Hello There, Guest! Register

Ummm... Can't think of a good alternate subject. :P
Thread Closed 
dang
N00b

06-23-2008, 04:59 AM

New here, but I've popped up on the servers somewhat frequently. Enjoyed it so far.

I have to say that the crap going on over at destructoid makes me want to vomit. The site is nothing more than a whore-fest and 4chan degenerate full of power hungry jerks. From community members (Yashoki, Puppet, Rorshach, etc) to actual staff members like Ctz and others, it's becoming sickening how much they want to control things and shut people out who just want to play games.

I've recently converted. Maybe we can get some more people from destructoid to leave the site and come here?

---

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm sorry that you've had some troubles with the Destructoid community.  Sad Please note however that out intention with "BRB, Uninstalling" is NOT to compete with Destructoid. Even though many of our members are/were members of that community, we only wish to provide a place primarily for PC gamers to get hang out and play games together, which is something that Destructoid does not really offer (as they focus primarily on console gaming). That is all.

I personally still regularly visit Destructoid. I will say that I try to distance myself from much of the community, but still enjoy the site as a whole and wish them much success. If it wasn't for them, this site (at least as is) wouldn't exist. I would love for any PC gamers from the Destructoid community to join us as well, but we are not looking to "convert" or "take" from their community.

We're trying to discourage any public Destructoid-bashing, as I'm sure the last thing either community wants is a petty flame war. Please don't start any flame wars, on either site. Any grief incurred by moderators/administration will be passed down to those who caused it.

Thank you for reading, and please enjoy your time with us! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2008, 08:25 AM by ScottyGrayskull.)
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

06-23-2008, 05:50 AM

Welcome. But -1.

None of us here want it to be brought up more than it already has been. And we don't want to rip anyone from Dtoid. We are here to chill and play games and have some laughs..we don't want to cause pointless drama and flash our epeens around to everyone.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2008, 05:55 AM by cbre88x.)
Sarin
Lurker

06-23-2008, 06:22 AM

This isn't a rival site, we don't need people to 'leave' destructoid before they can come here. I don't go to dtoid as much as I used to but its not too bad. If you really care about just playing games and not about fighting then don't fight.

That said if you do feel like ripping on dtoid I'm sure you'll find some people on here to help you with that.

And welcome.

[Image: statsci4.jpg]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

06-23-2008, 07:19 AM

Welcome, I can understand the e-rage but its a bit misplaced.

Unfortunately it's the too vocal minority that is causing all these problems.  Also like I said in another post, we've built many awesome servers by doing pretty much exactly the opposite of what they are doing with their server.  We should take a lesson from that and not get down in the mud with them.

The last thing we want is to sink down to their level.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Vandamguy

06-23-2008, 07:52 AM

probably one of our other regulars making a new account to make inflammatory posts , i've never seen this guy around ever.

marked for moderation-deleto
fyre
BRB, Posting

06-23-2008, 07:56 AM

F*ck people who spell fuck with an asterisk.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

06-23-2008, 07:58 AM

Fuck people who fuck astericks :o

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

06-23-2008, 08:18 AM

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm sorry that you've had some troubles with the Destructoid community.  Sad Please note however that out intention with "BRB, Uninstalling" is NOT to compete with Destructoid. Even though many of our members are/were members of that community, we only wish to provide a place primarily for PC gamers to get hang out and play games together, which is something that Destructoid does not really offer (as they focus primarily on console gaming). That is all.

I personally still regularly visit Destructoid. I will say that I try to distance myself from much of the community, but still enjoy the site as a whole and wish them much success. If it wasn't for them, this site (at least as is) wouldn't exist. I would love for any PC gamers from the Destructoid community to join us as well, but we are not looking to "convert" or "take" from their community.

We're trying to discourage any public Destructoid-bashing, as I'm sure the last thing either community wants is a petty flame war. Please don't start any flame wars, on either site. Any grief incurred by moderators/administration will be passed down to those who caused it.

Thank you for reading, and please enjoy your time with us! Big Grin

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2008, 08:21 AM by ScottyGrayskull.)
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

06-23-2008, 09:50 AM

Its Rorscharch

Cause I have internet skills like that

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Thread Closed