Hello There, Guest! Register

BAL-SACKs of CP_STEEL
rumsfald

07-13-2008, 11:04 AM

Dear diary,

BAL-SACK remains a team without a focus.  It’s like we are Batman with no Joker.  Seinfeld with no Newman.  Arthras with no King Terenas (I don’t know what that is supposed to mean, Kor told me it would bring mega-lulz).  I wish people would sign up for T-BAG already. http://www.brbuninstalling.com/forum/ind...opic=678.0

[Image: newman.jpg]

It was suggested that we follow the maps being used in leagues for the week, and practice up on that so that cerial clans could use us as punching bags as they train up for the match that week.  So, map du jour is CP_Steel.  On Wed night we rolled around ideas, assuming an 8v8 matchup.

Defense
[Image: img.13024_t.jpg]

1) Point E should always be guarded by 2 people to prevent ninja-caps.  1 is a demo, cause they can lock down the point.  The other should probably be a scout, as a scout can patrol the whole back path to E and harass and, most importantly, inform the rest of the team of offensive movements.

2) Point A is not seen as the most viable defensive stand.  That said, a token force (2-3, maybe heavy, solly, medic) can try to delay and stall while the engies and demos set up to defend B.

3) B and C were seen as the best points to make a stand.  Discussed sentry placement, class positioning, likely offensive maneuvers, etc. I could draw and ascii map, but you don’t want to see me do that.

Offense
[Image: cycle_off.gif]

Because you can rush E and ninja-win, this map really puts pressure on the Caller, or Team Lead. This would likely be Kor during a match with Caff as backup, but other folks are encouraged to think about working on their calling skills, as they both will not always be available.  Particularly, we discussed the Caller switching between a 6/2 and 4/4 offensive set, with the smaller, lighter group pushing E. 

We didn’t get into specifics, but here is Rummy’s Approximation.

6/2
6-team, attacking A, B, C, D in order
Heavy
Medic
Soldier (optional 2nd)
Demo
Pyro (optional)
Spy (optional, highly situational)
Engie (optional, when rushing C and/or D)

2-team, forcing E
Scout (or 2)
Demo or Soldier

[b]4/4
A – forcing main[/b]
Heavy
Soldier
Pyro
Medic

B – Forcing E
Scout
Soldier
Demo
Medic
Spy (optional, highly situational)

We didn't discuss this, but I should add that if the E-team notices a substantial defense (3 defenders or more) on E, the Caller could call a full 8 rush on main (A,B,C,D) to cap points, open doors, and add time.

Because of the poor sightlines, this is not a sniper map.

Folks from the team are welcome to add or correct.
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-13-2008, 12:57 PM

memorised.

ToiletDuck
BRB, Posting

07-13-2008, 12:59 PM

nd

[Image: vhs51j.gif]
[Image: rrmvpd.gif]
[Image: 5wfajm.gif]
[Image: 33cmd7m.gif]
[Image: s3g8xs.gif]
[Image: 2dmbam1.gif]
[Image: 1e5tuv.gif]
[Image: 1fzo94.jpg]
NiceGuy
Fulfills Asi^H^H Korean stereotypes

07-13-2008, 01:27 PM

Also to note:

Good sentry placement when pushed back to having to defend E is the little alcove above the stairwell in the corner where the engie can safely place a dispenser out of harms way and sit in between that and his sentry while he pounds away at it. Also, a exit tele in the little room adjacent to said alcove with an entrance at one of the D spawns helps greatly.

I've also noticed that a defensive sniper can get VERY annoying when you're trying to get at point E on offense, when they sit back in that little room picking off people standing or moving to the point.

On BAL-SACKs:

(07-10-2008, 06:52 PM)rumsfald link Wrote:Like our namesake, the number one thing we do is hang around.  Between your legs. Hang around waiting for some action.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-13-2008, 03:26 PM

I discovered something with scout that seemed useful.

Since staying alive is more of a priority, as well as keeping as many people preoccupied to change up the odds, there is a scout trick for annoying people on E.

Assuming they have no sentry you jump onto E and then as soon as you see that you are about to get killed you jump down to the little overhang ledge thing that is beneath E.  Then you run through and snag the full health.  When you come out at I think C if you run up and jump onto the ledge that overhangs where you came out it will take you right back to E.

You can repeat this until they get wise in which case they will have to waste a sentry or a couple of players to stop you.  Which means with one guy you can keep at least one engy preoccupied and help draw people away from the other points.  Or if your lucky you can take the point this way.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

07-18-2008, 03:11 PM

Rummy's got my back. FUCKERS SIGN UP.
jorge
It's pronounced yor-ge

07-20-2008, 02:58 AM

That map has too many dead ends.