VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

01-13-2016, 01:33 PM

Little dogs are strange.

Woo hoo ACEN here I come.
matter11
BRB, Posting

01-18-2016, 10:42 AM

Chinese Checkers is a much better game than I gave it credit for.

I hadn't played since probably early elementary school and it actually requires a large amount of planning and defense.

I recommend that you give it a try; 3 and 4 player are fun but 2 player is probably the best

[Image: SKihE.gif]
Something Swain
Lurker

01-20-2016, 02:56 PM

Oh right I'm still here. I've just been having Luca's old job and stuff.
Cool.
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

01-20-2016, 04:37 PM

Wait... you're in cbus now?

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
Something Swain
Lurker

01-20-2016, 08:05 PM

Yeah. I'm in the ol' seabus.
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

01-21-2016, 10:43 AM

I can't remember where Sogo & Luca (Used to?) work, but you work there now, is it Grandview Yard? Or a different one?

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

01-23-2016, 07:51 PM

So I've mostly been lurking here pretty hard for the past couple months. Figured I'd post an update.

Started my internship in MN. The work is awesome, Thomson Reuters is an awesome place to work for, and the pay is amazing. However, MN is just like WI in that I don't have any friends and now I don't have a car and I'm not in walking range of anything here and it's also really fucking cold so that sucks.

Back to life, etc; I can't help but feel like no matter where I move I'm going to end up alone and unhappy. I have some friends that I hang out with on teamspeak at night usually, but it's not quite the same as socializing in person anymore. I remember back in the glory days of TF2 just spending the entire day inside every day playing on the brbu server and it was awesome, but for some reason it's not good enough anymore.

Is it this hard to make friends outside of highschool for everyone? I thought college would have ended up being more socially exercising than it did, perhaps the fault in that failure was due to the age gap. It's hard to think of what I was like 8 years ago and imagine if I would have gotten along with people better.

What have you guys been playing lately? We've been playing WoW a bit along with sporadic games of Rocket League. Kinda excited for Overwatch but it wasn't quite as satisfying as TF2 for some reason. I also picked up a PS4 if anyone has GTA V or TLoU and wants to play. My PSN is Zaneyard.

Maybe I should find some new novels to escape into; I haven't read anything since I finished The Dark Tower Series and The Stand. I've been meaning to check out Nick Offerman's book.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

01-24-2016, 04:59 PM

Good to hear you're stable career-wise Zane. That's great.

Making friends outside of high school is kinda tough. I've definitely felt that here in NM. The trick I've discovered that helps is just telling yourself "staying inside isn't good enough". Sounds like saving up for a car would be a wise choice given your situation. Also would be a good idea just to find group meetings or stuff in-town. 

As far as game, I ain't got a PS4, but a couple of us have been playing GTAV on PC recently.
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

01-24-2016, 08:50 PM

(01-23-2016, 07:51 PM)zaneyard Wrote: Is it this hard to make friends outside of highschool for everyone? I thought college would have ended up being more socially exercising than it did, perhaps the fault in that failure was due to the age gap. It's hard to think of what I was like 8 years ago and imagine if I would have gotten along with people better.

[Image: i_hug_that_feel.png]

Most days when I get home from work I just want to chill on my couch, get wasted, and pass out in front of the TV. Not exactly conducive to a good social life.

zaneyard

01-24-2016, 09:58 PM

Well once my internship ends I'm probably going to be going back to school and I'll be within walking distance of town. I was trying to get away with not buying a car until I graduate. I want to save as much from the internship as possible so I can finish my schooling off without having to work during the school year.

I'm kinda disappointed though because I was hoping that living here in Eagan would have been a glimpse of living in a big city, but it's just about as big as Manitowoc but we don't even have a full walmart here. It doesn't seem like there's even a downtown or shopping sector here.

Once it gets warm again I'll probably go get the motorcycle so I can ride around and explore the city more. I think my number one priority after I graduate is getting somewhere warmer. Being able to just go for a cruise to clear my head is really important to me; I don't know any other way to meditate.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

01-25-2016, 07:44 PM

(01-24-2016, 09:58 PM)zaneyard Wrote: Well once my internship ends I'm probably going to be going back to school and I'll be within walking distance of town. I was trying to get away with not buying a car until I graduate. I want to save as much from the internship as possible so I can finish my schooling off without having to work during the school year.

