Hello There, Guest! Register

DS decision making
dapngwnman
Lurker

06-25-2008, 12:28 AM

I see a shitton of posts on that World ends with you thread, so I assume there are a few DS owners around.

What should I play next? I've been spending a bit too much time playing TF2, and I need a new game to take breaks on. But, for the life of me, I can't think of any DS games I want to play that I haven't already played. So, any odd shots in the dark?

If i haven't played it, I'll try it. (Yay for flashcarts Big Grin)
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

06-25-2008, 12:30 AM

The World Ends with You is good.
If you haven't played Phantom Hourglass, I recommend that. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (Kiddy title, I know, but fun) Brain Age if you like sudoku, NOT ANY MEGAMAN TITLE.

have fun.
dapngwnman
Lurker

06-25-2008, 12:33 AM

Phantom Hourglass, I actually bought two copies the day it came out. One for me, and one for the gf. One fantastic zelda title. Much better than the Wii version.

World Ends with You, Did not like the combat system. An rpg really has to pull me in, and for some reason, that game turned me away instantly.

M&L: Partners in Time, Fun title indeed. Who cares if its kiddy, that is why Paper Mario series is so gooooood as well.

Brain Age. FUCK THAT GAME. FUCK ANY BRAIN GAME. They always call me dumb. Or like aged 80. Or supposed to be in a coma.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

06-25-2008, 12:40 AM

Advance Wars Dual Strike (if you can find it) or Days of Ruin. FFTA2 comes out here soon, and it looks amazing. Fire Emblem DS comes out this year I think, and Disgaea comes out soon too. Also Rondo of Swords is a really good strategy RPG.

dapngwnman
Lurker

06-25-2008, 12:45 AM

There we go! Now we are getting somewhere. Disgaea DS, completely forgot that was in dev, I'll add that to my watch list.

I have and love both Advanced Wars games. We should play Days of Ruin online sometime, if anyone is up for that. Though, Days of Ruin was a lot more dumbed down CO wise, I really really enjoyed the single player campaign for it. Dual Strike, on the other hand, is just pure crack. I love the dual CO aspect of the game. Colin will forever be my favorite CO in the Advanced Wars game. Cheap tank spam!

FFTA2 will be my best starting bet. I'll give it a try, just hope the rom for it is up. The FF games always take a few extra days after release day to hit the net, at least where I look.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

06-25-2008, 12:46 AM

I liked the way you used COs in Days of Ruin more than the other ones, actually. Since it's a lot more realistic that way, and especially since they went for a more realistic feel overall it fit in nicely.

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

06-25-2008, 12:58 AM

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Ace Attorney Series
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy XII Reverent Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2 (Just came out)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Mario Kart DS
Star Fox Command
Brain Age 1 & 2 (Im a sucker for Sudoku)
Wario Ware Touched
Children of Mana
Geometry Wars DS
Contra 4

If you get one game off that list, pokemons or ace attorney, the former for the sheer size and replay ability (I have over 200 hours on Pearl), the latter for its suburb 3 game story arc.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
dapngwnman
Lurker

06-25-2008, 01:13 AM

Oh boy lets go down the list shall I.

Pokemon - I've logged 150 hours on that, AND went through every tournament in Pokemon Battle Rev on the wii.
Ace Attorney games - addictively burned through all of them when each of them came out
FF3 - played it for 4 hours, did not like the grindy old school rpg aspects
Revenent Wings - I'll pass, personally don't know anything about FF7
FFTA2 - gonna download it for sure.
Professor Layton - oh god that was a great game. I've even done the downloadable puzzles for it. Wish there was more.
Star Fox Command - OOOOO Good call! Now there is something I overlooked and definitely have to download.
Brain....no just can't.
Wario Ware - So short, but so delicious. I've munched all of them from GBA to Wii.
Children of Mana - again, i'm very finnicky with RPGs and did not like it.
Geometry Wars - my OH SHIT I GOT 15 MINUTES UNTIL CLASS WTF SHOULD I DO game. Sweep > all the other helper items.
Contra 4 - SHIT SHIT SHIT I KEEP FORGETTING TO GET THIS THANKS

So, caff has increased my list with contra 4 and star fox command. And I'm still gonna get FFTA2.
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

06-25-2008, 01:44 AM

(06-25-2008, 01:13 AM)dapngwnman link Wrote: Oh boy lets go down the list shall I.

