Hello There, Guest! Register

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (WAR)
Just Kartz
N00b

08-24-2008, 11:54 AM

Like the topic's subject suggests, this topic's about Warhammer Online. Seeing there's just a few weeks left till it releases, less than a month, even, I figured it was worth starting a topic about it.

So, anyone aside from me that's looking forward to this game, or even played the beta of it? I can't wait for it to release myself, I even pre-ordered a Collector's Edition of it, so I'll get a chance to try it out before it's actually released. <3

Oh, and here's a new gameplay video of it, which just recently released on their website: http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/h...ailer.html
And this's the new cinematic: http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/h...ic_08.html

Check them out! I think WAR will be a awesome game, but then again, I've always liked good MMO's.

What's your opinion 'bout it?

[Image: wolf22so8.jpg]
"MAGGOTS! Big Grin"
Squishy3
Closet Furry

08-24-2008, 11:58 AM

Eschatos and I have been playing the preview weekend which ends today. I've been playing Destruction and he's been playing Order. So far it plays like WoW, but all the little things that make it unique compared to WoW I like a lot better. Like Public Quests and the RvR I like more than Battlegrounds and raids in WoW. And it also has the party search function from Guild Wars which is REALLY awesome. Also 10x more prettier than WoW, and the quests have a lot more meat than them and makes you actually want to complete them. One of the quests for Greenskins is there's a statue of a dwarf and the quest-giver says "They made Mork all wrong! He doesn't 'ave a beard! Go throw some mud at 'im to make 'im look more like Mork!"

So overall I like it a lot better, and it looks like it will have a huge group of players at launch and the servers have been very stable so far, only 2 overall crashes over the course of 3 days.

Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

08-24-2008, 12:24 PM

I really like it as well, except for a few bits about public quests.  First off, almost no one gets loot from them and who does is decided way too randomly.  Second, when there aren't other people around you have no way to complete them.  It'd be nice if the requirements to finish the quest were adjusted depending on the number of people participating.  Other than that I love it. 

Just Kartz
N00b

08-24-2008, 03:09 PM

Oh? Well, that's always good to know, thanks for letting me know, Eschatos. q: I knew there were public quests and the loot was randomly given to those that completed it, but that they would be next to impossible to do alone, that I did not know, so.. thanks for the hint, once more. xP

I'm gonna play as Destruction (Chaos) myself, as a Magus. Althought, if I'd feel like picking another class or two, it'd be Squig Herder, or Black Orc, alternativly a Chaos Marauder. All classes seem very interesting, to be quite honest, but I played Alliance ALOT in WoW, so.. I'll prolly stay away from the "Order" part in WAR, heh.

"MAGGOTS! Big Grin"
Eschatos

08-24-2008, 03:31 PM

We'll have to organize the servers we play on so we can play together.  One server for Order, and another for Chaos.  One thing I don't get is why the sides are called Order and Destruction. Order is not the opposite of destruction, creation is. 

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

08-24-2008, 03:32 PM

(08-24-2008, 03:31 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: We'll have to organize the servers we play on so we can play together.  One server for Order, and another for Chaos.  One thing I don't get is why the sides are called Order and Destruction. Order is not the opposite of destruction, creation is. 

order is chaos, but they cant call it chaos so destruction would have to do (anachy would have been better.)

Just Kartz
N00b

08-24-2008, 03:39 PM

(08-24-2008, 03:31 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: We'll have to organize the servers we play on so we can play together.  One server for Order, and another for Chaos.  One thing I don't get is why the sides are called Order and Destruction. Order is not the opposite of destruction, creation is. 

... You probably live in the US. Dx I'm in Sweden myself, EU, that is.. so.. bleh. D: We won't be able to play together, I think..

"MAGGOTS! Big Grin"
Dave

08-24-2008, 03:44 PM

(08-24-2008, 03:39 PM)Just Kartz link Wrote: [quote author=Eschatos link=topic=1248.msg33367#msg33367 date=1219609884]
We'll have to organize the servers we play on so we can play together.  One server for Order, and another for Chaos.  One thing I don't get is why the sides are called Order and Destruction. Order is not the opposite of destruction, creation is. 

... You probably live in the US. Dx I'm in Sweden myself, EU, that is.. so.. bleh. D: We won't be able to play together, I think..
[/quote]

nope, daves having to buy the US version.

Vandamguy

08-24-2008, 04:43 PM

me n kor are playin this atm too.

duno what server we'll be on , we're trying to corrdinate servers with a few people
Eschatos

08-24-2008, 04:46 PM

(08-24-2008, 04:43 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: me n kor are playin this atm too.

duno what server we'll be on , we're trying to corrdinate servers with a few people

Be sure to let us know

Squishy3
Closet Furry

08-24-2008, 04:49 PM

I hope they release a list of the servers that'll be out at launch so that we can decide before it comes out.

also warhammer online guild brbuninstalling should be a project

hawtpawkithero
Lurker

08-24-2008, 04:59 PM

I'm going to wait for a few first impressions to come out.
I'm not getting fucked over again like I did with AoC.
Waste of 50 bucks.

