Thread Closed 
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

07-21-2008, 10:30 AM

Hmm, this could be interesting.

Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

07-21-2008, 10:30 AM

(07-21-2008, 10:28 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Evil Cheese link=topic=905.msg23480#msg23480 date=1216653354]
Since there seems to be some discussion about it in this thread, I'd be more than willing to help build/maintain web pages once the design has been finalized. Joel or whoever is in charge of that, let me know when you're ready to start building pages. I'm not so good with scripts, but I can learn if need be.

Get in IRC!  We were just talking about that.  Ainmosni is going to start building the website framework this weekend.  Joel is doing the graphics but not the design and nuts and bolts stuff.

I'd talk to ain to see if he needs any help.
[/quote]

I'm at work right now. Sad I'll try and get on later this afternoon.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-21-2008, 01:18 PM

I'm trying to plan out the first show, if you want to be in it let me know but you need to bring your own content (and I have to OK it, so think QUALITY).  I'll be in touch with some people that I want to do specific things.  Also if you want to have a regular segment pitch me a topic.  It can be alone or with someone else.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

07-21-2008, 06:05 PM

I don't know how this would go over... what about a segment that spotlights the current HLStatsX player rankings and maybe gives a Weapon or Action Top 10 or two?  Maybe call it "Stop Spamming [tt]Session[/tt]!"  >Sad .  The name's in jest, but the idea isn't.
WTF Joel
Whacker of SGs

07-21-2008, 06:54 PM

I made 2 designs for the site thus far, I was under the assumption someone was going to take it from there and make it into a site :O

(11-04-2008, 09:06 PM)Surf314 link Wrote:Joel isn't just a furry he is the furry.  He's like the furry king.  Most here are his subjects.

(05-14-2009, 01:35 PM)Vlambo link Wrote:I thought it was gonna be Every White Person vs Joel

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-21-2008, 08:04 PM

(07-21-2008, 06:54 PM)WTF Joel link Wrote: I made 2 designs for the site thus far, I was under the assumption someone was going to take it from there and make it into a site :O

send to ains please Big Grin

rumsfald

07-21-2008, 08:17 PM

I didn't know that I am known as a ranter...?

I'm humbled, but I do not consider myself a strong on-air personality.  I think we have a lot of folks who have better voices and better verbal spontaneity, they should get the air time long before me.  Look at folks who have a track record of audio/visual delivery: I think ain was on a dtoid podcastle, obviously fail, Joel has done great vids (dunno if Joel does all the voices...wasseed...if not he still got mixing/producing chops), and obviously Mr. Grey seems like he has written, acted, recorded, and edited some great vids.

I'm also puzzled to be listed as a primary writer. I think that job requires a lot of idea generation and content generation.  To be honest, most of my skill comes at taking cheap but funny pot-shots and snipes in other people's threads. (Hey, at least I am honest). Again, look for folks who have a track record of dtoid cblogs: caff/aerox excellent point/counterpoint, scottyg, surf, shipero, etc. These are your content generators.

That said, I'm usually always willing when I have spare brain cycles to help out folks in the community by editing, brainstorming, reworking and trying out jokes, etc. To that end, I tried to think of a recurring segments I could possible see myself doing and came up with these. I think they could work better with plenty of not-rumsfald persons, or the host. I also think they best replace each other, so you don't do them all in one podcast (too much human interest!), but every 3rd week.

-Newbie of the (insert time period: month, week, fortnight, etc).  Since we are growing, pick the "best" introduction for the time period and interview that person. New folks will be excited by the possibility that they could be in the podcast, and helps to introduce that person to the community.

-Better Know a Regular (aka BrBarbian): (blatantly ripped off Colbert). Community focus: again, pick a BRB regular and interview them about random stuff.  Not too personal, but ask them enough odd questions to keep it interesting.  Favorite trick move? Favorite regular to frag. Who are they scared of on the server? have you ever cheated in a game, etc.. BrBarian NATION!

-Redring time: what you do when you are not gaming: Ask talented members to speak-up about what they do in off-game time. Mission difficult and his music, el_fajitas and his horns, Tragic's new job update, Kor's WOW update (wait, what), exanimo at the end of summer telling his best lumberjack story. This could be done This American Life style, with good music/sound effects.

Obviously, my bias is community building, and this would all be like 3rd/4th billing on a podcast that would start with recent news, hot released games, upcoming games/platforms, eschatos' Thompson Spotting, etc.

EDIT: Oh, and we definitely need some chicks as regular/co-host. Radio/tv is just like that.

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

07-21-2008, 08:32 PM

:-* rummy. Great ideas.

WTF Joel
Whacker of SGs

07-21-2008, 09:25 PM

Im pretty sure I posted the jpeg and psd of the site on the thread we had for the site, no action was taken any further.

