Hello There, Guest! Register

Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Squishy3
Closet Furry

01-08-2009, 03:03 AM

also scotty problem is that stick doesn't look too different compared to the Hori EX2, and the Hori is $20 cheaper.

ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

01-08-2009, 08:56 AM

(01-08-2009, 03:03 AM)Squishy3 link Wrote: also scotty problem is that stick doesn't look too different compared to the Hori EX2, and the Hori is $20 cheaper.

The only thing I don't like about the 6-button Hori (and this is a deal breaker for me) is the way the buttons are laid out. Not the physical layout, but which button is where. I mean, the top row is b, x, y, and the bottom is a, l1, r1. Why couldn't it use a xy/ab layout like every other fighting stick (including the pricier 8-button hori) is beyond me. :-\

I know I can mod it, but I'm pretty sure that process will be more than make up the price difference in hassle.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Squishy3
Closet Furry

01-08-2009, 02:18 PM

(01-08-2009, 08:56 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=Squishy3 link=topic=2002.msg60661#msg60661 date=1231401817]
also scotty problem is that stick doesn't look too different compared to the Hori EX2, and the Hori is $20 cheaper.

The only thing I don't like about the 6-button Hori (and this is a deal breaker for me) is the way the buttons are laid out. Not the physical layout, but which button is where. I mean, the top row is b, x, y, and the bottom is a, l1, r1. Why couldn't it use a xy/ab layout like every other fighting stick (including the pricier 8-button hori) is beyond me. :-\

I know I can mod it, but I'm pretty sure that process will be more than make up the price difference in hassle.
[/quote]Well, the thing is scotty, wth HD remix you just press which button for each punch/kick. Mine is set up with all the punches being across the top and kicks on the bottom. It works better than it sounds, you just need to get used to it. I mean, obviously I haven't used the madcatz joystick, I'm just going by the picture and it looks like the Hori one is better made than that.

ScottyGrayskull

01-09-2009, 11:45 AM

(01-08-2009, 02:18 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: Well, the thing is scotty, wth HD remix you just press which button for each punch/kick. Mine is set up with all the punches being across the top and kicks on the bottom. It works better than it sounds, you just need to get used to it. I mean, obviously I haven't used the madcatz joystick, I'm just going by the picture and it looks like the Hori one is better made than that.

Right, but then I'd have to reconfigure the controls for every game I use it for, which'd be a royal pain.

So after looking into it more any retailer that'd let me pre-order it either won't ship to Canada or will rape me on shipping. So I may just bite the bullet and get the $130 8-button Hori Pro-EX. However, before I decide on that I'm going to look at some links someone sent me about building your own stick out of a wired controller. Smile

Squishy3
Closet Furry

01-21-2009, 01:05 AM

Scotty, you might want to try this, they ship to Canada, but it's expensive. :<

ScottyGrayskull

01-21-2009, 10:41 AM

(01-21-2009, 01:05 AM)Squishy3 link Wrote: Scotty, you might want to try this, they ship to Canada, but it's expensive. :<

Yeah, seems like it. What's really bugging me though is that Gamestop stores in the US are apparently taking pre-orders for these, but EB Games stores in Canada (who are owned by Gamestop) can't even tell me if they're going to get any or not. I'll probably just keep checking locally and hope they get one. :S