Hello There, Guest! Register

10 Things You Don't Know About... BRB'U edition
Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

02-01-2009, 06:20 PM

As this phenomenon takes over the Dtoid cblogs, I thought it might be fun to bring it over here, and learn more fun facts about BRBUers.

I'll start (blatantly stolen from my cblog Wink)

10. The origins of my name
It's a wacky name I know, but it's not completely random. In the original pre-patch translation faq for Mother 3, the character of the Fierce Pork Trooper, was given the name of the Scary Womanizing Pig Mask. Instantly enamored with the character upon meeting him ("I smell dog and underaged kid" is still the best first line of any character.) When it came time to choose my moniker on Destructoid, he was the first idea to come to mind, so I rolled with it. As to why my namesake now known as the FPT, I can only assume it was either a better, yet less awesome Wink, translation, or SWPM just plain wouldn't fit. Either, he still the freighting misogynist to me.

[Image: SWPM.png]

9. I've touched OJ Simpson
I'd like to say I recognized him, and was just super ballsy, but in reality I didn't realize who I was till about halfway into his conversation, otherwise I would have just run arms falling in the other direction at first site.

[Image: 929-0.jpg]

8. I made a Colette von Karma portrait, for the Nintendo office
(to compliment Chad's Vigo painting. I made this back when Wii Ware first came out, and showed it to her, but for some reason never bothered to share it with any one else until it's not so glorious unveiling now.

[Image: ColletevonKarma.png]

7. When I was seven I convinced myself burglars were trying to break into my house, and set up Home Alone esque traps
Except mine weren't as clever (a concealed hanging baseball bat, and an upturned couch/trip wire combo were the pinnacle of my rig) and only provoked the ire of my parents, instead of cleverly injuring Joe Peci.

6. I sort of like Mother 3
I'll take it or leave it though.

5. I was disappointed by Daniel Radcliffe's penis
But he's still pretty damn good looking.

[Image: Daniel-Radcliffe-harry-potter-premiere.jpg]

4. The majority of my iPod is video game music
My music can roughly be broken down like this 65% video game music, 50% Broadway showtunes and 40% everything else. (yes, my library's capacity is over 100%) Of particular love is the soundtrack for the Ace Attorney games, with this song being the pinnacle of all auditory experiences (apart from Topher imitating Nick Chester.)

3. I'm a musical fanatic
Everything about them is win. Favorites: Hedwig, The Producers, Little Shop of Horrors, Les Mes and my #1: Legally Blonde the Musical

[Image: Review2.png]

2. BRB'U means a hell of a lot to me
I'd never have gotten into online gaming period if it wasn't for Caff and Ain urging my to join and play with you guys. This community has been amazing, and made for some great summer gaming and memories. Everyone's been so friendly and supportive, teaching me how to play and reading my shitty cblogs, and I don't know how I'll ever be able to express my <3 for you all :3

1. Arrested Development is the best thing
This isn't something about me, but an absolute fact of life.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2009, 06:30 PM by Scary Womanizing Pig Mask.)
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

02-01-2009, 06:52 PM

Oh god, I don't know if I know ten things about me that others don't....

10. I hate chocolate milk. I really do; I love chocolate but I just can't fucking stand chocolate milk, or even hot chocolate for that matter.

9. I once thought I had GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) and was taking meds for it, when it turned out I was just extremely bored with my life.

8. I graduated from some highschool in the middle of nowhere with Distinction; I am probably still stupid, but I managed to fake them all out.

7. I used to have a drug addict for a roomate. I knew he was into some stuff when he moved in but I needed someone to live with because my previous renter had left me high and dry, so... I let him move in 'cause he was a friend of a friend. I had a knife under my pillow on the first few nights.

6. I used to be a complete bastard; I used to jam donut holes under the door handles of another roomie's car at night and then, when we both would "discover" it in the morning, I would pretend I had no idea how it happened because I hated her.

5. I've represented myself in court (not really a biggie, but hey) and various other city councils for various reasons.

4. I've been in about three car accidents. One of them wrote off my car and I couldn't really move for two days.

3. I've recently discovered that I actually DO have central heterochromia; my parents were in this weekend and I checked out THEIR eyes, and it turns out my mom has had it all of her life very obviously. I always knew her eyes were strange but couldn't remember why, and now I know! My sister has it too, but both of them are much more pronounced than my own pale color.

2. I've been in wedding parties twice as a bride's maid (wore the same dress both times)

1. I'm six feet tall? I dunno.
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

02-01-2009, 07:09 PM

10) i have drank 6 pints of milk for a bet before being sick... everywhere.

9) my middle names are Liam Jack Dennys Bradwell

8) I was scouted to play professional football (soccer) by two differnt english football cocacola league 1 teams, which i gave up for vidja games

7) I plan to get 'Don't Panic' tatooed on my wrist

6) I lost half a tooth in a fight with the 'school bully' because i saw power rangers on tv and they told me to stand up to bullies. i got twatted.

5) I have homer simpson slippers

4) i failed Art PE and IT courses at school for not doing any of the coursework

3) i worked in a bar for a year when i dropped out of college

2) I have size 11 feet. (UK sizes)

1) I can legaly teach people how to: Kayak, Snowboard and teach JuJitsu but i wont teach anyone shit cause i hate explaining things.

BONUS: Im scared of silence.

Fierce Pork Trooper

02-01-2009, 07:12 PM

Awesome guys Smile I'm with you on #10 Luin, with Chocolate Ice Cream added as well.

Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

02-01-2009, 07:31 PM

10 Things you don't know about Vongore

1. Vongore still watches more cartoons that movies

If there was a meter on my TV it would say:
Cartoon Network: 90%
Nickelodeon: 5%
FOX: 2%
HBO (or any other movie channel): 3%
It's true, i love cartoons, even if everyone says that new cartoons are even more boring that the ones we used to watch, i must disagree, how can you compare Camp Lazlo to Cow and Chicken. Ben 10 to Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys. Hell, even Avatar: TLAB is better than Captain Planet. I must agree that old cartoons like Dexter's Lab (even though the last episodes were way better than the first ones) Johnny Bravo (see Dexter's), Courage the cowardly dog and Ed, Edd and Eddy are good cartoons, but now we have Flapjack, Chowder, Invader Zim (old and cancelled, but genious as well)all of these cartoons have such sense of humor that even if the puns are old, or sometimes  just boring, they always have some hidden jokes that makes me laugh (not the "look spongebob is so gay" kind of, but the "Chowder go play with yourself while i finish this" kind)

[Image: Flapjack_K%27nuckles.jpg] YES

2.- Vongore is a criminal

When he was twelve, he stole some gummybears from a Supermarket. He ate them on her parent's bathroom so nobody would notice and then he flushed the plastic. Nobody noticed, he's an evil mastermind

3. Vongore is a huge Tintin fan

For those who don't know, Tintin is a belgium comic made by Herge (although is even more famous in France) that tells the story of a young Journalist Called Tintin with his dog Milu and his friend Haddock that goes around the world on AAAADVENTUREEEE (yay Flapjack).
Most of the times the stories have some kind of Political references, like my Favorite, "Tintin and the Picaros" that shows the story of a country (obviously Cuba) that's on a constant war between the goverment and the militia, but the Militia's leader is the former president that was overrun by a coup d’état.
Tintin is awesome, i've got all comics, plus some activity books in french if you haven't read them, do it. There's also a TV series

[Image: tintin-et-milu.jpg] WIN

4. Vongore always likes to talk about himself in third person

Vongore approves this message

5. Vongore has an accent

Controversy!!!

6. Video game origins

The first game i played was Dr Mario at the age of 2 or 3, then i didn't had a console until in 1996 my parents bought me a Nintendo 64, i was dissapointed because i wanted a Super Nintendo, but then i realized i was better than all my classmates because i had Mario in 3D (But i still had this deuce cousin that was making fun of me because he got Donkey Kong 3 on that Christmas and was saying his present was better because the monkeys couldn't drown)

7. Vongore still hates that Cousin

He always try to look better, i'm older than him and when i got into college the only thing he said was "I'm going to a better college than you". When i went to Disney he was like "I went to England last year, it's way better". When we were playing Wii he was like "Than thing has a cord, my Xbox don't". One of these days i'm going to punch him on the face

8. Vongore likes Katy Perry

Not at a Radio <3s Britney, but her songs are really catchy and are still stuck on my head. Also she's hot (unlike Britney)

[Image: Katy-Perry_l.jpg]

9. Vongore has 2 copies of The Simpsons game for Xbox 360

My brother scratched the first one so my mom bought me another one for christmas

10. Name Origin (yay)

Already posted this, but meh. when first playing Diablo i needed a badass name, so i thought "Von Gore" as in Lord Gore. Then i thought it was just plain stupid and it was like a pub name such as "Dark Death Angel 1096" so i joined those 2 names and there is Vongore, now it doesn't mean a thing, but it's Chilean and awesome.

