Hello There, Guest! Register

European FNF - 11-07-2008 - ainmosni's back at the helm edition
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-11-2008, 11:44 AM

After last weeks epic party weekend I'm staying home tonight and ready for another awesome EuroFNF.

I'm still not confident to lock the server up but so far we've been having fun anyway, especially because there are enough admins around.

The custom maps of today will be:

cp_cowpath_b3 - This is a map inspired by warpath... It looks great and hopefully plays great as well.
ctf_face_45 - A port of my favourite map in Unreal Tournament, hopefully it will be as much fun in TF2.

The important information:

Map Pack - This has been updated with all the custom maps we play except the new ones linked above, so download it to save yourself from lots of downloading.

If you had a reserved slot on Caffeine's server, you will have it on this one as well, if you don't and want a reserved spot: mail me your Steam ID on FNF [at] ams-sec [dot] org
Time: 20:00 CEST (GMT +2)

Server: brbuninstalling.com #3 European Server [FastDL|Customs|Stock|HLStatsX|Voting]
IP: ares.ams-sec.org:27015
Password: N/A (Unless we get enough regulars, in that case the password will be 'point')

Spill-Over Server:
Server: brbuninstalling.com #2 Goldrush/Dustbowl
IP: 18.243.2.105:27015
Password: N/A

Spill-Over-Over:
Server: brbuninstalling.com #1 [FastDL|Customs|HLStatsX|Voting]
IP: 8.12.20.112:27015
Password: point

Spillover Instructions:

1) Join the overflow server

2) Open the server browser menu, double click on the destructoid server and click 'auto-retry' and then click 'join as soon as a slot is available'.

3) Hit Esc to close the menus, this will allow you to continue to play TF2 while you wait for a slot to open.

**Your reserve slot will work on all three servers**

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-11-2008, 11:45 AM

w3rd.

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-11-2008, 11:47 AM

Kick ass your playing face_45!!!!!

One of my favorite maps from UT.  Low grav on or off?

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Budr

07-11-2008, 11:51 AM

So the map pack has got the maps we've been adding for Euro nights, also?
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

07-11-2008, 11:54 AM

Just a heads up. Even though I can't play, I plan to be on Steam all evening and can use HLSW to remotely admin. If there are issues that need dealing with and other admins aren't available message me over Steam (and add me if you haven't). Smile

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-11-2008, 11:57 AM

(07-11-2008, 11:54 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: Just a heads up. Even though I can't play, I plan to be on Steam all evening and can use HLSW to remotely admin. If there are issues that need dealing with and other admins aren't available message me over Steam (and add me if you haven't). Smile

Well I'm there so I don't think it'll be needed. Thanks for the offer though

ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

07-11-2008, 12:32 PM

(07-11-2008, 11:57 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: Well I'm there so I don't think it'll be needed. Thanks for the offer though

The offer applies for all three servers. Unless you guys have been changing the rcon passwords on me. Tongue

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

07-11-2008, 01:16 PM

(07-11-2008, 11:57 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: [quote author=ScottyGrayskull link=topic=807.msg20666#msg20666 date=1215795241]
Just a heads up. Even though I can't play, I plan to be on Steam all evening and can use HLSW to remotely admin. If there are issues that need dealing with and other admins aren't available message me over Steam (and add me if you haven't). Smile

Well I'm there so I don't think it'll be needed. Thanks for the offer though
[/quote]

AWW SNAP! Ain's crackin' the whip, and he said get back in your cage Scotty. Tongue

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-14-2008, 04:27 AM

Well, a bit late....

Euro FNF was a lot of fun, we got some new members/regulars from it.

Cowpath:

Cowpath was great imho, it feels kinda like warpath but a little more complex. It looks gorgeous and I'm putting it in for a rtv for sure... I want to play it a few more times though because it kept getting better the longer we played it... We wheren't playing with full teams so it's hard to say how it will play then but I think it will be fine.

Face:

Face was full of laughs, it's not a great tf2 map but it sure as hell is fun. We lowered the gravity to keep in theme and it was a sniper fest. (Just like it was in UT) The biggest problems was that snipers couldnt snipe people off the opposite building. (Seems sniper rifles have a limited range in tf2...)

All in all a fun night.

Budr

07-14-2008, 07:28 AM

(07-14-2008, 04:27 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: Face was full of laughs, it's not a great tf2 map but it sure as hell is fun. We lowered the gravity to keep in theme and it was a sniper fest. (Just like it was in UT) The biggest problems was that snipers couldnt snipe people off the opposite building. (Seems sniper rifles have a limited range in tf2...)

Playing Spy on that map was like heaven, I seem to remember finishing about 50 points ahead of the next players...
cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

07-17-2008, 04:15 PM

Why are you so full of boat metaphors lately, Ain?