Hello There, Guest! Register

How to play Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

11-26-2008, 08:55 PM

Seriously, how do you do it?

Since I've long grown out of my youthful days of button mashing, I decided to finally learn how to play Street Fighter properly once this remix and IV rolled around. Unfortunately it hasn't been working it out to well XD I tried Vega first, since he's my favorite character-wise, but fond my self utterly bamboozled by the concept of "charging" which is strange, since I can do them perfectly well in Smash Bros and Soul Caliber. After several failed attempts with other charge charecters, I tried to go for the basics, and learn Ryu. I was able to pull of some Hadouken's, although never a Shoryuken. Once I got to arcade mode (on easy of course) though, I fell apart completely and was unable to pull anything off. Any tips about what I could possibly be doing wrong? I never was particularly good at the game, but I used to at least be able to spam Hadoukens on my SNES. Now I'm lucky to be able to get one off in a match Sad

Apart from that though, the game is amazing, with both beautiful visuals and music. First time I heard Ken's theme redone = Big Grin

[edit]Just for info's sake, I'm playing it on the PS3, so I can't even blame it on the dpad Wink[/edit]

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2008, 08:59 PM by Scary Womanizing Pig Mask.)
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

11-26-2008, 08:58 PM

i want thi game :>

ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

11-26-2008, 09:06 PM

I'd say that you'd need a Hori fighting stick, or something similar. The 360 gamepad just isn't suited to the game at all, could barely pull off any moves with either the stick or the dpad.

It is an amazing game though, and if I had a better controller I'd definitely pick it up.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Fierce Pork Trooper

11-26-2008, 09:08 PM

(11-26-2008, 09:06 PM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: I'd say that you'd need a Hori fighting stick, or something similar. The 360 gamepad just isn't suited to the game at all, could barely pull off any moves with either the stick or the dpad.

It is an amazing game though, and if I had a better controller I'd definitely pick it up.

Probably would be a good investment now that I have two games to use it with.

As for the 360 controller, I'm playing the PS3 version, so I can only imagine how much worse I would be on that one XP

Squishy3
Closet Furry

11-26-2008, 09:44 PM

charge characters work nothing like smash bros., that's a fail comparison. soul calibur is a better comparison, but it's not as tight as SF. Just keep on messing around with it in training mode until you master the actual technique of sliding from down to up without hitting any other direction or left to right without doing so, and then hop online so you can get used to timings and  find some combos out and everything.

SF is really like chess, there's a counter for everything, with later SF installments it got more lenient for timings and everything, SF2 is the least complex one to start off with IMO

Fierce Pork Trooper

11-26-2008, 09:47 PM

(11-26-2008, 09:44 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: charge characters work nothing like smash bros., that's a fail comparison. soul calibur is a better comparison, but it's not as tight as SF. Just keep on messing around with it in training mode until you master the actual technique of sliding from down to up without hitting any other direction or left to right without doing so, and then hop online so you can get used to timings and  find some combos out and everything.

SF is really like chess, there's a counter for everything, with later SF installments it got more lenient for timings and everything, SF2 is the least complex one to start off with IMO

I take it then that I'm gonna have to focus efforts on mastering one character at a time, instead of flipping between them?

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

11-26-2008, 09:53 PM

I want SFIII: Third Strike HD Remix Sad

also: ps3, fail, etc.

cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

11-26-2008, 09:58 PM

I'd love to get it, but it's 15 dollars and I'm not sure how much I'd play it considering I nearly killed my SNES cart when I was a kid..I still have it tho.

Squishy3
Closet Furry

11-26-2008, 10:01 PM

(11-26-2008, 09:47 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: [quote author=Squishy3 link=topic=1855.msg51627#msg51627 date=1227753878]
charge characters work nothing like smash bros., that's a fail comparison. soul calibur is a better comparison, but it's not as tight as SF. Just keep on messing around with it in training mode until you master the actual technique of sliding from down to up without hitting any other direction or left to right without doing so, and then hop online so you can get used to timings and  find some combos out and everything.

I take it then that I'm gonna have to focus efforts on mastering one character at a time, instead of flipping between them?
[/quote]it really depends, if you master charge moves then you're good at performing the input commands for each character that uses charge moves, or shitouken fighters like ryu, ken, sagat and fei long, just each one has obviously has different moves or are slower, etc. charge move characters are chun-li, balrog, vega, etc. Find a character you like and stick with it.

also versus, SFIII is a stinking pile of horseshit as far as gameplay elements go, so much BS happens that it's not funny, now I do want the characters from it in other games. or they completely change the gameplay  problems if they do re release it in HD

Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

11-26-2008, 10:22 PM

Pick Chun-Li, she's fast, easy to chain and cheap :3

My Personal favorite is Bison, i'm really good at charging stuff, i hope he still have his R (charged) L R L R  + K special :3

My Other choices: Balrog (boxer), Guile

Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

11-26-2008, 10:41 PM

Street Fighter has evolved so much I had a hard time re-learning how Street Fighter 2 Turbo worked. 

