Hello There, Guest! Register

My Planetside Configs (with pictures!)
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

02-05-2009, 06:04 PM

I've been meaning to do this for a while. Below are the configs that I've worked out, some of them through a lot of trial and error, some of them whipped up and left alone because they were good enough for what I was wanting to do at the time.

They're grouped by character, with a list of major certs and implants for that character, and a short description / explanation will be below each.

AtomSmasher
BR 21 / CR 2
ATV
Light Scout
Anti-Vehicle
Special Assault
Advanced Medic
Combat Engineering
HSR (free, ? year vet)
REXO (free, 4+ year vet)
Elite Assault (free, 2+ & 3+ year vet)
Darklight, Surge & Enhanced Targeting
[Image: as_gunner.jpg]
Gunner. This character's bread-and-butter. REXO since all of the vehicles this char can drive besides the skeeter are open-topped. Close-range weapon is stowed, since bailing and needing AV happens a lot more often than AI. More spare engie glue than medic glue, since I'm repairing vehicles most of the time. REK for towers and doors when we dismount.

[Image: as_grunt1.jpg]
Grunt - Sweeper SA. Primarily used for Courtyard (CY) clearance. Variety of ammo types to allow me to engage any targets that may be present in the CY. Medkits for mulching, REK for doors, one spare canister of medic glue to help rez anyone after CY is clear.

[Image: as_grunt2.jpg]
Grunt - SA Lancer. Primarily used for Back Door (BD) defence, also for capping towers. Most enemies are softies, so the Thumper starts loaded with plasma and has mostly plasma ammo, but jammers as well just-in-case. Lancer for MAX units and medkits for mulching.

[Image: as_grunt3.jpg]
Grunt - Pulsar Rocklet. Medium-to-close range outdoor grunt. Rocklet is primary weapon in this case, with the pulsar there to finish off people running away. There's a crapton of rocklet ammo because spamming it is typically a good deterrent, both outdoors and in the main room spamming a rush on the front door. Three medkits for mulching and a spare of each type of glue.

[Image: as_grunt4.jpg]
Grunt - HSR Lancer . Long-range harassment grunt. The combo of HSR and Lancer annoys the fuck out of enemy BFRs and snipers. Three medkits so that I can stay alive while being actively sniped.

[Image: as_pilot1.jpg]
Pilot - Sweeper. Standard pilot config. Sweeper for area clearance after I bail, which is usually onto a roof, with a REK for doors and towers. One box of glue is left out for a jammer grenade - this is interesting since it means I have to ditch one of my pistol-slot weapons in order to equip it. Usually its the medapp that goes.

[Image: as_pilot2.jpg]
Pilot - Thumper. Enemy CE pilot config. Used when either enemy CE or MAX suits are active in the area. Jammer hand grenades swapped for more glue from the above config. The thumper is actually loaded with Jammer grenades by default in this config. Frag is used to minimize griefing and also because they do more AV damage, to kill enemy deployables and MAX units faster.

[Image: as_pilot3.jpg]
Pilot - Lancer. Used when vehicles are active in the area of action. A prime example of my 'its good enough' philosophy. There is a load of wasted space in this config because of the odd ammo box size for the Lancer, and the REK got left out to fit the Lancer into the backpack.

AtomHacker:
BR 20 / CR 2
ATV
Expert Hacking
Infiltration Suit
Combat Engineering
HSR (free, ? year vet)
REXO (free, 4 year vet)
Elite Assault (free, 2+ & 3+ year vet)
Darklight, Sensor Shield & Enhanced Targeting
[Image: ah_infil1.jpg]
Infil - AMP T-REK MED. Medium-to-close range standard Infil config. If I live for a decent amount of time I loot ACEs and pistol ammo off of corpses. If there aren't any vehicles in the area I drop the T-REK for grenades or an ACE at the first corpse I find. Medical Applicator is a lifesaver, because it means you don't have to rely on a Regen implant and can take Darklight instead.

[Image: ah_infil2.jpg]
Infil - Eraser T-REK MED. Close range standard Infil config. Used to sneak up on snipers and hunt enemy infiltrators.

[Image: ah_infil3.jpg]
Infil - Beamer T-REK MED. Medium-to-Long range standard Infil config. I snipe people with the beamer, and do the standard ditching of the T-REK if there are no vehicles or deployables present.

Note: I've got one more Infil config, which is 4 ACEs and a Medapp. It's the only one where I actually carry ACEs out into the field to harass enemy zerg without the possibility of jacking a vehicle or infecting enemy CE - usually I'll either subvert enemy CE or steal ACEs off the corpses of other cloakers. I used to carry a single ACE in each config, placed where the T-REK is, but I've found that subverting enemy CE gives better results than being able to place a single friendly one.

[Image: ah_gunner.jpg]
Gunner. This character doesn't have AV or Advanced Medic, and does have Expert Hacking, so the Medapp is swapped with the REK. A pulsar and boatload of ammo is carried instead of the Lancer, ammo and medkit on AtomSmasher's gunner config. Close range weapon is stowed since it usually only gets used when dismounting to enter a base or tower, as opposed to bailing from an almost-destroyed vehicle and engaging whatever just killed it.

[Image: ah_grunt.jpg]
Grunt - Scorp HSR. I don't have as wide a variety of grunt configs for AtomHacker due to her lack of Special Assault and Anti-Vehicle. When we're messing around sniping stuff from long range I use this config, which has a Scorpion and a bunch of ammo, along with the HSR. The Scorpion is an interesting weapon to toy with, but takes a lot of getting used to to be of much use. Three medkits to eat up the odd amount of space after taking 3 packs of Scorpion ammo. Amusingly, this is another goofy one since I've got the MedApp and BANK swapped from my normal configs, I've just been too lazy to fix it.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2009, 07:54 PM by at0m.)
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

02-05-2009, 07:40 PM

Nice....I should get around to posting some...

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
shadowcast
Alignment: Hungry

02-06-2009, 01:06 AM

Mine are very similar and more than a few cases identical (all infil depending on certs) to atoms.

Combat gunner with Pulsar(Completely interchangeable with a sweeper):
[Image: sc_combat_gunner_pulsar.png]

Alternative Lancer Gunner Load(can replace a glue for medi juice as well):
[Image: sc_alt_lancergunnerload.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2009, 05:22 PM by shadowcast.)