Hello There, Guest! Register

Steam Question
Chooly
BRB, Posting

07-09-2008, 05:51 PM

I got a new HD the other day, so I can use the existing 120gb HD dedicated for windows, I just have a reinstall and wipe to do. Although, I think my Orange Box is in storage, and so I was wondering wether or not I can install TF2 the same way I would if I were to buy on marketplace (via digital download).

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-09-2008, 05:57 PM

(07-09-2008, 05:51 PM)Chooly link Wrote: I got a new HD the other day, so I can use the existing 120gb HD dedicated for windows, I just have a reinstall and wipe to do. Although, I think my Orange Box is in storage, and so I was wondering wether or not I can install TF2 the same way I would if I were to buy on marketplace (via digital download).

Yep

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
Chooly
BRB, Posting

07-09-2008, 06:02 PM

(07-09-2008, 05:57 PM)ainmosni link Wrote: [quote author=Chooly link=topic=783.msg20191#msg20191 date=1215643904]
I got a new HD the other day, so I can use the existing 120gb HD dedicated for windows, I just have a reinstall and wipe to do. Although, I think my Orange Box is in storage, and so I was wondering wether or not I can install TF2 the same way I would if I were to buy on marketplace (via digital download).

Yep
[/quote]

Thanks.

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

07-09-2008, 10:04 PM

(07-09-2008, 05:51 PM)Chooly link Wrote: I got a new HD the other day, so I can use the existing 120gb HD dedicated for windows, I just have a reinstall and wipe to do. Although, I think my Orange Box is in storage, and so I was wondering wether or not I can install TF2 the same way I would if I were to buy on marketplace (via digital download).

Yeah. I just did the same thing. When you install Steam and log on, it shows all the games you've bought through Steam as not installed. Just right click on them and select the "install game" option (or whatever it's called). Very cool and very handy. Smile

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

07-11-2008, 12:25 AM

I feel the need to state this: if you're about to suffer a reformat / clean install, don't forget to archive custom maps (saves from having to redownload them), config files in the cfg folder you may have set up, and demo files.  Also screenshots. 

You ain't gettin' any of those back when you reinstall unless you backed 'em up.

Also remember to install and launch all the Half-Life 2's at least once if you'll screw with Steam mods!  ... Am I right on that?
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

07-11-2008, 08:56 AM

(07-11-2008, 12:25 AM)Fail (Medic) link Wrote: I feel the need to state this: if you're about to suffer a reformat / clean install, don't forget to archive custom maps (saves from having to redownload them), config files in the cfg folder you may have set up, and demo files.  Also screenshots.

Yeah... backing up the maps might've been a good idea...  :-\

Quote:Also remember to install and launch all the Half-Life 2's at least once if you'll screw with Steam mods!  ... Am I right on that?

Pretty sure. I know I had to run HL1 once before I could play Jaykin' Bacon with you guys.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER