Hello There, Guest! Register

2 dogs chased me today.
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

10-23-2008, 10:43 PM

Not fun.
If this is the time I think it was, we were driving down a street in the evening (it was dark) and some jackass pulls right out in front of us, trying to cross three lanes of traffic doing at LEAST 60.... he stops directly in front of us and the ONLY reason we managed to not get hit was because HeK's car managed to sort of... drift around him. I'm not even sure how we didn't hit that guy, but I saw his face and I'm sure he still remembers mine.

That accident would have killed me for sure (as I would have been smushed against the driver's side front corner of that SUV). HeK would have been seriously injured and the other guy probably too.

I fucking HATE driving in this city in the winter, I HATE other idiots on the road who fucking cause shit like that... I take the bus or just stay home.
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

10-23-2008, 11:15 PM

(10-23-2008, 10:43 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Not fun.
If this is the time I think it was, we were driving down a street in the evening (it was dark) and some jackass pulls right out in front of us, trying to cross three lanes of traffic doing at LEAST 60.... he stops directly in front of us and the ONLY reason we managed to not get hit was because HeK's car managed to sort of... drift around him. I'm not even sure how we didn't hit that guy, but I saw his face and I'm sure he still remembers mine.

That accident would have killed me for sure (as I would have been smushed against the driver's side front corner of that SUV). HeK would have been seriously injured and the other guy probably too.

I fucking HATE driving in this city in the winter, I HATE other idiots on the road who fucking cause shit like that... I take the bus or just stay home.
Or you can bike and get the chance to be chased by dogs. :3
cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

10-23-2008, 11:45 PM

(10-21-2008, 01:23 AM)Honest link Wrote: I once went on an 8 hour road trip to and from Rhode Island with Blues behind the wheel.

Near deaths include (But are not limited to)
Being sideways on I-95 at 80 or so MPH
Nearly hitting the back of 2 buses, a dump truck, and several cars
Driving across a dirt median once we realized we took the wrong exit

I95 woot! The sole landmark in the dinky little stopover of 20,000 known as Lumberton, NC.

(10-23-2008, 10:43 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: I fucking HATE driving in this city in the winter, I HATE other idiots on the road who fucking cause shit like that... I take the bus or just stay home.

[Image: Utah%20bus%20crash.jpg]
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

10-24-2008, 12:25 AM

Well if we are sharing near death experience stories...

My friends and I were all standing around going over some of the "impossible feats" involving food.  Such as you can't eat 4 pieces of bread in a minute without water, you can't swallow a tablespoon of cinnamon, and so forth.

So I decided to prove that the tablespoon of cinnamon challenge was wrong.  So with tablespoon in hand I toss the cinnamon to the back of my throat and just swallow it.  All is good.

Then out of nowhere a puff of cinnamon powder just from my throat and I just start gasping for air.  Obviously it dawned on me that this challenge was impossible due to the fact that the cinnamon is so fine that it dries up your throat in an instant.  As my friends are laughing at me as I am coughing and gasping for air on the floor of my friends garage.  Finally my brother gets enough sense to grab a bottle of water and hands it to me. 

After I finally slug some water I begin to throw up cinnamon flavored vomit for a good 5 minutes.

There have been more near death experiences but this one was the most humorous?
Squishy3
Closet Furry

10-24-2008, 12:29 AM

ITT we turn this into a food challenges thread.

eat 10 saltines without water and no stopping. I dare you.

cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

10-24-2008, 01:32 AM

I'm going to get in my NDE before the challenges start. I just finished writing a paper, so sorry if it gets a bit prosaic.

My friend Ben owned a modest pond, about the size of a football field, just on the edge of town, as well as the land surrounding it and a barn and trailer annexed to it later on. He also owned a four-wheeler (an ATV to those of you up north). My friend Cole and I decided that the best way to spend a Sunday afternoon was to drive around this pond at ridiculous speeds to try to see who could complete a lap of it the fastest.

The trail we were riding on was packed with sharp turns, potholes, and patches of undergrowth, and on the east side of the pond it was cut down to 2-1/2 feet of dirt, bordered on the right by a sewage-canal-turned-runoff-ditch, and on the left by the pond (I'll mention it was well over 20 feet deep), with steep banks on either side that pretty much disappeared into their respective bodies of water in less than a foot.

Cole had the upper hand with a time of two-something-minutes for about a mile of trail, and I thought the best way to beat him was to take the most dangerous turn, the one from the south side to the east side, at a speed that would shame Mario Andretti. It was a bad idea. Halfway through the turn, the four-wheeler listed onto its left two wheels and I lost my balance. I decided at that point that I had two choice: keep making the turn and get crushed under the 400-lb. buggy, or turn in the opposite direction to compensate. Valuing my ability to walk pretty highly, I decided to compensate, and slammed into a thicket of skinny trees that ran down the embankment to the (sewage) canal. The four-wheeler landed on top of me, and a snatch of trees on top of it.

Completely pinned, I was pretty much about to pass out when I pulled my leg from underneath and swam away. It was like the Incredible Hulk or something. I was shocked. Anyways, my friend David comes running down the trail when he hears me screaming, sees me covered in mud from a quarter-mile away, and mistakes it for blood, and eager to help me calm down, he ends up accidentally knocking me out with a first aid kit.
K2
BRB, Posting

10-24-2008, 08:25 PM

(10-24-2008, 01:32 AM)peaches link Wrote: Anyways, my friend David comes running down the trail when he hears me screaming, sees me covered in mud from a quarter-mile away, and mistakes it for blood, and eager to help me calm down, he ends up accidentally knocking me out with a first aid kit.

[Image: Sebben.jpg]

Ha ha! Irony.