Be Right Back, Uninstalling
OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! (/showthread.php?tid=7349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - Geoff - 05-04-2008

(05-04-2008, 09:36 PM)WTF Joel link Wrote: Yes I can o.o I know how it works, and all that. I was under the impression he wanted to edit the site, in which I say, no, but now that I look at it, if he wanted it to trying cutting it up, then sure.
  mmmkay

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - Mission Difficult - 05-04-2008

Sorry to give you the wrong idea.

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - Eschatos - 05-04-2008

I like the look, but it's missing something.  How about a black background with dark red text? 

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - exanimo - 05-04-2008

Too serious.

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - Fail Medic - 05-05-2008

The layout is good.  I'd prefer more contrast between the text color and whatever's behind it, but you know why with me. 

Also, I think it'd be neat if you could work something like this in, but this is probably a lame idea:
[Image: DeleteLocalContent.jpg]

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - ScottyGrayskull - 05-05-2008

Very awesome work Joel. Could be a little more light-hearted, but very awesome. :p

I was thinking like Fail, if you could incorporate some sort of uninstalling image or something that would be cool. Love the Pyro at the bottom corner. Smile

As for coding it up, I'd love to do it. However I have another website I'm doing that apparently I'm writing the content for as well so I need to get that done first. With the way I'm procrastinating it'll fucking take forever, but hopefully not. I've never done a website in that style (built around a sliced up image), so it'd be a neat experience. If I actually do my friggin' work I should be available by the time you incorporate feedback into it. Smile

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - WTF Joel - 05-05-2008

Yea, I know, Im still brain storming a logo for us, that I had intended to add to the layout. And yes medic, Im thinking I like Kor's idea for a button that could change the color styles of the site, so you could pick on that worked for you, all I would need to do is like recolor the sliced images and stuff.. and yea, as far as slicing and coding, I could get in contact with the guy who did it for CC2's site, but the thing is I am currently making him his own site as well, and to ask for him to slice and code a site for me when I never finished his would be rather rude in my personal opinion. Anyway, we will get her figured out, Im just glad to see that so many people like my design. :3

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - CaffeinePowered - 05-05-2008

I got one idea for a chance, can you add a 'videos link', it could change the news part to a list of links to the videos that everyone has made.

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - WTF Joel - 05-05-2008

yar, we could have all our videos, good idea caff, cookies and seckes for you

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - Tragic Hero - 05-05-2008

We could also have a fanfic section and the best Fanfic every week gets narrated by our very own Crooner Kor?

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - copulatingduck - 05-05-2008

(05-05-2008, 01:09 PM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: We could also have a fanfic section and the best Fanfic every week gets narrated by our very own Crooner Kor?

Lol. Spore showed me some very epic fanfic the other day. Literally, it was an epic poem, iirc.

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - ainmosni - 05-05-2008

(05-05-2008, 01:09 PM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: We could also have a fanfic section and the best Fanfic every week gets narrated by our very own Crooner Kor?

You ARE the demons!

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - copulatingduck - 05-05-2008

(05-05-2008, 03:16 PM)ainmosni link Wrote: [quote author=Tragic Hero link=topic=233.msg5652#msg5652 date=1210010991]
We could also have a fanfic section and the best Fanfic every week gets narrated by our very own Crooner Kor?

You ARE the demons!
[/quote]

After playing Zombie Panic, that voice sounds just like the white guy. Tongue

I miss Noompsie.  :'(

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - Versus - 05-05-2008

Noompsie was awesome. Kor has competition.

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - Vandamguy - 05-05-2008

i dont think we will ever hear from him again :/
i made kor listen to him tho and he agreed about the epicness

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - Kor - 05-05-2008

I'm down.

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - Neonie - 05-06-2008

(05-05-2008, 09:22 AM)WTF Joel link Wrote: Yea, I know, Im still brain storming a logo for us, that I had intended to add to the layout. And yes medic, Im thinking I like Kor's idea for a button that could change the color styles of the site, so you could pick on that worked for you, all I would need to do is like recolor the sliced images and stuff.. and yea, as far as slicing and coding, I could get in contact with the guy who did it for CC2's site, but the thing is I am currently making him his own site as well, and to ask for him to slice and code a site for me when I never finished his would be rather rude in my personal opinion. Anyway, we will get her figured out, Im just glad to see that so many people like my design. :3

I like that idea but I think the color scheme you choose should be linked to your account. That way you don't  have to change it every time you get on the site.

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - WTF Joel - 05-06-2008

that would require the website to either be linked to your forum account, the website has its own accounts, which would require more coding o.o by all means if you find someone there who is crazy enough, sure, we can do that. Also, here is the version of the template without the text and the psd.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2782/brbuninstallingsite2eq2.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?w4j5zdm13rn

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - Neonie - 05-06-2008

(05-06-2008, 10:22 AM)WTF Joel link Wrote: that would require the website to either be linked to your forum account, the website has its own accounts, which would require more coding o.o by all means if you find someone there who is crazy enough, sure, we can do that. Also, here is the version of the template without the text and the psd.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2782/brbuninstallingsite2eq2.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?w4j5zdm13rn

Well I was saying in the vein that ya the site it self would have accounts it self eventually as the site evolves so that way if theres like a news post or something on the front page people would still be able to comment.

Re: OUR WEBSITE DESIGN - FIRST VERSION - COMMENT! - Chooly - 06-05-2008

Well it's a good first approach, any progress thus far?

also,
(did not mean to dig up month old thread. meh)