Pokemon - I've logged 150 hours on that, AND went through every tournament in Pokemon Battle Rev on the wii.
Ace Attorney games - addictively burned through all of them when each of them came out
Professor Layton - oh god that was a great game. I've even done the downloadable puzzles for it. Wish there was more.
Star Fox Command - OOOOO Good call! Now there is something I overlooked and definitely have to download.
Brain....no just can't.
Wario Ware - So short, but so delicious. I've munched all of them from GBA to Wii.
Geometry Wars - my OH SHIT I GOT 15 MINUTES UNTIL CLASS WTF SHOULD I DO game. Sweep > all the other helper items.

So, caff has increased my list with contra 4 and star fox command. And I'm still gonna get FFTA2.
HEY. I DON'T RECOMMEND STARFOX COMMAND. Popular opinion said it wasn't that great. Just get Assault if you want a Starfox game.
timepants
Looks like E.T. in RL.

06-25-2008, 02:46 AM

(06-25-2008, 01:44 AM)KarthXLR link Wrote: HEY. I DON'T RECOMMEND STARFOX ASSAULT. Popular opinion said it wasn't that great. Just get Star Fox 64 if you want a Starfox game.
fixed

On topic:
Castlevania-both of them
Clubhouse Games
Hotel Dusk
Space Invaders Extreme
dapngwnman
Lurker

06-25-2008, 03:19 AM

Karth, I'll try it anyways. Not like I'm paying for it. Heh.

Pfft, Star Fox 64 is great, but who hasn't played it thousands of times over. I have it on both my n64 and on my wii. YEAH BUYING THINGS TWICE.

And I'll continue responding!

Castlevania games - OH GOD YES, these were good. I can't wait for another Big Grin
Clubhouse Game - soooo much fun over wifi. also, the challenges they have as a single player mode has taught me a shitton of card games i never cared to learn how to play.
Hotel Dusk - if you played this, you'll know what i mean by "BRAAAADLEY, WHYD YOU DIE BRADDDLEY, OMG WHERE ARE YOU BRADDDLEEYYYY" god that main character was a bitch.
Space Invaders Extreme - oooo, I have NOT heard about this. MUST TRY.

timepants has given me Space Invaders Extreme.
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

06-25-2008, 11:52 AM

I still play Metroid Pinball. Maybe because it's the only pinball game on DS? I don't know, but still fun.

Squishy3
Closet Furry

06-25-2008, 11:57 AM

(06-25-2008, 01:13 AM)dapngwnman link Wrote: Oh boy lets go down the list shall I.

Brain....no just can't.

Revenant Wings is XII and has nothing to do with the main story for XII because it's a prequel.

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

06-25-2008, 12:33 PM

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 1 & 2
Megaman ZX
Megaman ZX Advent
Tetris DS
Kirby Squeak Squad
Cooking Mama

dapngwnman
Lurker

06-25-2008, 01:36 PM

And on with the show.

I really don't care if Revenant Wings is in or out of the FFXII storyline. I really don't like any of the Final Fantasy games besides Tactics, and FFXI. And fuck, I hated FFXI too.

Metroid Pinball - Ooooo, I haven't tried this. Thanks Mission!

Elite Beat Agents games - Got as far through as my music game challenged self could get
Megaman LETTERS THAT ARENT NUMBERS - I refuse. I have 2-6 for the NES on my DS. If I want megaman, I'll play the PROPER megaman.
Tetris DS - oh good lord. I've played over 3000 wifi battles. I shouldn't even remember where my cart is.
Kirby Squeak Squad - Oooo, I haven't tried this either! Thanks Versus!
Cooking Mama - 1, 2, and Wii. Played them all. Most fun is had with copious amounts of smack talk about your egg breaking skills.

Two more added to my "Will try" list!
Versus

06-25-2008, 01:45 PM

Mission, what's your all-time high score on Metroid Pinball?

Also, dapngwman, what's your all-time high score on Tetris DS?

dapngwnman
Lurker

06-25-2008, 01:53 PM

Well, after I got over 999 lines, I found you could keep going forever in Tetris DS in single player with the infinite spin. So I got bored and quit.

Either playing with friends or over WiFi, that is the real challenge.
Versus

06-25-2008, 01:55 PM

Lol. I got to 3500-4000 lines or so before I died on accident. :-[

dapngwnman
Lurker

06-25-2008, 01:56 PM

Awww, you have too much patience. I can't sit there and spin blocks until they fit for hours.
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

06-25-2008, 02:38 PM

I got a ROM of FFTA2 last nite and played for a couple hours and thought it was pretty damn cool so far.  Also, if you love the TBS, try out Rondo of Swords.  Very obscure Atlas published TBS, with a unique take on TBS combat.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.