Hello There, Guest! Register

Well, I bricked my Creative Zen Micro
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

09-04-2008, 01:57 AM

i fucked something up, then proceeded to format the hard drive because thats all i was trying to do in the first place
decided it would be a good idea to reload firmware too while i was at the recovery screen
now im stuck there and the firmware update utility does not recognize my player, yet xp device manager does
drivers are all installed right
idk i guess who wants a paper weight?

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

09-04-2008, 02:00 AM

(09-04-2008, 01:57 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: i fucked something up, then proceeded to format the hard drive because thats all i was trying to do in the first place
decided it would be a good idea to reload firmware too while i was at the recovery screen
now im stuck there and the firmware update utility does not recognize my player, yet xp device manager does

PWNED

I did this exact same fucking thing not 4 weeks ago, had to get a new ipod. Except mine was a Creative Zen Sleek Photo. I feel your pain, doubly so because I just followed what the online instructions suggested for fixing an issue I was having with it.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
zaneyard

09-04-2008, 11:46 AM

(09-04-2008, 02:00 AM)CopulatingDrunk link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=1329.msg36121#msg36121 date=1220511428]
i fucked something up, then proceeded to format the hard drive because thats all i was trying to do in the first place

PWNED

I did this exact same fucking thing not 4 weeks ago, had to get a new ipod. Except mine was a Creative Zen Sleek Photo. I feel your pain, doubly so because I just followed what the online instructions suggested for fixing an issue I was having with it.
[/quote]
def. still not getting an ipod
when i screwed it up, it was my fault.
granted the firmware update utility isnt working, im still at fault for fucking it up in the first place.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
copulatingduck

09-04-2008, 01:26 PM

Dunno about you, but I was following directions on their site to fix a problem I was having. Those didn't work, so I called and THEY FUCKING TOLD ME TO FORMAT AND RELOAD FIRMWARE. Turns out that that particular feature never worked for their older shit, and they blamed it on me for not etlling them I was using an older player, EVEN THOUGH I HAD TO TELL THEM WHAT TYPE IT WAS SO THEY COULD PULL THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS OUT FOR IT.

Personally, I'll never buy another creative product again, the way they handled the situation was complete bullshit. Plus, at least Apple knows how to make an MP3 player.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

09-04-2008, 02:39 PM

(09-04-2008, 01:26 PM)CopulatingDrunk link Wrote: Dunno about you, but I was following directions on their site to fix a problem I was having. Those didn't work, so I called and THEY FUCKING TOLD ME TO FORMAT AND RELOAD FIRMWARE. Turns out that that particular feature never worked for their older shit, and they blamed it on me for not etlling them I was using an older player, EVEN THOUGH I HAD TO TELL THEM WHAT TYPE IT WAS SO THEY COULD PULL THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS OUT FOR IT.

Personally, I'll never buy another creative product again, the way they handled the situation was complete bullshit. Plus, at least Apple knows how to make an MP3 player.

they arent waterproof tho.

god damn it

zaneyard

09-04-2008, 03:11 PM

im looking at one of the new creative zen's, or the zen xfi

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Ceceil Felias
Slave to no man

09-04-2008, 03:18 PM

Creative's products have gone to hell for the most part. The only good thing as of late is the ZEN Stone, which my brother has put through a washload of laundry (both washer and dryer) with no ill effect to the player.

Hell, I was in for a surprise when I tore my also-bricked Zen Touch's harddrive out, put it in my laptop, then ran a full hardware check via Knoppix to find out "SURPRISE! SMART'S BEEN DISABLED FOR THIS PLAYER'S ENTIRE SHITTY LIFETIME" Way to go, Creative, not bothering to implement a few extra lines of code to implement an easier way to get people to replace their players in the first place.  :Smile

blah blah blah geek talk just chuck it

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

09-04-2008, 03:23 PM

(09-04-2008, 02:39 PM)Dave link Wrote: [quote author=CopulatingDrunk link=topic=1329.msg36227#msg36227 date=1220552807]
Dunno about you, but I was following directions on their site to fix a problem I was having. Those didn't work, so I called and THEY FUCKING TOLD ME TO FORMAT AND RELOAD FIRMWARE. Turns out that that particular feature never worked for their older shit, and they blamed it on me for not etlling them I was using an older player, EVEN THOUGH I HAD TO TELL THEM WHAT TYPE IT WAS SO THEY COULD PULL THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS OUT FOR IT.

god damn it
[/quote]

Check your pockets before you put shit in the washer?

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

09-04-2008, 03:31 PM

(09-04-2008, 03:23 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: [quote author=Dave link=topic=1329.msg36244#msg36244 date=1220557185]
[quote author=CopulatingDrunk link=topic=1329.msg36227#msg36227 date=1220552807]

god damn it
[/quote]

Check your pockets before you put shit in the washer?
[/quote]

check for puddles before you test if the video where they run over a ipod nano was real.

zaneyard

09-04-2008, 05:32 PM

(09-04-2008, 03:18 PM)Ceceil Felias link Wrote: Creative's products have gone to hell for the most part. The only good thing as of late is the ZEN Stone, which my brother has put through a washload of laundry (both washer and dryer) with no ill effect to the player.

