Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: I'm deciding on which one I want to get. Your opinion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
3.13%
1 3.13%
Bioshock
43.75%
14 43.75%
both
15.63%
5 15.63%
neither
18.75%
6 18.75%
I REJECT THESE ANSWERS AND CHOOSE RAPTURE
18.75%
6 18.75%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Call of Duty 4 or Bioshock?
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

08-09-2008, 04:46 AM

Sorry man, Goldeneye isn't hard.  I have 100% everything unlocked on that game, including the crazy shit like beating the Stacks mission in under a minute.  Perfect Dark on the other hand, is a fucking bitch, mainly due to them removing the "delay" after taking hits.  And did you ever play any of the Timesplitters games?

Also I found my Deus Ex disc.

Also who in the hell would buy food from a movie theatre?  Movies are too expensive to see as is, I'll usually wait for them to show up at the $2 theatre =o.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Ceceil Felias
Slave to no man

08-09-2008, 04:51 AM

(08-09-2008, 04:46 AM)Wedge link Wrote: Also who in the hell would buy food from a movie theatre?  Movies are too expensive to see as is, I'll usually wait for them to show up at the $2 theatre =o.
Those who don't have big enough coats to sneak food in, I'd reckon. :O Plus I tend to be lucky -- the movie itself tends to cost less than the food where I go to, and I have a nice big coat! <3
ktj
Lurker

08-09-2008, 06:27 AM

I have tried cod4 for few times, nothing super good in it.
Also I just started playing bioshock, looks like nasty but no multi player :/
CoD4 might have longer lifetime.
Budr

08-09-2008, 06:28 AM

Nice post Mongoose, some interesting points. However:

(08-09-2008, 02:27 AM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: Goldeneye was not the epitome of FPS gaming, it's just the last GREAT console FPS, the last GOOD console FPS was perfect dark (for N64, which is pretty much goldeneye with new guns and slightly different story).

There hasn't been what I consider a good console FPS ever since those 2 games...and... obviously...Gordon Freeman pwns j00

Firstly, however tired the argument, I feel obliged to say that a great console FPS is somewhat akin to top of a special needs class. I don't care how well you can count matchsticks, you're still retarded.

Quote:Why hasn't there been a good one? Because they're all now, as Caffeine puts it, "cuddly games" it's hard to fail the single player, and the multiplayer is lackluster at best. I remember Goldeneye being so fucking hard at times, but I loved playing it! I especially loved blowing up the server room at the satellite control...that was an awesome part of the game...that was insanely difficult if you tried to beat it on almost any of the difficulty settings...seriously, the game was HARD and if you DIED (that's right you could DIE, and you didn't have regenerative health!) you'd have to start over from the beginning, or last check point, which is another thing that made me LOVE the game, now all they do is hold your hand and walk you through everything...you might as well just go see a movie in theaters...it ends up costing about as much as a game nowadays.

Whilst I would most definitely agree that excessive difficulty should not detract from the value of a game, I would contend the notion that a lack of challenge should either.

Quote:There's still so much more that can actually be done with FPS gaming that has been yet to be done (well). A good FPS MMO hasn't come out yet, obviously you can't do much with an MMO that hasn't already been done, and you can't do much with an FPS that hasn't already been done, and huxley doesn't look special to me, then Twilight War, well they pissed me off so I stopped following them.

You seem to have completely contradicted yourself, unless I am misreading. I would agree entirely with the sentiment of the second highlighted section.
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

08-09-2008, 09:21 AM

(08-08-2008, 03:40 PM)KarthXLR link Wrote: And last but not least, (caff is gonna strangle me for saying this) since I've played roughly the same amount of each game, I had a lot less fun playing System Shock 2 than I did playing Bioshock.

After all, isn't having fun the purpose of a game?

Hmmm... you really make me want to find my copy of SS2 and reinstall it. I remember it being very frustrating, but at the same time immensely satisfying if played as intended (crawling around, scavenging and avoiding combat). I'm very curious to see if it's retro-goggles or not. Smile

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
ScottyGrayskull

08-09-2008, 09:22 AM

(08-08-2008, 04:15 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: other like Battletoads really are outdated not worth playing, except for nostalgia's sake.

:o

:'(

I like Battletoads, even today... :'(

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

08-09-2008, 09:25 AM

(08-09-2008, 06:28 AM)Budr link Wrote: Whilst I would most definitely agree that excessive difficulty should not detract from the value of a game, I would contend the notion that a lack of challenge should either.

I disagree, i think the main reason people play games is that we like the challenge, hell i never play a game on anythign less than normal and you usualy get more for it from the game, if a game is to easy i wouldnt want to play it.

ScottyGrayskull

08-09-2008, 09:31 AM

(08-08-2008, 11:08 PM)Wedge link Wrote: [quote author=Eschatos link=topic=1099.msg28962#msg28962 date=1218251000]
Now if someone made a mod that updated the graphics, user interface, and playability of System Shock 2 to Bioshock levels, I would be in heaven.

There's a mod that updates most of the enemy models into nice looking hi-poly hi-res models, and a hi-res texture pack.  Not Bioshock levels, but it's a nice improvement.
[/quote]

Not quite Bioshock level, but looks pretty good to me.

Although Eschatos wasn't able to get them working. :'(

Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

08-09-2008, 10:39 AM

(08-09-2008, 09:31 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=1099.msg28975#msg28975 date=1218254927]
[quote author=Eschatos link=topic=1099.msg28962#msg28962 date=1218251000]
Now if someone made a mod that updated the graphics, user interface, and playability of System Shock 2 to Bioshock levels, I would be in heaven.

There's a mod that updates most of the enemy models into nice looking hi-poly hi-res models, and a hi-res texture pack.  Not Bioshock levels, but it's a nice improvement.
[/quote]

Not quite Bioshock level, but looks pretty good to me.

Although Eschatos wasn't able to get them working. :'(
[/quote]

Actually, I just found out how.  Turns out I have to set the processor affinity every time I open the game.  The mods bring the graphics to slightly better than Half Life 1's, nothing special.

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

08-09-2008, 03:22 PM

The enemy models are a lot better than HL1.  And yes, dual cores fux up the game royally.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
timepants
Looks like E.T. in RL.

08-09-2008, 04:39 PM

(08-09-2008, 03:22 PM)Wedge link Wrote: The enemy models are a lot better than HL1.  And yes, dual cores fux up the game royally.

It's been a while since I played SS2 but I'm pretty sure this solves the problem.
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

08-09-2008, 06:19 PM

Install Cyberia and make the guy touch the acid a thousand times, then, a carebare will appear and take to to the final level Big Grin