AAAAALSO:

[Image: radioud2.jpg]

LEAVE RADIO ALOOONE

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2009, 07:39 PM by Vongore.)
Fierce Pork Trooper

02-01-2009, 07:37 PM

Fuck yes! Tintin's amazing! I have all the books kept stacked up by my game stash. Best one was the the two part with The 7 Crystal Balls and Temple of the Sun.

Also, epic Radio shop Smile

Vlambo
BRB, Posting

02-01-2009, 08:43 PM

1. I live in Bumfuck, Nowhere, Canada

I used to live in a bigtime city (Toronto, Ontario), but due to some family illness, I moved to Newfoundland. Wanna know what my town is like? I get my drinking water from a well that has a "pay per use" system, my house only has one electrical socket a room, and the town only has a population of 400 (75% is over the age of 50). Oh and don't forget that to heat my house I use oil and wood.

2. I only became a serious gamer around the time I bought my 360

In the summer of 07, my Dad won the lottery. It was a fair bit of money, but it was split between 6 men. My father still got a nice chunk, and for a good report card, he bought me a 360 (or alteast as he remembers, said I could, he was drunk out of his mind). From there my rekindled love of gaming was reborn, and I joined a little community called Dtoid.

3. I'm an avid IRC user

If you could see my most used program over the past year, it would be IRC. It's pretty much on from the second I wake up in the morning till the time I head to bed. I love mah Dtoid IRC, and if you ever need me, I'm in there.

4. I'm a recent PC gamer, and I <3 it

I built my first PC in October of last year, and when I plugged it in for the first time, IT DIDNT GO BOOM! I was so happy that I built this with my own hands. It's like my first child, except I can turn it off, and it doesn't poop. I'm addicted to TF2, and play a foray of games with some Dtoiders, which I love

5. I live, breath, and eat hockey

I'm Canadian, what do you expect? I've been a hockey fan all my life, and will die one. I was born in Toronto, but loathe the Leafs. I'm a Duck Fan, tried and true, and When they one the cup in 07, it was possibly the greatest day of my life.

6. My parents are under 40, and I'm almost 18

My parents are my true heroes. They had a child in a foreign place 1000's of miles away from their home at the age of 20. What did they do? They sucked it up, and provided me with an awesome childhood. I'm now nearing my 18th birthday as they are nearing the big 4-0. They raised me as a polite mannerly young man and I can only repay them by going to university, and earning a great degree.

7. I'm becoming one of those Engine- SPY SAPPING MAH SENTRY!

I'm going to Memorial University next year, and I'm planning to become an Engineer. I was recently fascinated by the world of Engineering, and I feel it is the perfect job for me. Now electrical or computer engineering, decisions decisions.

8. I'm a Sports Encyclopedia...

Or alteast my Dad thinks I am. I'm a huge fan of sports, and love reading about them. I've basically been reading sport books since I was 3-4 years old, and I have garnered quite the sport knowledge. I know a retarded amount of sports tidbits, and can join any sport conversation with ease. Why is this good? I've won 4 NHL playoff pools. What is so special about this? Last one I entered, I was 14. Yea, pretty embarrassing for these 40+ year old men who study the sport losing to a kid who picks with his gut.

9. I'm incompetent around Women

This is probably caused by my laid back manner, and the fact I don't know what to say around them. I have a tendency to scare away women my own age with my twisted sense of humor and I'm ridiculously shy. Maybe I'll get better, but only I can make that happen.

10. I come from a really blue collar family

I'm a man of my technology. I have big expensive gadgets that makes all my families brain asplode when they try to use it. My family is full of hard workers who never had time for electronics, since they were too busy cutting wood, hunting or gone ski-dooing. I myself do all this too. Hell, I've eaten some werid meat, like moose, deer, fox, rabbit, grouse and seal. Yea.. I ate the first seal I ever shot. That makes you a man.

YUMMY COPY PASTA
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

02-01-2009, 08:45 PM

(02-01-2009, 07:37 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: Fuck yes! Tintin's amazing! I have all the books kept stacked up by my game stash. Best one was the the two part with The 7 Crystal Balls and Temple of the Sun.

Also, epic Radio shop Smile

I agree with the two statements.

10 Things you do not know about Benito MussoliniUnless you check on wikipedia.

10. My full name is Benito Amilcare Andrea Mussolini
The origins of the name "Benito" are actually mexican. Benito Juárez is who I am named after.

9. I've been arrested in Switzerland for being a hobo.

8. I've been accidentally injured, when I was a soldier, by a mortar bomb explosion.

7. No less than 4 assissination attemps on me.
Violet Gibson, Anteo Zamboni, Ginu Lucetti, and Michael Schirru all failed where my own people succeded.