Hell, I was in for a surprise when I tore my also-bricked Zen Touch's harddrive out, put it in my laptop, then ran a full hardware check via Knoppix to find out "SURPRISE! SMART'S BEEN DISABLED FOR THIS PLAYER'S ENTIRE SHITTY LIFETIME" Way to go, Creative, not bothering to implement a few extra lines of code to implement an easier way to get people to replace their players in the first place.  :Smile

the two newest zens look great, i really am not ready to give up on Creative already. It was my fault, i do shit to computers that shouldnt be done.
I would never conform to Apple anyway, the lack of features is horrible.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
copulatingduck

09-04-2008, 09:34 PM

(09-04-2008, 05:32 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Ceceil Felias link=topic=1329.msg36249#msg36249 date=1220559537]
Creative's products have gone to hell for the most part. The only good thing as of late is the ZEN Stone, which my brother has put through a washload of laundry (both washer and dryer) with no ill effect to the player.

the two newest zens look great, i really am not ready to give up on Creative already. It was my fault, i do shit to computers that shouldnt be done.
[/quote]

No. When your MP3 player has "FORMAT" and "DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE" in the fucking menu, it should fucking be able to do it. None of that "oh wait, that feature never actually worked, sorry," bullshit. Don't be a sheep. I give apple a TON of shit, and I hate the company a lot, but I gave their players a chance and they're fantastic. What features are you hoping for that the creative will give you that the apple player can't?

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

09-04-2008, 10:03 PM

(09-04-2008, 09:34 PM)CopulatingDrunk link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=1329.msg36283#msg36283 date=1220567528]
[quote author=Ceceil Felias link=topic=1329.msg36249#msg36249 date=1220559537]

[/quote]

No. When your MP3 player has "FORMAT" and "DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE" in the fucking menu, it should fucking be able to do it. None of that "oh wait, that feature never actually worked, sorry," bullshit. Don't be a sheep. I give apple a TON of shit, and I hate the company a lot, but I gave their players a chance and they're fantastic. What features are you hoping for that the creative will give you that the apple player can't?
[/quote]

This was me and then I woke up one day and was in their cult =(

Actually I liked their iPod and when I wanted to get a laptop for work I did a lot of research and MBP had the least failure rates and best customer service ratings from consumer reports, yea it bit me in the ass but I think I was just a statistical inevitability.  Shitty mood aside the tech people were extremely nice, they never tried to put the blame on me and the service turn around was quick.  So I would probably buy more apple products in the future.  Although I'm much more weary about their design/reliability premium since one doesn't matter to me and the other seems a bit dubious.  They really need to drop their prices.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
HeK
Rotartsinimda

09-04-2008, 10:25 PM

At least iPods don't have firmware. They are completely software. If you brick it, it still acts as a USB MSD.
Just reload the software and away you go.
zaneyard

09-05-2008, 01:34 AM

(09-04-2008, 10:25 PM)HeK link Wrote: At least iPods don't have firmware. They are completely software. If you brick it, it still acts as a USB MSD.
Just reload the software and away you go.
all portable devices have firmware, they just are idiot proof and well engineered in iPoods
honestly i have no problem with iPods, i just dont like that because they are the majority that people think that that is all that there is.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
copulatingduck

09-05-2008, 01:38 AM

Well I hate to tell you this (no really) but they pretty much ARE all there really is. Ipods have the most comprehensive-featureset as well as the best engineering/manufacturing of any mp3 player I've seen on the market. I'd love to see someone else make something better, but even Microsoft throwing money at the Zune didn't cut it.

For the record, Apple has the top mp3 player because they hire the top engineers/computer scientists extremely aggressively.

(09-05-2008, 01:34 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: they just are idiot proof and well engineered in iPoods

exactly

(09-05-2008, 01:34 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: honestly i have no problem with iPods, i just dont like that because they are the majority that people think that that is all that there is.

That's a bit immature. It's not like they have the PC market as well. Tongue

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
zaneyard

09-05-2008, 01:43 AM

tbh, i think it was the timing of being the real "frontiers"
sure there were those before, but apple did it right.
i guess im just non-conformist
ipods are the rich white girl toys
i will be a zen elitist.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
copulatingduck

09-05-2008, 01:54 AM

http://www.dieselsweeties.com/irp/

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
zaneyard

09-05-2008, 02:30 AM

(09-05-2008, 01:54 AM)CopulatingDrunk link Wrote: http://www.dieselsweeties.com/irp/
i dont go for indie music unless it sounds good.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Darklink
BRB, Posting

09-07-2008, 01:21 PM

(09-05-2008, 01:38 AM)CopulatingDrunk link Wrote: Well I hate to tell you this (no really) but they pretty much ARE all there really is. Ipods have the most comprehensive-featureset as well as the best engineering/manufacturing of any mp3 player I've seen on the market. I'd love to see someone else make something better, but even Microsoft throwing money at the Zune didn't cut it.

For the record, Apple has the top mp3 player because they hire the top engineers/computer scientists extremely aggressively.

[quote author=zaneyard link=topic=1329.msg36462#msg36462 date=1220596492]
they just are idiot proof and well engineered in iPoods

exactly

(09-05-2008, 01:34 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: honestly i have no problem with iPods, i just dont like that because they are the majority that people think that that is all that there is.

That's a bit immature. It's not like they have the PC market as well. Tongue
[/quote]

The Zune is better >_>.

Instead of putting some bigass wheel on it, they put a nice sized touch-pad that has manual push button on it also. Then they just placed two smaller buttons beside it (Play/Pause/Turn off and Back) and used all that extra space to put a decent sized screen on it.

Not to mention the social features involved with it, wireless sync, and other nice features. I would mention the Radio, but all the stations here suck balls so I never use it.

I also do hate it when people think anything that plays music is an iPod. It pisses me off.

[Image: 2uthqip.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2008, 01:22 PM by Darklink.)
zaneyard

09-07-2008, 04:35 PM

(09-07-2008, 01:21 PM)Darklink link Wrote: I also do hate it when people think anything that plays music is an iPod. It pisses me off.
that is why i dont like the ipod

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE