Hello There, Guest! Register

Organic Ice Cream
Neonie

06-12-2008, 10:51 PM

[Image: 1795l.jpg]

It's just...not right....why would they do this? I had to stock this shit today...who the fuck eats this shit? Seriously? Go die.
cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

06-12-2008, 10:55 PM

Made with real cows!

I mean, milk. Seriously, we meant milk.  :-X
Neonie

06-12-2008, 11:12 PM

(06-12-2008, 10:55 PM)cannedpeaches link Wrote: Made with real cows!

I mean, milk. Seriously, we meant milk.  :-X

[Image: stonyfield-farm-organic-peach-smoothie.jpg]

This is the closest I could find to Organic Canned peaches.
cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

06-12-2008, 11:15 PM

Delicious! I believe I've had one of those before. They're not half-bad.
exanimo

06-13-2008, 12:04 AM

Anything organic is bullshit.
fyre
BRB, Posting

06-13-2008, 07:10 AM

(06-13-2008, 12:04 AM)exanimo link Wrote: Anything organic is bullshit.

How so? I have organic food occasionally. Some of it's quite good, some of it isn't. As to whether it's actually better for you, I have my doubts though. When it comes to milk and ice cream, I think I'd rather it be from grass fed cows than organic. Seriously, it's really disgusting what they feed those cows, and the way they treat them. Not that I'm an animal rights crusader, mostly I just try not to think about it. (Cuz I'm lazy.)
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

06-13-2008, 07:31 AM

(06-13-2008, 12:04 AM)exanimo link Wrote: Anything organic is bullshit.

WRONG

Organic fruits and vegetables are often bullshit because the organic pesticides can be more harmful than the chemical.  Although this is not always the case depending on how the growers do organic and how well you wash off the pesticides.

However organic meats and dairy are very much not bullshit.  There are a shit load of hormones loaded into both.  The hormones and stuff they use for dairy cows makes them prone to infections and non-organic milk often contains puss (I bet you're wishing you didn't just learn that now).  Also if you look at the size of organic cuts of meat vs. their chemical induced counterparts you will notice just how much artificial bulk is added to the animal.

How much this effects us is not really known, but it does effect us.  There is a huge amount of evidence suggesting the hormones in our food have been causing girls to get their periods sooner and sooner.  My mom can testify to this, she's an elementary school teacher.  Also there is some speculation that the same hormones that make the cows bulk up also make people bulk up, in other words its part of the reason there are so many fatties around lately.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2008, 08:32 AM by Surf314.)
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

06-13-2008, 08:10 AM

(06-13-2008, 07:31 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=exanimo link=topic=500.msg12297#msg12297 date=1213333484]

WRONG

Organic fruits and vegetables are often bullshit because the organic pesticides can be more harmful than the chemical.  Although this is not always the case depending on how the growers do organic and how well you wash off the pesticides.

However organic meats and dairy are very much not bullshit.  There are a shit load of hormones loaded into both.  The hormones and stuff they use for dairy cows makes them prone to infections and non-organic milk often contains puss (I bet you're wishing you didn't just learn that now).  Also if you look at the size of organic cuts of meat vs. their chemical induced counterparts you will notice just how much artificial bulk is added to the animal.

How much this effects us is not really known, but it does infect us.  There is a huge amount of evidence suggesting the hormones in our food have been causing girls to get their periods sooner and sooner.  My mom can testify to this, she's an elementary school teacher.  Also there is some speculation that the same hormones that make the cows bulk up also make people bulk up, in other words its part of the reason there are so many fatties around lately.
[/quote]

QFT and don't forget that housing millions of animals in a very small area is also very conducive to any host of diseases. (Hellooooooo BSE)

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

06-13-2008, 08:31 AM

(06-13-2008, 07:31 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: How much this effects us is not really known, but it does infect us.  There is a huge amount of evidence suggesting the hormones in our food have been causing girls to get their periods sooner and sooner.  My mom can testify to this, she's an elementary school teacher. 

Heh, I honestly won't argue with that. I'm reminded of a Consumption Junction article from years ago where the guy was lamenting about how the steroids and such in beef are making girls develop earlier, and how much more frustrating that makes things for adult males these days. It started with him telling a story about getting food from a street vendor, then all of a sudden seeing numerous hot young women around. Then he checked his watch and realized the middle school nearby just got out for the day. Of course it's Consumption Junction, so he used a much more perverted tone than that. Tongue

I will agree that I don't remember girls looking like that when I was that age, and I've given up checking out women at the mall.  :-\

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

06-13-2008, 08:42 AM

So what qualities does something have to have to qualify as "organic"?  Seems to me that people just slap the label on anything they want to sell more.