[Image: 1260992540627.gif]
Dave

08-24-2008, 05:43 PM

(08-24-2008, 04:59 PM)hawtpawkithero link Wrote: I'm going to wait for a few first impressions to come out.
Waste of 50 bucks.

amen, but i struggled with it for 2 months like an abused spouse.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-24-2008, 05:45 PM

Kinda hard to be excited by yet ANOTHER fantasy MMO, when it looks so much like a less cartoony version of World of Warcraft, but it's something to look into if it actually tries to do something more interesting than the mindless grind and crappy quests of WoW.  Tough to get me to stick with MMO's these days, like only playing AoC for a month before my interest dying off.  I'll probably wait a few months to even consider it since it'll be patched to hell for awhile just like everything else.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

08-24-2008, 05:49 PM

I'll play the free trial whenever one gets released, then I'll decide weather to go with this or jump back to WoW for the expansion.
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

08-24-2008, 07:20 PM

I wasn't interested at all until yesterday.
I don't listen to what people say over internet, but one of my friend tried the pre-beta and I found the game pretty interesting. I'll get the open beta to get a clear idea of the game.

(08-24-2008, 05:43 PM)Dave link Wrote: [quote author=hawtpawkithero link=topic=1248.msg33401#msg33401 date=1219615163]
Waste of 50 bucks.

[/quote]

I don't know if it's true, but my friend said the open beta is "free"... as you can get refunded if you are not buying the real shit.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Eschatos

08-24-2008, 07:32 PM

(08-24-2008, 07:20 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: I wasn't interested at all until yesterday.
I don't listen to what people say over internet, but one of my friend tried the pre-beta and I found the game pretty interesting. I'll get the open beta to get a clear idea of the game.

[quote author=Dave link=topic=1248.msg33417#msg33417 date=1219617815]
[quote author=hawtpawkithero link=topic=1248.msg33401#msg33401 date=1219615163]
Waste of 50 bucks.

[/quote]

I don't know if it's true, but my friend said the open beta is "free"... as you can get refunded if you are not buying the real shit.
[/quote]

Yeah, if I decide I don't like open beta I'll just go back and put my $10 into Spore.

Just Kartz
N00b

08-25-2008, 01:24 AM

From what I've heard and seen on forums/youtube, it appears much more interesting than what WoW does to me currently. Reason's probably cause I've already been through all of WoW, seen the high-end of, .. well, everything, and so forth.

WAR got a new kind of crafting system, RvR (think, DAoC-ish), Public Quests, and alot of more new things which I can't wait to try out. They listen ten times more to their Closed Beta testers than what I've heard of from any other MMO so far. The 3.3 closed beta patch for WAR had over 800 lines of fixes and balancing, while the latest patches for AoC only got 20~ish.

I played AoC all the way up to level 30, and watched a friend of mine force himself all the way up to 80, so let me tell you this: the raiding instances was FAR from complete, the UI was HORRID at some cases, I found more bugs the first 2 days in that game than what I ever saw during all the time I played WoW, and PvP was more unbalanced than anything I've ever seen.

However, even with all of these bugs, crashes, unbalanced gameplay and so forth, the game was probably the most well made one so far, graphical, and it had a very strong story based on several books, movies and what-else.

They promised too much, FAR too much, and the game could clearly have waited for another one year, just to be bug-tested even further. They might've made a game much greater than WoW in all aspects, but instead they ended up with a game that probably won't have more than 50.000 users by the release of WotLK, which's like.. 4 times less than what they need to *almost* call the game a success.

STILL. AoC promised alot of new things, just like WAR, but turned out like a pile of crap. I really do hope that Warhammer Online turns out into a better game. It's not that hard to beat the failiure AoC ended up with, though. q:

"MAGGOTS! Big Grin"
Squishy3
Closet Furry

08-25-2008, 01:29 AM

So far I like it a lot more than AoC and WoW combined. There a few bugs in the beta that are blatantly obvious, but Mythic is already aware of them and working for them to be fixed before open beta begin, and it seems like they're getting their server shit straightened out, it's been only 3 full server crashes so far, so they'll definitely be ready for release and there shouldn't be too many problems out of release. I think they found a good number of bugs that they can fix before open beta during the preview weekend, can't remember what the exact number is.

Dave

08-25-2008, 09:57 AM

(08-25-2008, 01:24 AM)Just Kartz link Wrote: From what I've heard and seen on forums/youtube, it appears much more interesting than what WoW does to me currently. Reason's probably cause I've already been through all of WoW, seen the high-end of, .. well, everything, and so forth.

WAR got a new kind of crafting system, RvR (think, DAoC-ish), Public Quests, and alot of more new things which I can't wait to try out. They listen ten times more to their Closed Beta testers than what I've heard of from any other MMO so far. The 3.3 closed beta patch for WAR had over 800 lines of fixes and balancing, while the latest patches for AoC only got 20~ish.

I played AoC all the way up to level 30, and watched a friend of mine force himself all the way up to 80, so let me tell you this: the raiding instances was FAR from complete, the UI was HORRID at some cases, I found more bugs the first 2 days in that game than what I ever saw during all the time I played WoW, and PvP was more unbalanced than anything I've ever seen.

However, even with all of these bugs, crashes, unbalanced gameplay and so forth, the game was probably the most well made one so far, graphical, and it had a very strong story based on several books, movies and what-else.

They promised too much, FAR too much, and the game could clearly have waited for another one year, just to be bug-tested even further. They might've made a game much greater than WoW in all aspects, but instead they ended up with a game that probably won't have more than 50.000 users by the release of WotLK, which's like.. 4 times less than what they need to *almost* call the game a success.

STILL. AoC promised alot of new things, just like WAR, but turned out like a pile of crap. I really do hope that Warhammer Online turns out into a better game. It's not that hard to beat the failiure AoC ended up with, though. q:

i got to 50 as a bear shaman, aroudn 50 they stop giving you quests and expect yoyu to grind to 60, i would have just quit then but i love pvp, so i did a shitton of arena......fuck you ToS you OP cocksucking fuckwits.

then i uninstalled all 20gig :l