Be Right Back, Uninstalling
question for _________ - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: question for _________ (/showthread.php?tid=12824)

Re: question for _________ - Dtrain323i - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 09:35 AM)Kor link Wrote: Outside of being a H&S and Zest bodywash guy, am I the only guy that doesn't use shaving gel/cream? Unless I've underestimated the toughness of my face for the last 21 years, I've never had a problem with just massaging the beard soft and shaving wet.

Edit: Rummy, that label is something special. Having read about half of it, I'm convinced its a parody.

Nope, you're not alone. I don't remember the last time I bought shaving cream. Just wet my face, wet the razor and go to town.

Re: question for _________ - Mission Difficult - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 09:46 AM)Dtrain323i link Wrote: [quote author=Kor link=topic=5854.msg265912#msg265912 date=1367418915]
Outside of being a H&S and Zest bodywash guy, am I the only guy that doesn't use shaving gel/cream? Unless I've underestimated the toughness of my face for the last 21 years, I've never had a problem with just massaging the beard soft and shaving wet.

Edit: Rummy, that label is something special. Having read about half of it, I'm convinced its a parody.

Nope, you're not alone. I don't remember the last time I bought shaving cream. Just wet my face, wet the razor and go to town.
[/quote]

I just use soap on my face and head while I shower. Shaving cream is only really worth it if you're using a scuttle and badger brush.

Re: question for _________ - FlyingMongoose - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 10:45 AM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: [quote author=Dtrain323i link=topic=5854.msg265913#msg265913 date=1367419590]
[quote author=Kor link=topic=5854.msg265912#msg265912 date=1367418915]
Outside of being a H&S and Zest bodywash guy, am I the only guy that doesn't use shaving gel/cream? Unless I've underestimated the toughness of my face for the last 21 years, I've never had a problem with just massaging the beard soft and shaving wet.

[/quote]

I just use soap on my face and head while I shower. Shaving cream is only really worth it if you're using a scuttle and badger brush.
[/quote]

It's also worth it if your skin is... I can't think of good terminology here, loose though. Which causes any kind of razor to create increased drag, it helps cut razor burn. This is my situation. I typically use gillette gels.

Re: question for _________ - cbre88x - 05-01-2013

I used to dry/wet shave in high school, but I get some hardcore razor burn on the lower part of my neck if I don't use a decent cream/gel now.

Re: question for _________ - Kor - 05-01-2013

Sanity check complete. Thanks fellas.

Re: question for _________ - Luinbariel - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 09:35 AM)Kor link Wrote: Outside of being a H&S and Zest bodywash guy, am I the only guy that doesn't use shaving gel/cream? Unless I've underestimated the toughness of my face for the last 21 years, I've never had a problem with just massaging the beard soft and shaving wet.

Try dry-shaving your not-face.

Re: question for _________ - rumsfald - 05-01-2013

(05-01-2013, 09:35 AM)Kor link Wrote: Outside of being a H&S and Zest bodywash guy, am I the only guy that doesn't use shaving gel/cream?
(05-01-2013, 10:45 AM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: Nope, you're not alone. I don't remember the last time I bought shaving cream. Just wet my face, wet the razor and go to town.

I use an electric to do the high-level weed-whacking (which is required at the 28 hour mark since last blade shave), then do cleanup in the shower with a blade using whatever shampoo I have that week.

(05-01-2013, 09:35 AM)Kor link Wrote: Edit: Rummy, that label is something special. Having read about half of it, I'm convinced its a parody.

Dr. Bronner's is a legend, and not a parody: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuel_Bronner

The newer stuff is weaker than it used to be, but nothing beats using the peppermint soap in an outside shower or with cold water. A camping staple, but also good for a weekly refresher.

Re: question for _________ - StolenToast - 05-01-2013

<man> I just straight up shave.  No prep at all, not even water.  Every morning. </man>

I'd like to posit that you're shaving something closer to peach fuzz rather than a steel wool off your face.

Re: question for _________ - Dtrain323i - 05-02-2013

(05-01-2013, 04:31 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=Kor link=topic=5854.msg265912#msg265912 date=1367418915]

Try dry-shaving your not-face.
[/quote]

dry shaving your vagina seems....unpleasant.

Re: question for _________ - Didzo - 05-02-2013

Anything I shave, I shave dry using an electric razor.

I follow that up with facial wash and then alcohol based aftershave.