I used to be a god at this game.  When I was about 11 or 12 I managed to beat the game on 8 star without losing a single round.  Then I just carried on what I knew from SF2 onto the other Street Fighter games and my style just evolved from there.  Unfortunately as the years went on I got too busy and didn't have any good local competition so my skills deteriorated a bit.

In all seriousness, if there is one game I could actually have became a professional video game player with it would have been any of the Street Fighter games.
Fierce Pork Trooper

11-26-2008, 11:11 PM

(11-26-2008, 10:01 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: [quote author=Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link=topic=1855.msg51630#msg51630 date=1227754060]
[quote author=Squishy3 link=topic=1855.msg51627#msg51627 date=1227753878]

[/quote]it really depends, if you master charge moves then you're good at performing the input commands for each character that uses charge moves, or shitouken fighters like ryu, ken, sagat and fei long, just each one has obviously has different moves or are slower, etc. charge move characters are chun-li, balrog, vega, etc. Find a character you like and stick with it.

[/quote]

K. I'll just mess around with them all and see which one clicks. My problem though is that I can't really input any of the commands with regularity. Is there a trick to it or do I just need to practice?

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2008, 11:18 PM by Scary Womanizing Pig Mask.)
HuckBerryGee
Lurker

11-26-2008, 11:41 PM

i'd get, it, if only psn accepted my mastercard, what a picky bitch.

still charges me 1$ on my account though how the fuck do you explain that? infos don't work but you still fuckin bill me.

[Image: sanitymaskswirl1.gif]
Versus

11-27-2008, 12:01 AM

(11-26-2008, 10:01 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: [quote author=Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link=topic=1855.msg51630#msg51630 date=1227754060]
[quote author=Squishy3 link=topic=1855.msg51627#msg51627 date=1227753878]

also versus, SFIII is a stinking pile of horseshit as far as gameplay elements go, so much BS happens that it's not funny, now I do want the characters from it in other games. or they completely change the gameplay  problems if they do re release it in HD
[/quote]

someone doesn't like parrying Tongue

Squishy3
Closet Furry

11-27-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:K. I'll just mess around with them all and see which one clicks. My problem though is that I can't really input any of the commands with regularity. Is there a trick to it or do I just need to practice?
Just practice. Just takes time to get used to it.

Versus, I have no problem with parrying. :p If I cross somebody up, get right up their character's ass and launch a super combo up their butt and the second hit knocks them away so the combo is useless 60% of the time, there's a huge problem. and that's just the beginning of it.

Versus

11-27-2008, 12:10 AM

well, yeah, that is kind of a problem.

Squishy3
Closet Furry

11-27-2008, 12:48 AM

and like I said, that's not even the start of my problems with it :p

x
BRB, Posting

11-27-2008, 04:00 AM

(11-26-2008, 09:53 PM)Versus-p- link Wrote: also: ps3, fail, etc.

What?
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

11-27-2008, 09:31 AM

(11-26-2008, 09:08 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: [quote author=ScottyGrayskull link=topic=1855.msg51623#msg51623 date=1227751571]
I'd say that you'd need a Hori fighting stick, or something similar. The 360 gamepad just isn't suited to the game at all, could barely pull off any moves with either the stick or the dpad.

Probably would be a good investment now that I have two games to use it with.

As for the 360 controller, I'm playing the PS3 version, so I can only imagine how much worse I would be on that one XP
[/quote]

Ug, it's a nightmare...

I'm tempted to get the Hori EX2 fighting stick then buy the game. It's another controller that I don't really need, but I would use it for games like N+, Ikaruga and TMNT Arcade as well. We'll see...

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Fierce Pork Trooper

11-27-2008, 09:37 AM

(11-27-2008, 12:08 AM)Squishy3 link Wrote:
Quote:K. I'll just mess around with them all and see which one clicks. My problem though is that I can't really input any of the commands with regularity. Is there a trick to it or do I just need to practice?
Just practice. Just takes time to get used to it.

Thanks. I've been working at it in training mode and I seem to be improving Smile Still can't quite master charging, but I'm getting rather decent with Akuma!

[update]I beat arcade mode on easy as Akuma Big Grin This guide helped a lot as well.[/update]

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2008, 01:03 PM by Scary Womanizing Pig Mask.)