Be Right Back, Uninstalling
question for _________ - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: question for _________ (/showthread.php?tid=12824)

Re: question for _________ - kaese - 08-24-2013

Are you aware of how condescending you are "sounding"?
No I am not going to tip toe around the internet minding everyone's delicate feelings just because you got offended and mad over a tiny little remark (that ultimately pointed out the inconsistency in your answer). I expect most people to not be so sensitive about such trivial things.

Re: question for _________ - cbre88x - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 12:41 AM)Käse link Wrote: Are you aware of how condescending you are "sounding"?
No I am not going to tip toe around the internet minding everyone's delicate feelings just because you got offended and mad over a tiny little remark (that ultimately pointed out the inconsistency in your answer). I expect most people to not be so sensitive about such trivial things.

That's because it was extremely intentional.

(08-23-2013, 11:50 PM)LT Crow link Wrote: We can claim whatever the hell we want. 

I forgot horse racing. And basketball. What isn't Kentucky good at?

Re: question for _________ - Hobospartan - 08-24-2013

(08-23-2013, 11:14 PM)Höböspärtän link Wrote: And evidently you uneducated, unwashed, Irish heathens don't know the difference between Eastern and Western BBQ.  I'll learn y'all, though, since I'm so nice.

Western, or Lexington, just uses the shoulder, and actually has tomatoes as well as vinegar and pepper and all the other spices and what not.  Eastern uses any and every part of the pig, only has vinegar and pepper based sauce, and is not fit for human consumption.

Lexington? Kentucky can't claim BBQ. No way. They already get KFC and Bourbon.
[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexington,_North_Carolina

Re: question for _________ - Evil Cheese - 08-24-2013

Does Texas not count? I realize that most Texas BBQ is beef instead of pork, but it's certainly a distinctive style.

As for what style I'd like to study, that's a hard one. Part of me wants to say German even if it's less influential than Italian or French. I also really like pan-Asian flavors and dishes as well. Hmmm guess if I could only pick one I'd probably say Japanese as well since it's probably the type of cooking I'm least familiar with.

Re: question for _________ - Dtrain323i - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 01:32 AM)Evil Cheese link Wrote: Does Texas not count? I realize that most Texas BBQ is beef instead of pork, but it's certainly a distinctive style.

As for what style I'd like to study, that's a hard one. Part of me wants to say German even if it's less influential than Italian or French. I also really like pan-Asian flavors and dishes as well. Hmmm guess if I could only pick one I'd probably say Japanese as well since it's probably the type of cooking I'm least familiar with.

I like texax bbq too, i just prefer the carolina style vinegar based sauces.

Re: question for _________ - A. Crow - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 12:43 AM)cbre88x link Wrote: [quote author=LT Crow link=topic=5854.msg270940#msg270940 date=1377319818]
We can claim whatever the hell we want. 

I forgot horse racing. And basketball. What isn't Kentucky good at?

[/quote]

As of late, football. 

Re: question for _________ - rumbot - 08-24-2013

I would say I would learn sushi from a master, but the truth is I prefer to be lazy and have it made for me.

So I'd spend my time learning from a brewmaster. dogfish head or philly brewing company preferred.

Re: question for _________ - cbre88x - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 01:23 AM)Höböspärtän link Wrote: [quote author=Höböspärtän link=topic=5854.msg270937#msg270937 date=1377317687]
And evidently you uneducated, unwashed, Irish heathens don't know the difference between Eastern and Western BBQ.  I'll learn y'all, though, since I'm so nice.

Western, or Lexington, just uses the shoulder, and actually has tomatoes as well as vinegar and pepper and all the other spices and what not.  Eastern uses any and every part of the pig, only has vinegar and pepper based sauce, and is not fit for human consumption.

[/quote]

[/quote]

lolololol. I'm going to go crawl in my cave now.

Re: question for _________ - StolenToast - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 11:56 AM)cbre88x link Wrote: [quote author=Höböspärtän link=topic=5854.msg270947#msg270947 date=1377325438]
[quote author=Höböspärtän link=topic=5854.msg270937#msg270937 date=1377317687]
And evidently you uneducated, unwashed, Irish heathens don't know the difference between Eastern and Western BBQ.  I'll learn y'all, though, since I'm so nice.

[/quote]

[/quote]

lolololol. I'm going to go crawl in my cave now.
[/quote] To be fair, Lexington, Kentucky sounded right to me too, considering it is one of the major cities there.

If I could learn any food it would be the art of grilling.  I'm talking 5-star steaks like celebrity chefs that are marinated so perfectly that you can't help but down the whole 14 ounce NY strip in one go, chicken that is actually terminally delicious and burgers that would turn a vegan.  I don't know if there is any country/city/state that is famous for its grilling, but that is my answer.

My secondary answer would be pizza from all over the world.

Re: question for _________ - KarthXLR - 08-24-2013

Probably either Japanese or Italian. That stuff is crazy delicious.

Re: question for _________ - Coppanuva - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 04:39 PM)Karth link Wrote: Probably either Japanese or Italian. That stuff is crazy delicious.

I'm with you here. I'd probably go with Italian, Japanese is good but I'm not much for fish. Italian would have to be legit italian though, not just the Americanized version.

Re: question for _________ - Versus - 08-25-2013

(08-24-2013, 01:32 AM)Evil Cheese link Wrote: Does Texas not count? I realize that most Texas BBQ is beef instead of pork, but it's certainly a distinctive style.

i had no idea you guys were talking about pork bbq instead of beef bbq real bbq

e: this is really tough to answer. maybe italian. i dunno!!!

Re: question for _________ - Dr. Zaius - 08-25-2013

holy shit

probably french, indian, or japanese as long as it would be traditional cuisine. i considered german/nordic european cuisine but it's not as.. elegant.

italian is like mexican food to me. tastes great but its nothing special

bbq is also a noble path to follow

dongs

Re: question for _________ - Dr. Zaius - 10-20-2013

I have a question for our computer/windows magi. I have my os on a disk separate from my media/games. I guess my question is how do I specify that the default path to download/install programs on should be the one that the operating system isn't on? The boot disk spins faster and has a smaller capacity so I'm trying to keep it light and use the 1.5 TB drive for everything else. Currently I'm just manually setting install paths, so I figured if there was an easier way someone here knows.

reference pic because i probaly can't explain anything effectively
http://i.imgur.com/5LlQ3qi.png

Re: question for _________ - Didzo - 10-20-2013

(10-20-2013, 07:55 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: I have a question for our computer/windows magi. I have my os on a disk separate from my media/games. I guess my question is how do I specify that the default path to download/install programs on should be the one that the operating system isn't on? The boot disk spins faster and has a smaller capacity so I'm trying to keep it light and use the 1.5 TB drive for everything else. Currently I'm just manually setting install paths, so I figured if there was an easier way someone here knows.

reference pic because i probably can't explain anything effectively
http://i.imgur.com/5LlQ3qi.png

Just replace "C" with "S" in the install path whenever you download a program. I use this method and I don't download new programs to justify doing something fancier.

But if you really do want to automatically change the default install path, there is another way. You must first evoke the spirit of the omniscient Google by transcribing the following holy incantation into your search/address bar "setting default install path for all new programs windows 7," sacrificing a goat as a blood offering, pressing the enter key, and clicking the first link. Or just click below.

>>>Click Here For Mystical Solution<<<

If you want to change where downloads go by default, you can do that by digging around in the settings of any internet browser. If you want to change where the Downloads shortcut in Windows Explorer goes, all you need to do is right click on it and change the path. To change where your Libraries are, you can remove or add locations by clicking the blue "locations" text near the top of the window when you select any Library under the list.

Re: question for _________ - Elder - 10-20-2013

didzo being helpful?
better call up John Wayne and see if hell has frozen over yet

Re: question for _________ - Dr. Zaius - 10-21-2013

The one time I choose to come here before running around google like a pleb with my head cut off, Didzo is there to put me back on the chopping block.

I'm a lazy person though, so I'll probably just manually set the paths.

Re: - at0m - 10-22-2013

I always thought this thread was for philosophical problems, like 'what is beauty?'

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Re: - CaffeinePowered - 10-22-2013

(10-22-2013, 07:33 AM)at0m link Wrote: 'what is beauty?'

You are an engineer, you solve practical problems

Re: - Gasman - 10-22-2013

(10-22-2013, 07:54 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=5854.msg272552#msg272552 date=1382445193]
'what is beauty?'

You are an engineer, you solve practical problems
[/quote]

Like how to get a train from one place to another?