Hello There, Guest! Register

Planetside Saturdays - Approaching Platoon Size
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

01-05-2009, 11:51 PM

Hate to say it, and Caff will probably back me up, but the VS CR5s aren't nearly as bad as you'd think, on the whole. We've had a pop disadvantage basically since the game started, and there are a lot of really bright guys in the ranks.

Also, its more important to some people to kill _something_ rather than coordinate in a (sometimes boring) fashion to actually win. Which sucks, but its a major deciding factor in each of the three empires

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

01-05-2009, 11:57 PM

(01-05-2009, 11:51 PM)at0m link Wrote: Hate to say it, and Caff will probably back me up, but the VS CR5s aren't nearly as bad as you'd think, on the whole. We've had a pop disadvantage basically since the game started, and there are a lot of really bright guys in the ranks.

Also, its more important to some people to kill _something_ rather than coordinate in a (sometimes boring) fashion to actually win. Which sucks, but its a major deciding factor in each of the three empires

VS, planetside's whipping boys

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Squishy3
Closet Furry

01-06-2009, 01:24 AM

update, ign isn't squishy5, it's Squishy6, some dick took Squishy and Squishy1-5 :<

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

01-06-2009, 06:33 PM

Fine, then we should just ignore it when they do that and keep fighting the battles we were fighting and kill people and take the planet we were on.  It's seriously retarded to keep playing into that.  I mean they actually resecured Dagda once, and less then an hour later NC had finished a hack there anyways.  If the NC really want to be lame and take an empty continent, then let them, but don't split the already small Vanu pop and end up losing BOTH the planets they're fighting on.  There's a reason Vanu is almost cont locked every other day.

And they certainly can't command at a local level, because I saw a small group of about 8 NC holed up in a tech plant gen room and they held off 20 Vanu for half an hour in there.  I'd run in with a MAX, draw half their fire, kill an enemy MAX, and NOBODY else would try to go in after me.  It was embarrassing , they were resing MAX units that were dead in the entryway of the place and getting away with it.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

01-06-2009, 07:24 PM

(01-06-2009, 06:33 PM)Wedge link Wrote: Fine, then we should just ignore it when they do that and keep fighting the battles we were fighting and kill people and take the planet we were on.  It's seriously retarded to keep playing into that.  I mean they actually resecured Dagda once, and less then an hour later NC had finished a hack there anyways.  If the NC really want to be lame and take an empty continent, then let them, but don't split the already small Vanu pop and end up losing BOTH the planets they're fighting on.  There's a reason Vanu is almost cont locked every other day.

And they certainly can't command at a local level, because I saw a small group of about 8 NC holed up in a tech plant gen room and they held off 20 Vanu for half an hour in there.  I'd run in with a MAX, draw half their fire, kill an enemy MAX, and NOBODY else would try to go in after me.  It was embarrassing , they were resing MAX units that were dead in the entryway of the place and getting away with it.

When we actually all play together shit like this doesn't go down.

Also I'm fairly certain the 20 of us could take down something like dagda easily, shadow and I were running router pads into an interlink one night, we got no less than 5 pads in, the problem was not enough vanu come through to hold the place down. Combine the pad with enough of us working together and you take the gens, sit in it with 20 people and win.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
rumsfald

01-06-2009, 07:39 PM

Regardless of whether our side is taking ground, I just GET the most fun running together in a column and surviving together. Gaining ground is just bonus.
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

01-06-2009, 07:41 PM

(01-06-2009, 07:39 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: Regardless of whether our side is taking ground, I just the most fun running together in a column and surviving together. Gaining ground is just bonus.

Yeah that's my point, I don't wanna spend a bunch of time taking back bases and crap, I wanna roll out in the fields and fuck up someone's army.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

01-06-2009, 11:15 PM

If I have enough fun with this in the upcoming PS Saturday I think I'll pick up a copy (you get a free month with it I thought?)