I'm kinda disappointed though because I was hoping that living here in Eagan would have been a glimpse of living in a big city, but it's just about as big as Manitowoc but we don't even have a full walmart here. It doesn't seem like there's even a downtown or shopping sector here.

Once it gets warm again I'll probably go get the motorcycle so I can ride around and explore the city more. I think my number one priority after I graduate is getting somewhere warmer. Being able to just go for a cruise to clear my head is really important to me; I don't know any other way to meditate.

I have relatives in Eagan AND you are close to Rickrambo

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3295-0639
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

01-25-2016, 08:58 PM

(01-24-2016, 08:50 PM)Eschatos Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 07:51 PM)zaneyard Wrote: Is it this hard to make friends outside of highschool for everyone? I thought college would have ended up being more socially exercising than it did, perhaps the fault in that failure was due to the age gap. It's hard to think of what I was like 8 years ago and imagine if I would have gotten along with people better.

Most days when I get home from work I just want to chill on my couch, get wasted, and pass out in front of the TV. Not exactly conducive to a good social life.
I used cheat codes and let Mrs. Dtrain make friends when we moved to Omaha. Now I have a couple buddies (husbands of the girls Mrs. Dtrain met) and we drink and shoot and stuff.

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2016, 08:59 PM by Dtrain323i.)
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

01-25-2016, 11:31 PM

I uninstalled GroupMe because my phone's battery life has gone from amazing to having to recharge at noon and I want to check and see if Groupme is the culprit.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

01-26-2016, 11:51 AM

(01-25-2016, 11:31 PM)Surf314 Wrote: I uninstalled GroupMe because my phone's battery life has gone from amazing to having to recharge at noon and I want to check and see if Groupme is the culprit.

I noticed that for my phone as well, then I completely disabled notifications outside of the notification bar. No lock screen, no ambient flashes, no sounds, etc. Now the phone is doing just fine.

What'd I'd really like is for my damn auto-brightness app to stop lagging performance.
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

01-26-2016, 12:08 PM

I get notifications but they are silent, and my battery does fine.  I think my battery is a champ though because I can watch at least 2.5 hours of video before i need to really plug it in.

zaneyard

01-26-2016, 06:48 PM

(01-25-2016, 08:58 PM)Dtrain323i Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 08:50 PM)Eschatos Wrote:

I used cheat codes and let Mrs. Dtrain make friends when we moved to Omaha. Now I have a couple buddies (husbands of the girls Mrs. Dtrain met) and we drink and shoot and stuff.
can your wife make friends for me?

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

01-27-2016, 02:19 PM

Winter in the north makes it hard to make friends, because nobody is really willing to go out and do things. It's mostly just folks hanging out at their friends house and drinking in my experience. My first new friend when I moved to Boston was my roommate, because we would sit in the kitchen and drink while she made dinner.

But yeah, so far in my experience the only way you makes friends outside of high school is actually the same way you make them in high school. Either you know someone and they introduce you to someone else, or you regularly attend a hobby/event/class, strike up conversations with the people there, and then try and hang out with them in a context outside of that. The big contributing factor is that when you start working in office culture, the place you spend the majority of your time stops being a place where it's okay to make friends for some reason.

Either way, shit sucks, sorry things aren't going as well as they could for ya Zane. Hope things start to look up when spring rolls around.
zaneyard

01-27-2016, 03:19 PM

Unfortunately this is no longer the biggest issue I have. I probably can't talk much about it but I'm involved in a criminal matter and at worst my life is completely ruined and at best I have a misdemeanor on my record. The worst part is the anxiety waiting to find out what the charges are. I thought the depression and loneliness was bad, this is on another level.

I'm hoping that I'm offered a plea deal that won't end any chance I have of living a normal life.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

01-27-2016, 07:59 PM

(01-27-2016, 03:19 PM)zaneyard Wrote: Unfortunately this is no longer the biggest issue I have. I probably can't talk much about it but I'm involved in a criminal matter and at worst my life is completely ruined and at best I have a misdemeanor on my record. The worst part is the anxiety waiting to find out what the charges are. I thought the depression and loneliness was bad, this is on another level.

I'm hoping that I'm offered a plea deal that won't end any chance I have of living a normal life.

hopefully no one is hurt

zaneyard

01-27-2016, 08:08 PM

Just some feelings.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2016, 08:09 PM by zaneyard.)