Be Right Back, Uninstalling
question for _________ - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: question for _________ (/showthread.php?tid=12824)

Re: question for _________ - Luinbariel - 07-03-2014

(07-03-2014, 01:38 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=5854.msg279673#msg279673 date=1404405671]

I believe you have to have a job or sponsor before you can come into the country. They want some kind of proof that you're here to work and will be able to support yourself in some way.

To be honest, I don't think I'd shoot for living/working in BC right away unless you can land a really well-paying job. It's very expensive there. Like, VERY very expensive. We went to visit a friend's grandmother, and she lives in an apartment easily a quarter the size of our entire house... and she pays about the same as we do for our mortgage. It's disgusting, and not even in a good area/a good apartment. The standard of living is just uncomfortably high.

I'd try somewhere central first, one of the bigger cities somewhere along the middle of the country if at all possible. Maybe it'll be more boring at first but it'd likely be more comfortable than the alternative.

Thanks, Luin! I'm glad you both responded. I'm in no position to immigrate right now, but nonetheless I'm interested and it's certainly an option I want to explore. I really appreciate the advice. I'll likely have to wait until I finish my degree.

[/quote]

Makes sense. Make sure that if you do finish with a degree that it'll be recognized in Canada, if you plan to end up moving after all. That's even moreso if you eventually decide to come during and finish school here instead; not all courses and credits will transfer.

Re: question for _________ - StolenToast - 07-03-2014

(07-03-2014, 12:02 AM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: [quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=5854.msg279662#msg279662 date=1404360265]
Question about our friendly northernly neighbors;

Say I'm interested in becoming a Canadian citizen. Is anyone familiar with the process? To make a long story short my goal is to move westward (manifest destiny hurr durr), but Vancouver is near the top of the list so I've been thinking about the prospect more and more lately. I know I can google this information, but I prefer the brbu experience, especially since we have peeps from 'nada.

To go needlessly in depth, my ultimate goal is to get far, far away from North Dakota with a quickness.

All you need to do is apologize for things you don't have reasons to be apologetic for, understand that while lacrosse is Canada's national sport, hockey is the lifeblood of all Canadian citizens.
[/quote]
Lacrosse is the national sport of Northern Virginia.

Re: question for _________ - Evil Cheese - 07-04-2014

(07-03-2014, 07:18 PM)StolenToast link Wrote: [quote author=FlyingMongoose link=topic=5854.msg279666#msg279666 date=1404363723]
[quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=5854.msg279662#msg279662 date=1404360265]
Question about our friendly northernly neighbors;

Say I'm interested in becoming a Canadian citizen. Is anyone familiar with the process? To make a long story short my goal is to move westward (manifest destiny hurr durr), but Vancouver is near the top of the list so I've been thinking about the prospect more and more lately. I know I can google this information, but I prefer the brbu experience, especially since we have peeps from 'nada.

To go needlessly in depth, my ultimate goal is to get far, far away from North Dakota with a quickness.

All you need to do is apologize for things you don't have reasons to be apologetic for, understand that while lacrosse is Canada's national sport, hockey is the lifeblood of all Canadian citizens.
[/quote]
Lacrosse is the national sport of Northern Virginia.
[/quote]

I can confirm this as I used to play.

Re: - at0m - 07-04-2014

Southern NY and Eastern PA as well. My dad played it in both high school and in college at Bucknell.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Re: question for _________ - Eightball - 07-12-2014

Which do you find preferable: cloudy/drab weather, or heavy rain?

Re: question for _________ - KarthXLR - 07-12-2014

(07-12-2014, 01:06 PM)Eightball link Wrote: Which do you find preferable: cloudy/drab weather, or heavy rain?
Rain is wonderful, the mood is fantastic as long as you don't have anywhere to be.

Re: question for _________ - Didzo - 07-12-2014

Rain. At least you know how to dress if you have to venture outside.

Re: question for _________ - Chief - 07-13-2014

(07-12-2014, 01:06 PM)Eightball link Wrote: Which do you find preferable: cloudy/drab weather, or heavy rain?
definitely heavy rain

one time when i was drinking with a bunch of friends and i had a bunch of shit on my mind, i was able to go outside and walk down the street with one of them in the pouring rain just chatting about life and shit and it felt like the most refreshing thing at the time

plus i was able to throw my hair back into some awesome style so that was pretty fun too

Re: Re: Re: question for _________ - Elder - 07-14-2014

Overcast

Re: question for _________ - CaffeinePowered - 07-14-2014

Cloudy/Drab, heavy rain means I need to watch my apartment like a hawk and hope it doesnt flood

Re: question for _________ - matter11 - 07-19-2014

I walk and take the bus to most places. I hate the rain. Pittsburgh always has rain.

Re: question for _________ - Neptune - 07-19-2014

Heavy Rain.  I wish I knew why, but I love it.

Re: question for _________ - Dr. Zaius - 07-19-2014

Eyedea & Abilities Liquid Sovereignty

Re: question for _________ - Eightball - 07-20-2014

What is a basic skill that (more) people should be expected to have?

Cooking? Writing? Survival skills?

Re: question for _________ - matter11 - 07-20-2014

(07-20-2014, 08:16 PM)Eightball link Wrote: What is a basic skill that (more) people should be expected to have?

Cooking because a majority of college aged people I know have little to no practice or knowledge. I'm wish I had more experience cooking a diversity of things, I'm so plain

Re: question for _________ - Elder - 07-20-2014

(07-20-2014, 08:16 PM)Eightball link Wrote: What is a basic skill that (more) people should be expected to have?

most people(teachers, professors, etc.) expect that people should be much more skillful writers than they really are.
Cooking i think is a skill that most people as a general knowledge thing should understand and be capable of preforming with little difficulty.

In this day and age someone should have a general knowledge of the ins and outs of the technology they use
This proficiency should hover around being able to do basic troubleshooting without using the internet or other outside help to try to determine and/or fix the problem by themselves first.
Last thing is mechanics, anyone that owns a car should be required to know how to do thing like check fluid levels, change a tire by themselves, and things like that. If you can change your own oil thats a big plus in your favor

Re: question for _________ - HeK - 07-20-2014

Fucked if I know.

Re: question for _________ - Luinbariel - 07-20-2014

People skills/manners in general. I guess that's funny coming from Canada, but things just generally go so much better for everyone involved if people are good at dealing with others.

Re: question for _________ - Didzo - 07-21-2014

Mortal combat.

Re: - FlyingMongoose - 07-21-2014

Sleep.

Sent from my subdermal neurological implant.