Hello There, Guest! Register

Fraxy. What it is and why it's awesome.
backfire
Uninstalling

04-10-2009, 02:08 AM

You remember those old space shooter games, right? Not the 3D ones, I'm talking about the Galega but with more of a Time Pilot feel with fancy effects and whatnot.

You probably don't know what I mean. Let me just explain with pictures and movies.

[Image: fraxy2.png] [Image: fraxy.jpg]

Fraxy: A70M1C vs. Delta Cannon Cow? (New Series!)

Quote:Fraxy is an "Arena Shooter", a game where you pilot a small spacecraft with variable armament in free scrolling space, in combat against various enemies. Enemies are constructed from segmented parts, many of which serve auxiliary functions, ranging from Armor, Aiming, Movement augmentation, Self-repair, and others. Parts can be destroyed individually, while destruction of the "primary core" results in the total destruction of the enemy. "Fraxy" is a combination of two words, Fraction and Galaxy.

Of course, the main thing with this game is that you can create your own bosses with the included Fraxy Edit program. You get this collection of weapons, armors, joints, and items to create anything from an easy fighter ship to a behemoth.

The editor is actually quite easy to use. Within a couple hour of messing around, I was able to come up with a boss that splits up into seperate ships after a set amount of time. It's also easy to have multiple forms of bosses or weapons like spinning chainballs that fall off after you inflict so much damage.

Then for those who aren't afraid of writing a few lines of code, you can also create your own 'try' which is basicly a level. I've seen trys that send off one boss after another, or even a classic Galega, enemy after enemy then boss, kind of thing.

I've only played this for a few days now, but I'm hooked. I love these kinds of games and being able to make your own merciless, unstoppable killing machine is all the better.  ;D

And now for the links.

Translated Site - Link (Use the top-most version. Don't use the patch.)

Page Full of Bosses - Link

Editor Tutorial - Part 1 2 and 3

Editor Wiki - Link

Also, the files that bosses are saved in are basicly txt files. You can copy the save's text into your clipboard and launch a battle from that.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
chronomaster
BBP Gardevoir

04-10-2009, 01:38 PM

So this game is a lot like Warning Forever?

backfire
Uninstalling

04-10-2009, 02:31 PM

Kinda, but more free-moving. Also in Fraxy you have a recharging health bar that's linked to your energy. Weapons like a bullet will only drain it as fast as it recharges, but missiles will drain it completely after 4 shots leaving you without any defence.

Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

04-10-2009, 02:37 PM

go play Ikaruga, Trigger Heart Exelica or any Touhou games.

peach

Squishy3
Closet Furry

04-10-2009, 03:16 PM

while I love Ikaruga, r-type and radiant silvergun are the best shmups ever Big Grin

Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

04-10-2009, 03:30 PM

Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil:
[Image: EOSD_screen.jpg]

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

04-10-2009, 03:42 PM

Aaaaand everyone missed the point.  Awesome.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

04-10-2009, 04:23 PM

(04-10-2009, 03:30 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil:
[Image: EOSD_screen.jpg]

Meh, go play Phantasmagoria of Flower View to play a real Touhou game

backfire
Uninstalling

04-10-2009, 04:35 PM

(04-10-2009, 03:42 PM)Wedge link Wrote: Aaaaand everyone missed the point.  Awesome.

Maybe I didn't place enough emphasis on the whole "You Can Make Your Own Boss" thing.. I dunno.