(11-04-2008, 09:06 PM)Surf314 link Wrote:Joel isn't just a furry he is the furry.  He's like the furry king.  Most here are his subjects.

(05-14-2009, 01:35 PM)Vlambo link Wrote:I thought it was gonna be Every White Person vs Joel

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-21-2008, 09:27 PM

(07-21-2008, 09:25 PM)WTF Joel link Wrote: Im pretty sure I posted the jpeg and psd of the site on the thread we had for the site, no action was taken any further.

Ainmosni is jump starting the website.  The podcast seems to be serving at least one function  Big Grin.  Please co-ordinate with him if you can.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
WTF Joel
Whacker of SGs

07-21-2008, 09:30 PM

And I have an idea for me and fail's own part, like a top ten type of count down thing. Only we can add the shit me and medic are known for and make it funny. Something like top ten things not to do in a tf2 match and the likes o.o

ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

07-21-2008, 10:48 PM

(07-21-2008, 09:25 PM)WTF Joel link Wrote: Im pretty sure I posted the jpeg and psd of the site on the thread we had for the site, no action was taken any further.

Yar, you did. And there was much rejoicing at the time. Unfortunately, I believe I said I'd build a website, and we all know how everything else I said I'd get done is going... :-\

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
JasenTamiia
Got beated

07-21-2008, 11:40 PM

[move]| Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | [/move]

Joel was just talking to me earlier today about possibly having me make a sorta theme song/intro/outro for the podcast,
if you can give me some factors to include, I could whip up something nice in about a week or so,

some things to let me know:
+ Length of intro, ill make a long version too
+ I specialize in Digital Orchestra, EBM (sorta I think), and cheesy techno ^w^
+ when/if I get to work on it, Ill post a critique/preview thread so you can help me fine-tune it.

Or you can select any of my current works, I can rebuild it to fit as an intro as well. . .
I can do things like Background music for certain segments too!

"When In Doubt, Walk Real Fast Out!"
-John Freeman, Gordon Freeman's Brother;
  "Half-Life: Full-Life Consequences"
Neonie

07-21-2008, 11:48 PM

(07-21-2008, 11:40 PM)JasenTamiia link Wrote: [move]| Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | [/move]

Joel was just talking to me earlier today about possibly having me make a sorta theme song/intro/outro for the podcast,
if you can give me some factors to include, I could whip up something nice in about a week or so,

+ when/if I get to work on it, Ill post a critique/preview thread so you can help me fine-tune it.

Or you can select any of my current works, I can rebuild it to fit as an intro as well. . .

I wanted to use your Ubercharge mix.
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

07-21-2008, 11:52 PM

(07-21-2008, 11:48 PM)Neonie link Wrote: [quote author=JasenTamiia link=topic=905.msg23725#msg23725 date=1216701606]
[move]| Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | | Theme Intro | [/move]

[/quote]

Then we can have a really fast montage of all our avatars/pictures?
Geoff
Real World Azn

07-21-2008, 11:53 PM

Fuck that sissy-ass techno shit, it's all about bigband jazz.

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Neonie

07-21-2008, 11:54 PM

(07-21-2008, 11:53 PM)Geoff link Wrote: Fuck that sissy-ass techno shit, it's all about bigband jazz.

No no no, that's how Ainmosni's segment is going to start out.
JasenTamiia
Got beated

07-22-2008, 12:02 AM

(07-21-2008, 11:48 PM)Neonie link Wrote: [quote author=JasenTamiia link=topic=905.msg23725#msg23725 date=1216701606]

[/quote]

I can do that.
how long would you like the intro or outro to be?

"When In Doubt, Walk Real Fast Out!"
-John Freeman, Gordon Freeman's Brother;
  "Half-Life: Full-Life Consequences"
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

07-22-2008, 12:08 AM

(07-22-2008, 12:02 AM)JasenTamiia link Wrote: [quote author=Neonie link=topic=905.msg23728#msg23728 date=1216702138]
[quote author=JasenTamiia link=topic=905.msg23725#msg23725 date=1216701606]

[/quote]

I can do that.
[/quote]

I think maybe 30 seconds would be fine.

Neonie

07-22-2008, 12:12 AM

(07-22-2008, 12:08 AM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: [quote author=JasenTamiia link=topic=905.msg23734#msg23734 date=1216702956]
[quote author=Neonie link=topic=905.msg23728#msg23728 date=1216702138]
[quote author=JasenTamiia link=topic=905.msg23725#msg23725 date=1216701606]

[/quote]

I can do that.
[/quote]

I think maybe 30 seconds would be fine.
[/quote]

which 30 secounds though? That's what I'm trying to find out as soon as the song downloads.
Thread Closed