Hello There, Guest! Register

The Movie Thread
fyre
BRB, Posting

07-24-2008, 07:48 PM

I know there's already a favorite movies thread, but this is different. We don't really have a place to talk about movies that don't necessarily deserve a whole thread to themselves. That is, we didn't until now. So if you see something that you think is cool, or something that isn't quite so cool, post it here. Or don't, that's fine too.

Anyway, the reason I started this thread, is that I just saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. And.......y'all should watch it, if you haven't, because it's very cool and quite funny, especially if you've seen a few 40's noir movies.

Yeah that's my review. I'm gonna see if the Sun-Times wants me when Ebert retires.Tongue
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2008, 07:50 PM by fyre.)
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

07-24-2008, 07:56 PM

He already did (from TV anyways)

Also, Lucky Number Slevin, Shoot 'Em Up, and Snatch

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-24-2008, 08:06 PM

Snatch is the shit.

k list:

Fight club
28 days
Dawn of dead 1978
Dawn of Dead 2004
Night of the living dead
Diary of the dead
Land of the dead
day of the dead
This is england
Football factory
Space chimps
Shaun of the dead
Hot Fuzz
Napoleon dynamite
300 (fuck you it was awesome)
Sniper
Rocky
Rocky II
Rocky III
Rocky IV
First Blood
Die Hard
Starship troopers
Starwars Ep1
Starwars return of the Jedi
Dave's home stories 1
Budr fucking a goat

sall for now.

Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

07-24-2008, 08:08 PM

Dave I recommend you go see Mean Machine.  Its the Longest yard but with European football.  It has all the Guy Ritchie type actors (Vinnie Jones, Jason Statham, The guy who played Gorgeous George, and some other familiar faces). 

Budr

07-24-2008, 08:10 PM

(07-24-2008, 07:56 PM)Screaming Viking FuckDuck  (:< link Wrote: Also, Lucky Number Slevin, Shoot 'Em Up, and Snatch

I think that's pushing the limit of "don't necessarily deserve a whole thread to themselves". At least a word or two about why you would recommend or, fuck it, an adjective to describe the film.

Also, Dave: you fail at life. This is not a thread to list your top flicks. As quite clearly stated in the original post, there is already a favourite movies thread.
copulatingduck

07-25-2008, 12:48 AM

(07-24-2008, 08:10 PM)Budr link Wrote: [quote author=Screaming Viking FuckDuck  (:< link=topic=947.msg24403#msg24403 date=1216947389]
Also, Lucky Number Slevin, Shoot 'Em Up, and Snatch

I think that's pushing the limit of "don't necessarily deserve a whole thread to themselves". At least a word or two about why you would recommend or, fuck it, an adjective to describe the film.

Also, Dave: you fail at life. This is not a thread to list your top flicks. As quite clearly stated in the original post, there is already a favourite movies thread.
[/quote]

Fine.

Lucky Number Slevin - a few amazing plot twists, lots of awesome action, and a guy basically ruins an army single-handedly.

Shoot 'Em Up - ridiculously over-the-top action. Another guy basically ruins an army single-handedly.

Snatch - a cool robbery flick that follows the intertwining destinies of more than a dozen different characters. The way their individual stories interlace is seamless, and fucking hilarious. Another great action flick I've had the pleasure of watching.

Also, I whole-heartedly intend to go back and see the Alien flicks this weekend and let you know what I think.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Budr

07-25-2008, 05:39 AM

So, someone linked me to a story about this image (deliberately not hotlinked to avoid any vague spoilers), which led me to go back and rewatch:

[Image: TheRulesOfAttraction.jpg]

[Image: logo2.gif]

The poster proudly claims the film to be: "from the corrupt minds that brought you American Psycho and Pulp Fiction", that being author of the original novel, Brett Easton Ellis and writer slash director Roger Avery.

As far as I know, this film got slated by the critics and did terribly at the box office. In my opinion, it is an absolute masterpiece. The plot is essentially a pitch-black parody of your cheesy, feel-good college movie. The acting throughout is very competant, with some of the supporting characters fleshed out beautifully. Great and innovative soundtrack with some nice tricks for the time manipulation sections. Beautifully directed and cinematographed and the bathtub scene makes me cryspunk every time.

Budr rating: 10
Dave

07-25-2008, 06:07 AM

(07-25-2008, 05:39 AM)Budr link Wrote: So, someone linked me to a story about this image (deliberately not hotlinked to avoid any vague spoilers), which led me to go back and rewatch:

The poster proudly claims the film to be: "from the corrupt minds that brought you American Psycho and Pulp Fiction", that being author of the original novel, Brett Easton Ellis and writer slash director Roger Avery.

As far as I know, this film got slated by the critics and did terribly at the box office. In my opinion, it is an absolute masterpiece. The plot is essentially a pitch-black parody of your cheesy, feel-good college movie. The acting throughout is very competant, with some of the supporting characters fleshed out beautifully. Great and innovative soundtrack with some nice tricks for the time manipulation sections. Beautifully directed and cinematographed and the bathtub scene makes me cryspunk every time.

PROOOF budr has ovaries, and there not my fav films, i cant have likw 14 fav films, its just a list of films that are good, but dont deserve tere own post

suck my dong.

Budr

07-25-2008, 06:36 AM

(07-25-2008, 06:07 AM)Dave link Wrote: PROOOF budr has ovaries,

Dave has clearly never seen the film. I would call that a ringing recommendation.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-25-2008, 09:13 AM

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is fucking awesome.  Proof that Robert Downey Jr and Val Kilmer are some of the greatest actors of all time and need to be in more movies.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

07-25-2008, 09:14 AM

Rules of Attraction was a fucking awesome movie.  It is pretty lame that it didn't get the acclaims it deserved.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-25-2008, 11:30 PM

(07-25-2008, 09:13 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is fucking awesome.  Proof that Robert Downey Jr and Val Kilmer are some of the greatest actors of all time and need to be in more movies.
obligatory tropic thunder because robert downey jr. is a black guy

copulatingduck

08-21-2008, 12:17 AM

OH SHIT

I just saw the newest Rambo movie tonight. John Rambo is my new hero!

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

08-21-2008, 12:29 AM

(08-21-2008, 12:17 AM)Copulating8 Wrote: John Rambo is my new hero!

where the hell have you been for the past 20 years?

I'm going to take this time to tap Shooter for it's unintended bump to AP

Dave

08-21-2008, 01:06 AM

(07-24-2008, 08:08 PM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: Dave I recommend you go see Mean Machine.  Its the Longest yard but with European football.  It has all the Guy Ritchie type actors (Vinnie Jones, Jason Statham, The guy who played Gorgeous George, and some other familiar faces). 

its a poorly done verion of mean machine 1964, the best version.

and the longest yard is the shitter done version of mean machine.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-21-2008, 01:13 AM

(08-21-2008, 12:29 AM)A. Crow link Wrote: where the hell have you been for the past 20 years?

I'm going to take this time to tap Shooter for it's unintended bump to AP

I just rewatched Shooter the other day and loved that flick.  Makes me excited to see Mark Wahlberg in Max Payne.

And Rambo is badass.  At first 300 to me was the most manly movie ever (No matter how you look at it, the action was crazy awesome), but the new Rambo movie topped that with just awesome action like him tearing apart the troop truck and the Barrett sniper rifle litterally blowing apart heads.  Me and my friends were going nuts in the theater over this lol

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Surf314

09-19-2008, 01:23 PM

Anyone see SLC Punk?  Good movie.

Lia1878

09-19-2008, 01:33 PM

(07-25-2008, 05:39 AM)Budr link Wrote: So, someone linked me to a story about this image (deliberately not hotlinked to avoid any vague spoilers), which led me to go back and rewatch:

Agreed. The book is even better, but a lot different, definitely worth the read.

The best movie ever created was Secretary by Steven Shainberg:  http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2475032857/ Sorry in advance for the advertisement in the beginning, but it was the only decent trailer I could find.
Surf314

09-19-2008, 01:36 PM

Also before I forget, in the foreign film category make sure you see "The Lives of Others"

Dave

09-19-2008, 01:55 PM

death race = shit.