Hello There, Guest! Register

sv_pure 0
Master Shake
Lurker

07-21-2008, 05:05 PM

Don't get all pised at me, caff and kor, ain said to post the screenshot I took.  The settings changed when we went to chaos, but on dustbowl it was sv_pure 0.  www.ctclollipop.com/cp_dustbowl0211.tga  [Image: cp_dustbowl0211.jpg]
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-21-2008, 05:29 PM

This is very weird....

This is in my whitelist:

Code:
        models\...                      from_steam
        models\player\...                       from_steam
        materials\models\player\...     from_steam

And this is from my config:

Code:
sv_pure "1"

As far as I know this should stop custom models, or hell any kind of models for that matter...

Dustbowl was the first map we played after the server restart so maybe it has something to do with that... or maybe it has something to do with you being temporary offline from steam when the models loaded....

Anyways, thanks for the screenie and sorry for going off like that.

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

07-21-2008, 05:35 PM

Well its more of, I can check the cvar, it returns 0, therefore its a bug, not that the server is set to 0

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Master Shake
Lurker

07-21-2008, 05:53 PM

And also, http://www.virginiatf2.com/forum/viewtop...f=18&t=265.  "Weapon skins and wall material skins fall under the same category, if you enable weapon skins (sv_pure 0) then you allow people to make transparent walls.  Player model skins aren't a problem though, sure you can make a player transparent but there is no real advantage to disabling player skins, the worst someone could do is make all players solid colors making it easy to identify form a distance, but if you want them disabled as well then set the command to sv_pure 2. So basically the way they have the server setup is ideal for blocking wall cheats and I'm glad that this server values less cheating over pretty looking skins."
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-21-2008, 05:56 PM

(07-21-2008, 05:53 PM)J-Master link Wrote: And also, http://www.virginiatf2.com/forum/viewtop...f=18&t=265.  "Weapon skins and wall material skins fall under the same category, if you enable weapon skins (sv_pure 0) then you allow people to make transparent walls.  Player model skins aren't a problem though, sure you can make a player transparent but there is no real advantage to disabling player skins, the worst someone could do is make all players solid colors making it easy to identify form a distance, but if you want them disabled as well then set the command to sv_pure 2. So basically the way they have the server setup is ideal for blocking wall cheats and I'm glad that this server values less cheating over pretty looking skins."

Well the problem with sv_pure 2 is that it also disables sprays... And that's not something I want, I put skins in the from_steam category to block the models wall hack, the thing that confuses me is that that model should never have been viewable with the current server settings... That worries me...

Master Shake
Lurker

07-21-2008, 06:48 PM

Good thing im not a wall hacker Smile
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-22-2008, 02:59 AM

(07-21-2008, 06:48 PM)J-Master link Wrote: Good thing im not a wall hacker Smile

Well, from your report it only worked on cp_dustbowl and when the map changed the models where normal again... So as far as I can see this was only a temporary problem... I did restart the server and dustbowl was the first map afterwards so this might have something to do with that.

And indeed, thanks for making the screenie and notifying me of this, I'm going to install some custom models so I can see when this pops up again...

copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

07-22-2008, 08:08 AM

This always happens on a server restart. Whenever ANY server restarts I can always see my custom Meatwad Bonesaw. Sv_pure doesn't seem to kick in until after a map-change as far as I can tell. That's why I always try to remember to changelevel after I restart the server.

edit:

To ammend what I said a little bit:

There's several things that don't seem to kick in until a map-change. SourceTV is another one, and tournament mode as well.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2008, 10:57 AM by copulatingduck.)
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-22-2008, 10:55 AM

(07-22-2008, 08:08 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: This always happens on a server restart. Whenever ANY server restarts I can always see my custom Meatwad Bonesaw. Sv_pure doesn't seem to kick in until after a map-change as far as I can tell. That's why I always try to remember to changelevel after I restart the server.

Ah didn't know that, thanks for the info my Waterfowl friend!