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

06-13-2008, 08:48 AM

(06-13-2008, 08:42 AM)Eschatos link Wrote: So what qualities does something have to have to qualify as "organic"?  Seems to me that people just slap the label on anything they want to sell more.

There are standards now for most things, you just have to be careful.  A lot of companies try to get away with calling something organic and charging more.

I think if it's got one of them certified organic logos on them than it means it meets the requirements to be organic.

I know with meats and dairy it means no hormones or antibiotics or any other weird shit the inject them with.  Also cage free or free roaming means they aren't packed into a small space.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Vandamguy

06-13-2008, 09:33 AM

(06-13-2008, 08:31 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=500.msg12329#msg12329 date=1213360282]
How much this effects us is not really known, but it does infect us.  There is a huge amount of evidence suggesting the hormones in our food have been causing girls to get their periods sooner and sooner.  My mom can testify to this, she's an elementary school teacher. 

Heh, I honestly won't argue with that. I'm reminded of a Consumption Junction article from years ago where the guy was lamenting about how the steroids and such in beef are making girls develop earlier, and how much more frustrating that makes things for adult males these days. It started with him telling a story about getting food from a street vendor, then all of a sudden seeing numerous hot young women around. Then he checked his watch and realized the middle school nearby just got out for the day. Of course it's Consumption Junction, so he used a much more perverted tone than that. Tongue

I will agree that I don't remember girls looking like that when I was that age, and I've given up checking out women at the mall.  :-\
[/quote]

pedo bear approves the direction of this thread.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

06-13-2008, 09:45 AM

(06-13-2008, 09:33 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote: [quote author=ScottyGrayskull link=topic=500.msg12334#msg12334 date=1213363896]
[quote author=Surf314 link=topic=500.msg12329#msg12329 date=1213360282]
How much this effects us is not really known, but it does infect us.  There is a huge amount of evidence suggesting the hormones in our food have been causing girls to get their periods sooner and sooner.  My mom can testify to this, she's an elementary school teacher. 

[/quote]

pedo bear approves the direction of this thread.
[/quote]

If theres grass on the field play ball, if not, play in the mud

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

06-13-2008, 09:50 AM

If there's grass on the wicket, you're good to play cricket.

exanimo

06-13-2008, 09:38 PM

My father is the manager of the meat department of a local small grocery chain (3 stores). He's visited many-a-slaughterhouses. He says that the organic cows going in to get slaughtered look miserable and look as though they are developing problems. It's on such a large scale that the health of the animals isn't always so great. They were no where near as healthy as the cows that receive hormones and antibiotics are before they get slaughtered. If you want good beef, find a local slaughterhouse, or a butcher that sells local shit on a small scale.

And for those of you that think the animals that are organic are treated better than non-organic animals, it's bullshit. They all get treated like shit.
Vandamguy

06-13-2008, 09:52 PM

(06-13-2008, 09:38 PM)exanimo link Wrote: My father is the manager of the meat department of a local small grocery chain (3 stores). He's visited many-a-slaughterhouses. He says that the organic cows going in to get slaughtered look miserable and look as though they are developing problems. It's on such a large scale that the health of the animals isn't always so great. They were no where near as healthy as the cows that receive hormones and antibiotics are before they get slaughtered. If you want good beef, find a local slaughterhouse, or a butcher that sells local shit on a small scale.

And for those of you that think the animals that are organic are treated better than non-organic animals, it's bullshit. They all get treated like shit.

i think exanimo is trying to get us to buy shit
fyre
BRB, Posting

06-13-2008, 09:52 PM

(06-13-2008, 09:38 PM)exanimo link Wrote: ...local shit on a small scale.

This is a good idea. What we've done a couple times is buy a whole cow, from a local farmer who only raises 5-10 cows at a time and without hormones and shit, have it butchered, and then split it with a couple of families. It's a bit more pricey than ordinary beef, but it's much cheaper than the mass produced organic beef you would buy at Whole Foods or whatever. It's also some of the best tasting beef ever. And in most cases the cows get treated better too. Obviously, YMMV.
rumsfald

06-13-2008, 10:01 PM

(06-13-2008, 08:10 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=500.msg12329#msg12329 date=1213360282]
[quote author=exanimo link=topic=500.msg12297#msg12297 date=1213333484]

WRONG

How much this effects us is not really known, but it does infect us.  There is a huge amount of evidence suggesting the hormones in our food have been causing girls to get their periods sooner and sooner.  My mom can testify to this, she's an elementary school teacher.  Also there is some speculation that the same hormones that make the cows bulk up also make people bulk up, in other words its part of the reason there are so many fatties around lately.
[/quote]

QFT and don't forget that housing millions of animals in a very small area is also very conducive to any host of diseases. (Like dutch hookers in the red light district)
[/quote]

Ok, even I admit that was cheap. but you take the shots you are dealt, not the shots you would like to have.