Re: question for _________ - The Generic Name - 05-02-2013

Question for EE's or anyone who knows VHDL:

How do I code a clock signal in VHDL using Quartus 2?  I need to finish this stopwatch program, and I dont want to hook up the DE1 board to a Waveform Generator.  I  looked online for solutions, but none of them told me a code that I understood fully.

Re: question for _________ - at0m - 05-02-2013

RE: the keeping clean and smelling nice question,
Clean:
Clean & Clear Morning Burst Shine Control face wash (green bottle, its caffeinated face wash)
been experimenting with Axe's face wash, not sure if like.
Axe Armor anti-dandruff shampoo
Axe Phoenix bodywash
Axe scrubby thinger

Smelling nice:
Axe Phoenix solid deoderant & anti-perspirant, applied liberally
Axe Clix spray deoderant, used sparingly

Having properly coiffed hair:
Axe Messy Look paste (comes in a tub) OR
Axe Hold+Touch paste (comes in a tube)

Yes, I use Axe, no, I don't care that you're judging me for it. I used to use a hodgepodge of products that were more difficult to replenish (different stores in different regions of the country carry different brands, sigh), and I smelled just as good with those as I did with Axe, but now my shit's easier to find.

For shaving my face, I just use a clipper on the closest setting with no guard (leaves scruff, doesn't irritate my skin like shaving every day used to). When I need to moisturize my face, I use Axe's post-shave lotion, although I'm almost positive its identical to unscented Lubriderm, although it's a smidge less oily.

For shaving my not-face, I use a Fusion Proglide Power razer with some Fusion Sensitive Skin shave gel. Followed up with some Aveeno sensitive skin (unscented) moisturizer, because having itchy not-face bits sucks.

(05-02-2013, 02:50 PM)The Generic Name link Wrote: Question for EE's or anyone who knows VHDL:

How do I code a clock signal in VHDL using Quartus 2?  I need to finish this stopwatch program, and I dont want to hook up the DE1 board to a Waveform Generator.  I  looked online for solutions, but none of them told me a code that I understood fully.
I wish I could help, but I went general EE and ended up being forced to skip the VHDL class in favor of a (incidentally much more useful for me in the long run) Electromechanics & Control Systems classes.

Re: question for _________ - Evil Cheese - 05-02-2013

(05-02-2013, 03:44 PM)at0m link Wrote: because having itchy not-face bits sucks.

Yes.

Re: question for _________ - Dr. Zaius - 05-02-2013

(05-02-2013, 06:06 PM)Evil Cheese link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=5854.msg265995#msg265995 date=1367527485]
because having itchy not-face bits sucks.

Yes.
[/quote]

lessons learned

Re: question for _________ - A. Crow - 05-02-2013

I scrap my face off damn near every day. 

I use a Gillette fusion, with the fusion sensitive skin gel, and nivea aftershave balm. 

I used to use Axe phoenix, just like At0m.  It was the Army's fault.  But then I graduated out of my douchebag phase.  Now I'm using whatever crazy shit old spice is cycling through at the time.  So I guess that means I graduated to super mega douchebag. 

Generic, does this help?

Re: question for _________ - Elder - 05-02-2013

just use barbasol and a 2 blade super cheapo razor. I dont own an electric and have never used one on my face.

Then again shaving for me is like cutting steel wool sometimes. 
But really for shaving all you need is a little lube. And in some cases not at all if your just shaving off your 5 o'clock each day

Also does anyone here switch hands while shaving the left and right halves of their face?

Re: question for _________ - Dr. Zaius - 05-02-2013

(05-02-2013, 10:11 PM)Elder link Wrote: Also does anyone here switch hands while shaving the left and right halves of their face?

never have, i only trust my left hand with one thing

Re: question for _________ - at0m - 05-03-2013

(05-02-2013, 11:27 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: [quote author=Elder link=topic=5854.msg266012#msg266012 date=1367550690]
Also does anyone here switch hands while shaving the left and right halves of their face?
never have, i only trust my left hand with one thing
[/quote]Every time I've tried, I ended up looking like a freddy kreuger victim, so I stopped.

Re: question for _________ - The Generic Name - 05-03-2013

(05-02-2013, 08:38 PM)LT Crow link Wrote: Generic, does this help?

Yes actually, it does!  Thanks!

Re: question for _________ - Vlambo - 05-03-2013

The hell is going on with that door in the douche pic.