Be Right Back, Uninstalling
question for _________ - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: question for _________ (/showthread.php?tid=12824)

Re: question for _________ - Didzo - 10-17-2012

(10-17-2012, 08:38 PM)Saxxy link Wrote: Totally forgot about audiosurf, I already own that too! That will give me an excuse to buy new sound canceling headphones... (and because my current ones are held together with tape...)

Get some closed back headphones instead. More sound quality for the money and they block out noise passively well enough.

Re: question for _________ - at0m - 10-18-2012

(10-17-2012, 09:47 PM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=Saxxy link=topic=5854.msg255428#msg255428 date=1350524296]
Totally forgot about audiosurf, I already own that too! That will give me an excuse to buy new sound canceling headphones... (and because my current ones are held together with tape...)
Get some closed back headphones instead. More sound quality for the money and they block out noise passively well enough.
[/quote]Closed around-the-ear noise-cancelling bose are pretty nice too, but expensive.

Re: question for _________ - Chief - 02-04-2013

question for the brbu members of the coldest city on earf (winnipeg people)

how the fuck can i get better deals on internet, phone, and tv (preferably packaged)? any idea?

Re: question for _________ - Versus - 02-04-2013

who needs phone or tv

Re: question for _________ - Chief - 02-04-2013

(02-04-2013, 06:59 PM)versus link Wrote: who needs phone or tv
im doing this partly for family too since they asked me to look at their bill and i nearly shat a brick, but yeah i know. for them having it all as a bundle might be beneficial to them but looking at that bill says otherwise
edit: under shaw currently, around 150 for all 3 (HD, around 20mbps internet, and phone)

Re: question for _________ - HeK - 02-04-2013

You pretty much have to bundle. While MTS has the worst internet, you can bundle your cellular as well.

Luin and I have Shaw internet, MTS phones.... no land line, no TV.

Re: question for _________ - A. Crow - 02-04-2013

Damn, I'm glad this thread go necro'd.  I was just wondering where to post this:

Question for car people-

I was bored at the dealership waiting for a shuttle back, so I started test driving cars.  Enter the 2005 RX-8, with slightly more miles than my 2011 Mustang.  I should say I have a nagging suspicion my mustang is going to start falling apart, it's already had the transmission taken apart from a recall, and sometime there is just the slightest bit of slippage.  And when ran hard, it'll burn the fuck out of the 5w20 they keep wanting to put in it. 

I am now playing with the idea of trading my Mustang straight up for this car.  It's worth about half as much as my Mustang and I still owe about half on it.  I might spend some out of pocket, but wouldn't have a car payment anymore.  The sound that Mazda made puts my Mustang to shame, it nothing else, it finally convinced me to put a new exhaust in my mustang.  

'Stang:
2011 50k miles
3.7L V6 304hp, 260ish torque
Automatic
3600lbs
Convertible
Premium interior, only missing seat warmers (wish I actually really want)
27-31 highway mpg depending on how hard I flog it up and down hills or if I stay under 80

RX-8
2005 56k miles
1.3L Rotary, 195hp, 170ish torque
Automatic with slap shifter
3000lbs
sun roof
premium interior (really nice leather, and seat warmers)
24ish highway mpg supposedly

Anyways, Am I freaking crazy?  

Re: question for _________ - Vlambo - 02-04-2013

(02-04-2013, 08:07 PM)LT Crow link Wrote: Damn, I'm glad this thread go necro'd.  I was just wondering where to post this:

Question for car people-

I was bored at the dealership waiting for a shuttle back, so I started test driving cars.  Enter the 2005 RX-8, with slightly more miles than my 2011 Mustang. 

I am now playing with the idea of trading my Mustang straight up for this car.  It's worth about half as much as my Mustang and I still owe about half on it.  I might spend some out of pocket, but wouldn't have a car payment anymore.  The sound that Mazda made puts my Mustang to shame, it nothing else, it finally convinced me to put a new exhaust in my mustang. 

'Stang:
2011 50k miles
3.7L V6 304hp, 260ish torque
Automatic
3600lbs
Convertible
Premium interior, only missing seat warmers (wish I actually really want)
27-31 highway mpg depending on how hard I flog it up and down hills or if I stay under 80

RX-8
2005 56k miles
1.3L Rotary, 195hp, 170ish torque
Automatic with slap shifter
3000lbs
sun roof
premium interior (really nice leather, and seat warmers)
24ish highway mpg supposedly

From what I've read about Mazdas. They're great cars, but fall apart after only a few years.

Re: question for _________ - rumsfald - 02-04-2013

(02-04-2013, 08:07 PM)LT Crow link Wrote: Anyways, Am I freaking crazy?  

I'm sure there are lots of non-car-savvy people who might overpay for a beat up convertible that still looks good.

You might call them "mustang lovers."

Also, every Ford I've ever been near has burned oil like nobody's business.

Re: question for _________ - A. Crow - 02-04-2013

(02-04-2013, 08:51 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=LT Crow link=topic=5854.msg261486#msg261486 date=1360026475]

I'm sure there are lots of non-car-savvy people who might overpay for a beat up convertible that still looks good.

You might call them "mustang lovers."

Also, every Ford I've ever been near has burned oil like nobody's business.
[/quote]

Well mine haven't.  But with an aluminum block it's concerning. 

Also, beat up?  really?  50k miles and 2 years old? 

Re: question for _________ - rumsfald - 02-04-2013

(02-04-2013, 09:08 PM)LT Crow link Wrote: Also, beat up?  really?  50k miles and 2 years old? 

2-year old cars do not generally start burning oil and feel like they are slipping gears. Not even most Fords.

I swear I come from a Ford family. 2 Broncos, 2 Bronco IIs (god I loved one of those), F100, F150, F250, 3 Crown Vics, 3 mustangs (80s v4, 90s v8, 00s v6), 90s good year of the Taurus.

