, Gamegear, Gameboy (GBP/GBC as well), SNES, N64, PS2, Wii, and a 360. Ive been PC gaming since 1994 (Building custom since 1998), good old DOS and Windows 3.1. I think the first PC game I played was Wolfenstein 3D, but Ive also been very fond of PC adventure games, in particular Monkey Island and Kings Quest.

Genre wise I'll play most anything, but I tend to stick to FPS and RPG, my least favorite would be music/rhythm games (except audio surf), and sports. My favorite games of all time are Earthbound, Fallout, Final Fantasy VI, Half-Life 1, and Planetside. If I had to recommend one RPG and one FPS that I think everyone should try at least once it would be Fallout and Planetside. Especially planetside, its everything an MMOFPS should be and every one that is ever released after it should be modeled on it.

Ive been playing FPS games online since CS Beta 5, and when I started getting good with TFC it became the first one I played competitively. I did STA-ADL which was 8v8 and did only CP style maps such as dustbowl, avanti, and cornfield. Played on several teams, and pretty much heavy all the time. One team I was on (YYZ) won the championship and held it for 7 weeks I think. Later I ran a team that won the title as well but only held it for 2 weeks.

I played planetside on and off for 2 years, I co-ran a guild that ran tanks, and later joined one of the elite guilds called The Outfit, if you saw the other post by Kalarifik, he's the guy that runs TO and they do mostly MMOs in general. One of the best gaming experiences I've ever had and shame on you if you passed this game up.

Now you all know I play TF2 now, I am the hwg of your nightmares, and as long as a medic superglues themselves to my back, well you all know how that works out. Carrying teams tends to be tough work on the shoulders Wink

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

05-22-2008, 12:23 PM

Speaking of you carrying teams, is there a way to make the autobalancing work?  I notice people (myself at times included) tend to join whatever team you are no and anyone else on opposite team just gets routed.  Then the person in last or second to last always moves to the other team so not much balancing happens.
ToiletDuck
BRB, Posting

05-22-2008, 12:27 PM

welcome to the site!

[Image: vhs51j.gif]
[Image: rrmvpd.gif]
[Image: 5wfajm.gif]
[Image: 33cmd7m.gif]
[Image: s3g8xs.gif]
[Image: 2dmbam1.gif]
[Image: 1e5tuv.gif]
[Image: 1fzo94.jpg]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

05-22-2008, 01:25 PM

I always join the team opposite to caff because I enjoy the challenge ;D

Actually I always pick auto, no matter what.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

05-22-2008, 02:25 PM

Yeah, real winners always choose auto select Wink

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

05-22-2008, 04:59 PM

Welcome to BRB, Uninstalling! We love you.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

05-22-2008, 05:36 PM

You mean there are people that don't auto-select?  Thought never even crossed my mind.  And Caff isn't overwhelmingly dangerous if he's not playing Heavy, his team certainly doesn't win all the time, we've got too many good players now.

Also yay, I can access the forums from work, it's the only thing not blocked for me =X.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
rumsfald

05-22-2008, 05:41 PM

rummy is appeased and for that I will grace you with a platform history.

but you don't get a +1 because you don't say for how long you have been a scripter.  I'm betting it goes all the way back to NES days, when you used a popsickle stick to improve your Track & Field button mashing, and includes putting a marker dot on your monitor so you could scopeless AWP.

And one of the highlights of this server is to take out Caff's medic and support so he switches to Spy.  If he switches to Spy you know he has given up on the team and is just looking for grudge kills.*

*Like Kor does when he switches to Sniper.
fyre
BRB, Posting

05-22-2008, 06:28 PM

Hello Big Grin
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

05-22-2008, 06:50 PM

(05-22-2008, 05:41 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: rummy is appeased and for that I will grace you with a platform history.

but you don't get a +1 because you don't say for how long you have been a scripter.  I'm betting it goes all the way back to NES days, when you used a popsickle stick to improve your Track & Field button mashing, and includes putting a marker dot on your monitor so you could scopeless AWP.

And one of the highlights of this server is to take out Caff's medic and support so he switches to Spy.  If he switches to Spy you know he has given up on the team and is just looking for grudge kills.*

*Like Kor does when he switches to Sniper.

lawl

Yomanz
Lurker

05-22-2008, 07:48 PM

The fact that you started with mario on the nintendo, plus Final Fantasy VI being a favorite game earns an applaud from me. I'd also applaud you for earthbound, but i technically haven't finished the game yet. Started two nights ago and i've enjoyed it thus far.  Smile

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -Groucho Marx

[Image: yomanz.png]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

05-22-2008, 08:51 PM

(05-22-2008, 05:41 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: but you don't get a +1 because you don't say for how long you have been a scripter.  I'm betting it goes all the way back to NES days, when you used a popsickle stick to improve your Track & Field button mashing, and includes putting a marker dot on your monitor so you could scopeless AWP.

Oh come on, who didn't jump off the mat in Track & Field during the long jump and go grab themselves a snack.  You are looking at the first little boy to jump around the world!

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Budr

05-23-2008, 09:25 AM

(05-22-2008, 02:25 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: Yeah, real winners always choose auto select Wink
jorge
It's pronounced yor-ge

05-24-2008, 03:37 AM

Heilo

[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

05-26-2008, 03:01 PM

(05-22-2008, 08:51 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=rumsfald link=topic=339.msg7948#msg7948 date=1211496104]

Oh come on, who didn't jump off the mat in Track & Field during the long jump and go grab themselves a snack.  You are looking at the first little boy to jump around the world!
[/quote]

Oh come on, who didn't have 4 ppl on the pad pounding 6 buttons to make you run ridiculously fast?  Including right through the hurdles because you were so fast it didn't matter.

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

05-27-2008, 05:02 PM

I suppose it's a bit fail to say "Welcome, Caff". You and I, we gotta have a straight up heavy duel sometime, mate.