6. Adolf Hitler was in my fan club.

5. I really didn't like Adolf Hitler.
Asshole killed my Austrich friend, Engelbert Dollfuss

4. I had 3 official wives, but I've had encounters with many, many more.

3. Ray Romano said my name in his show
Talking about his father being as... awesome... as me.

2. I've appeared in a comic book!
[Image: FourFavorites1101.jpg]

1. Radio's gay.

Edit: <3 Vlambo for points 5, 7, and... 9...

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2009, 11:46 PM by Benito Mussolini.)
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

02-01-2009, 11:13 PM

Ten Things you may have not realized happened to Karth...

10. I can't stand Peanut Butter and Jelly.
I really can't. As a matter of fact, I hate Peanut Butter. (But Reese's are an exception)

9. I've never been diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, or any type of attention disorder.

8. I've gotten to see three Phoenix Sun players in person at a hospital. (I have an awesome basketball to prove it.)

7. I didn't get into any music until around 7th grade.

6. I have the most awesome dog ever.
EVER.

5. I'm a >3.5 gpa student.
Always have been. Guess it's just irony?

4. I'm upset, but not mad, at the Cardinals loss at the superbowl.

Sad

3. My school was in a hostage situation once, when I was in second grade. Luckily, I didn't know what was going on.

2. I'm actually pretty emotional when it comes to plays and acting. I love to act, and I'm seriously constantly recommended to go to drama.

1. I was in Urgent Care for 4 days in 3rd Grade. I had an Asthma attack and I could've died. Still one of the scariest things that have ever happened to me.
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

02-01-2009, 11:18 PM

(02-01-2009, 11:13 PM)Ye Salty Karth link Wrote: 1. I was in Urgent Care for 4 days in 3rd Grade. I had an Asthma attack and I could've died. Still one of the scariest things that have ever happened to me.

Are you OK? You feeling better now?

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2009, 11:45 PM by Benito Mussolini.)
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

02-01-2009, 11:43 PM

(02-01-2009, 07:09 PM)Dave link Wrote: BONUS: Im scared of silence.
hey dave!

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

02-01-2009, 11:53 PM

0. I saw CGB Spender at the airport (The Smoking Man)
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

02-02-2009, 12:14 AM

0. i saw Mr Bean on England

A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

02-02-2009, 12:23 AM

hmmm, I will store this in my sack for later (sober; GO BIG BEN!) digestion.  This heterochromia thing, does it include irides that flux between hazal and brown with intermediary periods of one around the iris leading into the other?  Granted in pictures provided on the forums you might think I was actually an ebon-eyed devil.  Actually, this might have strong correlation to alcohol consumption.

Also, Von Gore was pretty good for a second language.

(02-02-2009, 12:14 AM)Vongore link Wrote: 0. i saw Mr Bean on in England

I know they're pretty much the same in spanish/portuguese, sometimes everyone needs some critiquing.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2009, 12:26 AM by A. Crow.)
ThunderStain
Lurker

02-02-2009, 02:53 AM

1. Ive seen Samuel l Jackson in person (he looks alot shiner in person)

2. I suck at school ( I believe im pretty smart but I do shit all and i don't care about passing in work)

3. I met tricoden at a failed attempt at trying to bully him. (ask tricoden about it)

4. Ive been on the front page of the town paper for makeing up a bullshit story about how i almost died becuase of a sprinkler. (ask tricoden about it)

5. My P.E teacher straight up stepped on my penis in 5th grade. (please don't ask tricoden about it)

6. I fucking love magic cards.

7. I saw an old woman get beaten up by gangsters ( I presume she is dead they gave it to her)

8. I refuse to wear a belt on any occasion.

9. My mom won a car that was worth 65 grand ( I think )

10. Ive walked out of our Rec center naked and got in a car with my mom, only to have her say nothing the entire ride home
and a sheer look of disappointment on her face.

if you want to kill yourself get a dog. it is impossible to let down a dog.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

02-02-2009, 06:07 AM

(02-01-2009, 07:31 PM)Vongore link Wrote: wall of text

many +1s just for liking TinTin. I actually have the comics right next to me  ;D

10. I fucking hate rednecks.

9. Related to 10. I work at a mom and pop game store. Redneck family comes in. First thing they say is "HEY LOOK, THEY GOT THAT THERE DUUUUH HACK GAME" Also they gave us a cockroach infestation for a good 2 years. We've finally gotten rid of them. They also said "It's okay, EVERYBODY has cockroaches."

8. I know a person who's nearly 40 and he looks like he's in his early 20's. He also has a 21 year old wife.

7. I got asked on a Facebook app if I thought Dave was gay. I said yes.

6. I'm going to be the real life Kamina someday.

5. I also plan on being the real life Ippo someday.

4. I also plan on fighting a bear and winning.

3. I like to play videogames.

2. I have a PS3 and I own the best game on that system and I barely ever play it.

1. I hate Honest because he hasn't watched Hajime no Ippo season 2.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2009, 06:17 AM by Squishy3.)
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

02-02-2009, 07:34 AM

• I might hate on the US a lot but that is mostly because I hate where it's going compared to where it came from.
  • I party 24 to 48 hours straight every so often.
  • I'm probably the brbu member that clocks in the least amount of game time.
  • All my christian names are: Daniel Charles Franciscus Paulus
  • I listen to a lot of genres of music but it's rare that I like music with singing. (That doesn't mean I can't appreciate singing)
  • I'm atheistic and want to punch creationists in the face.
  • I believe the best state system is a mix of liberalism, socialism and capitalism. With personal freedoms being the most important
  • I can't watch normal TV for longer than 4 hours because commercials annoy me to no end.
  • The current state of the video game industry saddens me and I wish people would take more risks.
  • I like to play devils advocate or take a more extreme point in a discussion just to get a more interesting discussion.
  • Even though I always complain about work on IRC, I love my job. It's mostly waking up early and the routine that I hate. The job itself is fun and I like my colleagues a lot.
  • I wish more people would come to our IRC channel!

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2009, 11:26 AM by ainmosni.)
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

02-02-2009, 07:37 AM

I just finished watching up to 4! Love me again Squish ;_; I need mah closet furry <3

Let's see, 10 things about me huh?

10. I nearly failed out of my freshman year of high school 'cause of FFXI.

Yep, I used to have extremely bad priorities, most of them involved faking sick to waste time on there. After about 35 absences I was forced by law to either go or get kicked out.

9. I'm a big fan of Trading Card Games.

Back when I was a kid I used to love stuff like Pokemon, Magic, and Yugioh. 'course up until a few months ago I was still playing UFS (Street fighter based card game) with friends because I am a huge loser.

8. I started gaming when I was 2.

Instead of buying me a swing set, my dad took the lazy approach to parenting and got me an NES. This is where everything spiraled.

7. I've beaten Super Mario Brothers 1 with the controller upside down.

When I was 5, that's how pros play.

6. I only own this computer because my parents thought I was going to college.

Haha, suckers.

5. I hated FPS till TF2.

Yep, the only FPS I ever played besides it was Goldeneye. I was big into RPGs and such.

4. I've been to Canada.

Not really exciting, but I went to visit FFXI friends in Canada last year, all while my parents thought I was 15 minutes away at a friends house. There I saw bagged milk and watched Firefly.

3. I was nearly arrested on my trip to Canada.

At the border into Canada, one of the border police brought me to the back of the train car because as he put it my copy of my birth certificate was "Not good." (I was going into Montreal, so yay french people). There some lady asked me a lot of questions and then went "Have you ever been arrested before?" I answered "No, am I being arrested now?" and she said "Yes" then went back to writing stuff down for about 2 minutes before I asked why I was being arrested and she said "Oh no...you aren't. A serial killer has your name, you're free to go." Fun times.

2. My favorite game is Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2.

I played that game for, oh god so long it hurts to think about. I even got my old nickname (Tsumakiri) from it. Of course the biggest disappointments of my life were when Episode 3 came out (The card game, oh god I cried) and then when Phantasy Star Universe came out (A half assed attempt at an MMO)

1. I didn't know homosexuals existed till I was 15.

Yes, embarrassing coming from a gay guy but a combination of my parents sheltering me, being anti-social in school, and a lack of exposure to things such as the internet kept this knowledge from me. I started playing XI when I was 15 so, you can blame internet weirdos on me being what I am today.

0. My name is just what it is. When you're honest with yourself, you'll be a lot happier.  

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Blues
BRB, Posting

02-02-2009, 07:43 AM

1. I am awesome
2. I like Mega Man
3. I like screaming shit, it makes everything more interesting, Dane Cook was on to something
4. I am also awesome
5. I quit

[Image: bluelunk.png]
FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[glow=blue,2,300]WOMBO COMBO[/glow]
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

02-02-2009, 10:24 AM

0) i nearlly got arrested in austria cause my mate tried to do a shit on a meuseum and i had to keep the security guards busy.