Hello There, Guest! Register

Socom: Confrontation- New Vids
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

06-27-2008, 05:00 PM

I know a lot of you probably aren't into Socom, but I came from Socom to TF2 and will always have much love fo tha franchise. If anyone wants to know more about Socom..just ask me. I played online in all three, but only started rolling in clans in S3 and CA. These are only youtube vids so I'd look for the high quality shit..probably from IGN or Gametrailers.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1-yt9IfLwps

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gTJGfNAlfD4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2wLtEor7-5o

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qrHGXfkgvas

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F-aEaZ9mM-I

WTF Joel
Whacker of SGs

06-27-2008, 11:30 PM

+1, my first online experience was on socom 1, I was hooked ever since. Played all of them, love all of them. Oh the days of crawling in grassy fields with the M87... then quick sniping came a long and ruined it for me D:

(11-04-2008, 09:06 PM)Surf314 link Wrote:Joel isn't just a furry he is the furry.  He's like the furry king.  Most here are his subjects.

(05-14-2009, 01:35 PM)Vlambo link Wrote:I thought it was gonna be Every White Person vs Joel

cbre88x

06-28-2008, 07:35 AM

Yea I never learned how to quick snipe. Everyone who learned it didn't seem to grasp the fact that it was an exploit, but I still tore ass as a sniper in the game. I'm pretty sure the new game won't have it, but we'll see.

WTF Joel
Whacker of SGs

06-29-2008, 01:49 AM

Yea, the game kinda sucked for me after that. I would have scrims like nightly, and they would always want to go to X map on X team and when we did their map they all were quick snipers... of course on our map we rocked them like no tomorrow.

(11-04-2008, 09:06 PM)Surf314 link Wrote:Joel isn't just a furry he is the furry.  He's like the furry king.  Most here are his subjects.

(05-14-2009, 01:35 PM)Vlambo link Wrote:I thought it was gonna be Every White Person vs Joel

cbre88x

06-29-2008, 07:55 AM

Yea my clan would scrim nightly and we always picked a map that was in the other teams favor and usually beat the shit out of them. We never ran into teams of quick snipers, but we usually got people with wallhacks and aimbot. And A LOT of people with lag switches. It was pretty pathetic people go so far to win a round of Socom.

cbre88x

06-29-2008, 11:41 AM

Halo is for warthog driving pussies.

"OH WAAYT GIYS LE ME RECHAARGE MUH SHIEYLDS!"

WTF Joel
Whacker of SGs

06-29-2008, 12:05 PM

I fixed the thread. Big Grin Anyway, yeah, I have a lag switch, I used it for glitching. I did a lot of GNK on Socom 2. After I learned most of the hardcore ones I would just join other GNK rooms and kill people xD I was the master at laying infinite PMN mines. You remember the map Chain Reaction with the sub in it, the seals on the roof terrorists below? That upper catwalk on the left that ran the whole length of the level, I could plant a straight line of mines that whole length. So many mines that it crashed the server xD not even kidding either. Good times.

cbre88x

06-29-2008, 12:19 PM

lawl. I'm up for lag switching in casual rooms, but in clan wars..that shit wasn't cool.

Haha..that's the perfect map to grief on too. It was relatively easy to just grab some grenades and throw them at spawns. That and Frostfire. There was a glitch in S3's Killing Fields where you could float in the air with an AT-4 that was pretty fun to use. There was also a glitch to get on top of the towers, but I never could figure it out.

WTF Joel
Whacker of SGs

07-02-2008, 06:54 PM

lol these guys were in a clan match with us and they chose that fish hook map or whatever it was called. They glitched outside the map, so I did the mother of all glitches, it was the one where you shot grenades out of your model 18 and lagged the server to the point where your weapons didnt work. Then All I did was go around and kill them, cause they couldnt fight back... lol

cbre88x

07-02-2008, 08:06 PM

(07-02-2008, 06:54 PM)WTF Joel link Wrote: lol these guys were in a clan match with us and they chose that fish hook map or whatever it was called. They glitched outside the map, so I did the mother of all glitches, it was the one where you shot grenades out of your model 18 and lagged the server to the point where your weapons didnt work. Then All I did was go around and kill them, cause they couldnt fight back... lol

I don't think I've ever witnessed that, but it's prbably good that I didn't.

WTF Joel
Whacker of SGs

07-03-2008, 02:41 PM

(07-02-2008, 08:06 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: [quote author=WTF Joel link=topic=661.msg18411#msg18411 date=1215042885]
lol these guys were in a clan match with us and they chose that fish hook map or whatever it was called. They glitched outside the map, so I did the mother of all glitches, it was the one where you shot grenades out of your model 18 and lagged the server to the point where your weapons didnt work. Then All I did was go around and kill them, cause they couldnt fight back... lol

I don't think I've ever witnessed that, but it's prbably good that I didn't.
[/quote]

Its a good thing you didn't xD it also can crash the server for everyone else.

Also, I didn't get to tell you the best shot I ever made in socom. Me and my friend, Bloodmoney, we doing a small 1v1 on that extraction map for socom 2.. fox something.. anyway, its the one that was awesome for sniping. However, bloodmoney didn't sniper, so I was pretty much set. Blood was on the SEALs and I was a Terrorist, loaded with the M82 and model 18. I went up on this big hill that overlooked the river where the seals usually went to take the VIPs. So Im on this hill and sure enough, I see 4 heads going down the river. Now, if you remember, on this river there was a little cave in the side, and from this hill I could see directly into the mouth of the cave. So I get in crouch and scope in on the blood and the 3 VIPS, who are following directly behind him. Blood makes the turn to go into the cave, and thus, so do the VIP's, giving me a perfect shot of the 3rd VIP's back. So I squeeze a round off into the VIP and this is what I heard; "A VIP has been killed, A VIP has been killed, A VIP has been killed, SEALs Eliminated, Terrorists Win" It turns out that since they were in such a nice single file line, my one bullet went through all three VIPs and into the back of Blood. So that was 4 kills with one shot. Best Shot Evar. I've never been able to top this in any game I've played since =O

cbre88x

07-03-2008, 04:44 PM

(07-03-2008, 02:41 PM)WTF Joel link Wrote: Also, I didn't get to tell you the best shot I ever made in socom. Me and my friend, Bloodmoney, we doing a small 1v1 on that extraction map for socom 2.. fox something.. anyway, its the one that was awesome for sniping. However, bloodmoney didn't sniper, so I was pretty much set. Blood was on the SEALs and I was a Terrorist, loaded with the M82 and model 18. I went up on this big hill that overlooked the river where the seals usually went to take the VIPs. So Im on this hill and sure enough, I see 4 heads going down the river. Now, if you remember, on this river there was a little cave in the side, and from this hill I could see directly into the mouth of the cave. So I get in crouch and scope in on the blood and the 3 VIPS, who are following directly behind him. Blood makes the turn to go into the cave, and thus, so do the VIP's, giving me a perfect shot of the 3rd VIP's back. So I squeeze a round off into the VIP and this is what I heard; "A VIP has been killed, A VIP has been killed, A VIP has been killed, SEALs Eliminated, Terrorists Win" It turns out that since they were in such a nice single file line, my one bullet went through all three VIPs and into the back of Blood. So that was 4 kills with one shot. Best Shot Evar. I've never been able to top this in any game I've played since =O

Hahaha. I would have loved to have seen that. I remember a few times where I'd catch 2 players like that,but damn...4?

WTF Joel
Whacker of SGs

07-05-2008, 01:43 AM

I know, never see that shit happen again in a real match. Pure luck, since I wasn't even that good at the time.