Hello There, Guest! Register

the Graveyard trial
cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

03-29-2009, 01:15 PM

Anyone played this yet? The trial is free (and really close to the full version). You can get it on Steam. I played through it and wanted to know... well, if I'm missing something here. It seems a whole lot like interactive cinema, and not particularly good or deep interactive cinema, at that. I mean, it's worth a couple moments' reflection but I get the impression there's more depth to it than I'm seeing: after all, who would make a mod - all those textures, models, sound files, all that effort - for ten minutes of making some old Romanian bitch walk around a cemetery.

I'm confused. Discuss!
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

03-29-2009, 02:10 PM

I've heard really good things about the path which is another one of these arthouse movies but with more of a point.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

03-29-2009, 03:45 PM

No, you're not, it's dumb.

The Path might be more interesting, as there's a lot more there, but either way all of it is just interactive art.  I'm just annoyed they refer to themselves as a "game development studio" when they don't make games.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

03-29-2009, 10:29 PM

Played it. Hated it.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

03-30-2009, 07:36 AM

(03-29-2009, 01:15 PM)peaches link Wrote: Anyone played this yet? The trial is free (and really close to the full version). You can get it on Steam. I played through it and wanted to know... well, if I'm missing something here. It seems a whole lot like interactive cinema, and not particularly good or deep interactive cinema, at that. I mean, it's worth a couple moments' reflection but I get the impression there's more depth to it than I'm seeing: after all, who would make a mod - all those textures, models, sound files, all that effort - for ten minutes of making some old Romanian bitch walk around a cemetery.

I'm confused. Discuss!

Well, if you fork over money you gain the possibility of the old woman dieing. Maybe it's just an experiment to see how many people want to see the poor old woman die. Wink

There was a few good indie games that they highlighted not too long ago. Mightier looked fun if my printer would actually print, one called... Coil I think was pretty fun for an art game, and I think I've already talked about Retro/Grade. Smile

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER