Hello There, Guest! Register

Hurray for the Local Game Shops
shoopfox
BRB, Posting

01-19-2009, 02:25 PM

(01-18-2009, 09:59 PM)Wedge link Wrote: I have CD Games Exchange out here, which is a local "chain" of stores that do well, I'm sure you can guess.  No idea what their trade-in policies are, and their used prices seem to be somewhat random, but the nice thing is the more they have of a game, they'll sell extra copies at progressively cheaper prices.

I used to sell games and CDs and shit there. They give you a pretty decent amount of cash. Or at least they did 4 years ago.
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

01-19-2009, 02:51 PM

Oh, that reminds me. Aside from the big stores all we really have for games is one pawn shop and the flea market. The pawn shop is usually decent for pricing and goes back to NES, but the quality of the games/cases/etc can vary wildly. The flea market is pretty good for older stuff right back to Atari sometimes, but you'll generally pay more... especially for newer games (usually more than EB sadly :S).

One thing that sucks about both places is what they give you for new stuff. They have access to what EB will offer for a game, and give you slightly better than that. They also do that crap where they'll only give credit for tradeins. The pawn shop will give cash, but it's 75% of what they'd give credit for.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER