07-08-2014, 10:48 PM

[Image: Vp57wqK.gif]

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

07-08-2014, 11:25 PM

(07-08-2014, 10:49 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: Paypal can go fuck itself

This is one of the reasons Virtual Currencies are so great, very easy to track confirmations of payment.

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

07-09-2014, 07:39 PM

Back from the North, shit was fun but exhausting. I need a vacation from vacations.

Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-11-2014, 07:14 PM

I think I figured out what I want to do with my life. I want to work in localization, of course, specifically video games. It'll get me into the games industry, I won't necessarily have to be a hardcore programmer, it's a form of writing without the entire start to finish creative process since you're just figuring out how best to adapt something from another language. [spoiler]And I'll be able to play games that never got localized because I'll be able to understand them. screw you sega[/spoiler] It also satisfies my desire to be fluent in another language.

rumbot
BRB, Posting

07-11-2014, 09:04 PM

[Image: tumblr_n8cdwiyqUL1s667kio1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8cdwiyqUL1s667kio2_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8cdwiyqUL1s667kio3_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8cdwiyqUL1s667kio4_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8cdwiyqUL1s667kio5_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8cdwiyqUL1s667kio6_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8cdwiyqUL1s667kio7_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8cdwiyqUL1s667kio8_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8cdwiyqUL1s667kio9_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8izn1gTxT1s667kio1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8izn1gTxT1s667kio2_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8izn1gTxT1s667kio3_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8izn1gTxT1s667kio4_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8izn1gTxT1s667kio5_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8izn1gTxT1s667kio6_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_n8izn1gTxT1s667kio7_500.png]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

07-18-2014, 11:40 AM

Judit Polgár is fucking hot.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

07-20-2014, 09:55 AM

bored? why not zmr?

[Image: 1376672793401.png]

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

07-23-2014, 06:12 AM

1964 Antique MODEM Live Demo

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
rumbot
BRB, Posting

07-25-2014, 07:21 PM

[Image: 76795_10151045048401673_732824754_n-680x541.jpg]

more here:
http://laluzdejesus.com.s183386.gridserv...y-winners/
Chooly
BRB, Posting

07-30-2014, 03:48 PM

Moving is a pain in the ass, but we got a sweet apartment, and the same awesome ISP I had back in Niagara.
Finding a job also sucks, but I was able to get a decent gig designing the logo for the eCigarette shop here.

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]
matter11
BRB, Posting

07-31-2014, 11:42 PM

>Have emergency state poop today
>Go to basement bathroom and remember to check for tp
>no tp
>gotta do it anyways, emergency
>achieve reasonable thinking after cathartic dump
>no tp, no tissues, no cardboard tp roll
>push open bathroom door and see tissue box 7 feet away
>don't want cheeks to touch before wiping
>have to get on all fours and walk the goddamn dinosaur to pick it up and get back

[Image: SKihE.gif]
rumbot
BRB, Posting

08-02-2014, 01:40 PM

[Image: tumblr_n4x9hwXDnC1s5rsdao1_400.jpg]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

08-02-2014, 08:42 PM

Yep.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Elder
BRB, Posting

08-08-2014, 02:52 PM

Then suddenly

(06-15-2014, 03:27 PM)negate link Wrote:Hah elder you would be ramming it into Dtrains ass.
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

08-11-2014, 11:20 AM

So, I tried to sign up for Amazon Payments recently. After entering in my correct information twice, they told me they couldn't verify I was a person and locked the account. I emailed them asking what I could do to reverse this and they basically told me to go fuck myself and not to contact them again. Waste of time. Anyone encounter something similar?
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

08-11-2014, 10:42 PM

So, I got a job. A massively underpaid job, but it yields experience and money, both of which I lack. Because I got to meet company lawyers on my interview, I won't go into much detail, but it's a 1hr commute each way. The real kicker? Job description in a nutshell: I make drawings/models of parts, so that I can cut parts from said drawings/models. Apparently when a local fab shop upped their rates, my company decided to start making their own parts. Only, they don't have any copies of the drawings, and don't want to ask for them back.

This was going to go into the FML thread, because the job seems so dumb: "Make drawings from parts, then make parts from drawings." But then I just realized, I now get to claim I'm a reverse-engineer. Maybe the job isn't quite so dumb after all. Current plan is to stick around for the 90-day eval period before either negotiating for not-completely-pathetic compensation, or leveraging experience in drilling to hopefully transition to a bigger company in O&G.

