Hello There, Guest! Register

Autopager, an awesome firefox plugin!
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

02-09-2009, 10:22 AM

So my colleague just introduced me to autopager. This firefox plugin will autofetch next pages on many sites and display them inline. This is is perfect for those annoying sites that like to spread shit over multiple pages. It also works with this forum so you can read entire threads without having to click next all the time. Smile

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

02-09-2009, 11:30 AM

(02-09-2009, 10:22 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: So my colleague just introduced me to autopager. This firefox plugin will autofetch next pages on many sites and display them inline. This is is perfect for those annoying sites that like to spread shit over multiple pages. It also works with this forum so you can read entire threads without having to click next all the time. Smile

If this is the plugin I'm thinking of, if you get lots of people using it the plugin will chew through a site's bandwidth. I remember a discussion on reddit about the ethics of using such a plugin, esp if one is alreay on high-speed anyways, and whether the slight convenience is worth the increased load on other people's hardware.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

02-09-2009, 11:53 AM

I'm fine with hitting the next button when necessary.  It's not that slow.

ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

02-09-2009, 01:18 PM

(02-09-2009, 11:30 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: [quote author=ainmosni link=topic=2304.msg65716#msg65716 date=1234192920]
So my colleague just introduced me to autopager. This firefox plugin will autofetch next pages on many sites and display them inline. This is is perfect for those annoying sites that like to spread shit over multiple pages. It also works with this forum so you can read entire threads without having to click next all the time. Smile

If this is the plugin I'm thinking of, if you get lots of people using it the plugin will chew through a site's bandwidth. I remember a discussion on reddit about the ethics of using such a plugin, esp if one is alreay on high-speed anyways, and whether the slight convenience is worth the increased load on other people's hardware.
[/quote]

Actually, as far as I can see this plugin/extention only starts to preload the next page when you're near the end of the page. So it won't load all the pages at the same time, only while reading. Besides on the forum here, it also works on xkcd, penny-arcade, google and a lot more.

(02-09-2009, 11:53 AM)Eschatos link Wrote: I'm fine with hitting the next button when necessary.  It's not that slow.

It's more about comfort, I prefer scrolling down than having to find the link to go to the next page...

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.