Glad I spent no money to buy any of them.

Re: question for _________ - HeK - 02-04-2013

Besides the maintenance hell that is a rotary, you are also looking at the automatic RX8.
The 04-05 models had a 4 speed automatic, the 06 and later had the 6 speed auto with a redesigned engine.

The HP/torque numbers are also deceiving, as you have to look where the power exists on the band.

RX8:
[Image: 8792-2004-Mazda-RX-8-Dyno.jpg]

VS your V6, which looks something like:
[Image: 7mh0R.jpg]

What you want to look at is the torque numbers at the lower rpms, the V6 is overall flatter and more useful as you have power throughout the band and anywhere in your gear.

Personally, I find RX8s ugly (love the 3rd gen RX7 tho) and a little ill conceived. The rear doors are goofy and the back seat still too small to be useful.
The RENESIS engine purposefully burns oil and has an oil injection system. They smoke and smell funny.

To answer your question, yes. There are many other options which are better. A Miata for example. If you look at a V8 swapped Miata, then you are still crazy, but in the other direction.

Or you could... you know...
Subaru BRZ vs Ford Mustang! - Head 2 Head Episode 7

Re: question for _________ - A. Crow - 02-05-2013

Oh, trust me, I've thought about an FRS, I finally saw the second one I've seen around town earlier this week... aaaaaaand crushed him from the red light.  I think the Scions don't have as nice of tires as the Subaru twin.  And the video brings up the same good point- everyone talks about how FRS/BRZ doesn't put down the best numbers, "but, it's a driver's car"  Yes, that's why you just got smoked by a v6 mustang.  Anyways, this is mute, because a new FRS (there is no such thing as a used FRS or BRZ right nowNevermind, I found 3 within 100 miles... all with under 2k miles... why?) is going to run me considerably more than I spent on my mustang when I bought it. 

Anyways, I think I'm over my craziness. 

Re: question for _________ - Luinbariel - 02-05-2013

(02-04-2013, 07:10 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=versus link=topic=5854.msg261479#msg261479 date=1360022384]
who needs phone or tv
im doing this partly for family too since they asked me to look at their bill and i nearly shat a brick, but yeah i know. for them having it all as a bundle might be beneficial to them but looking at that bill says otherwise
edit: under shaw currently, around 150 for all 3 (HD, around 20mbps internet, and phone)
[/quote]

From what I understand, your current best bet is to bundle four services with MTS. Then you get the $43.50 discount every month, so long as all the services qualify (high speed internet, bla bla bla). Depending on what services you have it might work out, but if you don't really want to do all that, it's not worth it.

Re: question for _________ - HeK - 02-05-2013

(02-05-2013, 12:28 AM)LT Crow link Wrote: Oh, trust me, I've thought about an FRS, I finally saw the second one I've seen around town earlier this week... aaaaaaand crushed him from the red light.  I think the Scions don't have as nice of tires as the Subaru twin.   And the video brings up the same good point- everyone talks about how FRS/BRZ doesn't put down the best numbers, "but, it's a driver's car"  Yes, that's why you just got smoked by a v6 mustang.  Anyways, this is mute, because a new FRS (there is no such thing as a used FRS or BRZ right nowNevermind, I found 3 within 100 miles... all with under 2k miles... why?) is going to run me considerably more than I spent on my mustang when I bought it.  

Anyways, I think I'm over my craziness.  

There's an article somewhere where some guys knock 2-3 seconds off a ~1:10 lap just by changing the tires. Regardless, it depends on what you want to do with your car and what you expect from it. Want to boot around town and beat most people between red lights, your Mustang isn't a bad idea. If you want a driver's car which handles and provides road feedback, look at a something like used Miata or expect to shell out for more.

If you are getting a little bored with your 3.7L V6, look at a Procharger kit. You'll get above 5.0L V8 performance (~475 HP).

Now, once the BRZ STI comes out....

Re: question for _________ - A. Crow - 02-05-2013

I've looked at the supercharger... it seems to me I'd be better off just buying a GT, after spending the 6 grand in parts for the charger kit, exhaust and tuner, then I'll need new wheels and tires, and brakes, to keep it all under control. So, 8-9K total? 

Have they talked about pricing for the STI?  They've got to keep it cheap...

Re: question for _________ - HeK - 02-05-2013

No, also don't know the exact specs. Subaru announced that they are working on one, and if it's anything like the BRZ STI 'prototype', it's going to have a lot of carbon fibre body panels, so likely not too cheap.

The BRZ/FRS is a tiny car.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2062&d=1313689955]

Re: question for _________ - rumsfald - 02-06-2013

(02-05-2013, 09:05 AM)HeK link Wrote: Regardless, it depends on what you want to do with your car and what you expect from it. 

HeK, you are talking about balance to the Tackleberry of BRBu. I wouldn't expect the intel guy to agree with to the guy liked humping an LMG.

http://youtu.be/Vom9iLDfb-Y

Re: question for _________ - A. Crow - 02-06-2013

(02-06-2013, 10:23 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=HeK link=topic=5854.msg261515#msg261515 date=1360073154]
Regardless, it depends on what you want to do with your car and what you expect from it. 

HeK, you are talking about balance to the Tackleberry of BRBu. I wouldn't expect the intel guy to agree with to the guy liked humping an LMG.

[/quote]

I'll have you know an M81 detonator takes some subtlety and finesse; you have to twist before you pull. 

Re: question for _________ - at0m - 02-11-2013

Question for all of our software developers: http://www.brbuninstalling.com/forum/index.php?topic=6766.new#new

That means you guys, ainmosni Shadowcast Negate TOH GreatBacon Trace Vlambo Coppanuva