My workstation is still a complete turd that crashes out on anything not resembling very basic boolean geometry though, so that sucks. "Why don't you model the threads/gears/knurling?" C'est la vie

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

08-11-2014, 11:05 PM

(08-11-2014, 10:42 PM)Duck link Wrote: So, I got a job. A massively underpaid job, but it yields experience and money, both of which I lack. Because I got to meet company lawyers on my interview, I won't go into much detail, but it's a 1hr commute each way. The real kicker? Job description in a nutshell: I make drawings/models of parts, so that I can cut parts from said drawings/models. Apparently when a local fab shop upped their rates, my company decided to start making their own parts. Only, they don't have any copies of the drawings, and don't want to ask for them back.

This was going to go into the FML thread, because the job seems so dumb: "Make drawings from parts, then make parts from drawings." But then I just realized, I now get to claim I'm a reverse-engineer. Maybe the job isn't quite so dumb after all. Current plan is to stick around for the 90-day eval period before either negotiating for not-completely-pathetic compensation, or leveraging experience in drilling to hopefully transition to a bigger company in O&G.

My workstation is still a complete turd that crashes out on anything not resembling very basic boolean geometry though, so that sucks. "Why don't you model the threads/gears/knurling?" C'est la vie

First up: Holy shit it's duck
Second: My god where do you people keep resurfacing from?
Third: Basically if you become innefficient at your job you can claim it is your workstation, and even argue (pitch a fit, raise your voice do whatever), that if they want accurate 3D rendering and parts engineering then they need something newer than the year Steve Jobs was kicked out of Apple (and if they look at you confused that's when you know they're not knowledgeable enough to be telling you what to do).

copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

08-11-2014, 11:11 PM

(08-11-2014, 11:05 PM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: [quote author=Duck link=topic=2632.msg280380#msg280380 date=1407814961]
So, I got a job. A massively underpaid job, but it yields experience and money, both of which I lack. Because I got to meet company lawyers on my interview, I won't go into much detail, but it's a 1hr commute each way. The real kicker? Job description in a nutshell: I make drawings/models of parts, so that I can cut parts from said drawings/models. Apparently when a local fab shop upped their rates, my company decided to start making their own parts. Only, they don't have any copies of the drawings, and don't want to ask for them back.

Third: Basically if you become innefficient at your job you can claim it is your workstation, and even argue (pitch a fit, raise your voice do whatever), that if they want accurate 3D rendering and parts engineering then they need something newer than the year Steve Jobs was kicked out of Apple (and if they look at you confused that's when you know they're not knowledgeable enough to be telling you what to do).
[/quote]

Blame rummy for providing the impetus for my comeback. Though it probably won't be much of one, life is busy, frustrating, and busy.

As to point the third: If I felt personally vested in the company, maybe I would do that. But I am VERY green with respect to personnel, and the owner is keen on reminding everyone how much money it costs to keep his company afloat. That said, they just dumped a ton of money on a cnc plasma table, and they are counting on me to put it through it's paces, so I'll definitely bring it up after the initial 90 days..

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

08-11-2014, 11:54 PM

(08-11-2014, 11:11 PM)Duck link Wrote: [quote author=FlyingMongoose link=topic=2632.msg280381#msg280381 date=1407816311]
[quote author=Duck link=topic=2632.msg280380#msg280380 date=1407814961]

[/quote]

Blame rummy for providing the impetus for my comeback. Though it probably won't be much of one, life is busy, frustrating, and busy.

As to point the third: If I felt personally vested in the company, maybe I would do that. But I am VERY green with respect to personnel, and the owner is keen on reminding everyone how much money it costs to keep his company afloat. That said, they just dumped a ton of money on a cnc plasma table, and they are counting on me to put it through it's paces, so I'll definitely bring it up after the initial 90 days..
[/quote]

Plain and simple: It won't do shit if you can't do shit.

Didzo
Uninstalling

08-12-2014, 01:24 AM

(08-11-2014, 11:11 PM)Duck link Wrote: [quote author=FlyingMongoose link=topic=2632.msg280381#msg280381 date=1407816311]
[quote author=Duck link=topic=2632.msg280380#msg280380 date=1407814961]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You should machine me a shift knob or something.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]