Hello There, Guest! Register

My computer (okay me) sucks, is struggling downloading drivers
BoBoTheBum
Lurker

04-30-2009, 02:45 PM

long topic

Anyways, I keep getting problems updating my video drivers, and today steam actually warned me I may have issues. So, I try again to download, and this time, since I know it's gonna fail, I take a screenshot of the error in the hopes you guys can help me.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4369/ugh.png

Then I get the error Application Install: install package failure!, and nothing happens.

I have the report the program gave me, if that helps. My GPU is a ATI Radeon x1300/1550 PRO.

[Image: style4,Tags.png]
sloganizer is for champions
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

04-30-2009, 04:25 PM

try downloading it from another source, that looks like it's bad.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

04-30-2009, 04:50 PM

You already try googling the error message and emailing ATI's tech support?

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Blues
BRB, Posting

04-30-2009, 07:02 PM

First off, unless you're having problems with your current drivers, you don't actually have to update them, regardless of the steam warning. The only time you HAVE to update video drivers are when you a) want a new feature/fix out of new drivers, whether it be bugs or just higher fps, etc. b) are REQUIRED by a program, which I don't think I've ever seen. Often times people end up DOWNGRADING drivers as fixes to problems, so no worries on having out of date drivers.

Second, you need to make sure you do a FULL uninstall of your video drivers before attempting to update. Sure, just updating on top of old ones will work 90% of the time, but it takes an extra minute to uninstall the old ones and it works 99.9% of the time. Often if you're using severly outdated drivers and try to update, you're going to run into an issue unless you uninstall first.

Third, get your drivers from the ATI website, if you already are, try a different mirror from them, you might be getting a corrupted file.

[Image: bluelunk.png]
FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[glow=blue,2,300]WOMBO COMBO[/glow]
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]