Hello There, Guest! Register

BRBMGTSFAD '08 aka Get a Backburner or lose.
rumsfald

07-22-2008, 03:16 PM

In a matter of sheer coincidence, guess what I unlocked today?

Who would have know how fun it could be to flank and take out a level 2 sentry or wipe out heavy+medic quicker than a spy could?
Budr

07-22-2008, 03:36 PM

(07-22-2008, 02:54 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Ain, did you ever consider for a moment, that maybe the soldier is supposed to counter the pyro, sort of like how the pyro counters the spy, the medic counters engineers, and the sniper counters heavies.

Quote for emphasis, this is an oft-overlooked point.
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

07-22-2008, 09:47 PM

(07-22-2008, 02:42 PM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: Actually, for a while after the pyro updates, you could kill spectators.

Proof

... That is fucking awesome. ^_^

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

07-22-2008, 09:54 PM

(07-22-2008, 02:06 PM)ainmosni link Wrote: I've played pyro a lot before and after the update and I would say I'm pretty good at it... The problem before the update was that you where soldier fodder, every fucking time. You burnt soldier, soldier killed you and to add insult to injury, killed himself so you didn't even get a point for it... Now with the airblast you can deflect rockets and other projectiles and push people away. But with the backburner you still have to get up close and personal and gives you that risk of being suicide bombed by a soldier again. The extra health at least gives you a chance to stay alive there.

A mistake on Valve's part, if that is the case. Assuming this, they should have just added extra survivability to rockets and splash damage. Like a Kevlar suit or something.