Be Right Back, Uninstalling
question for _________ - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: question for _________ (/showthread.php?tid=12824)

Re: question for _________ - FlyingMongoose - 11-13-2014

(11-13-2014, 01:02 PM)Dadtrain323i link Wrote: I got a Cabela's credit card. They're unique in that they actually operate their own bank and issue their own cards. Most store cards are just contracted with an established bank. But I get reward points to get stuff from Cabela's. My goal is to be able to get a gun for free.

I know someone who's going for a boat... (and is already a third of the way there)...

Re: question for _________ - Dtrain323i - 11-13-2014

(11-13-2014, 02:23 PM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: [quote author=Dadtrain323i link=topic=5854.msg281978#msg281978 date=1415901746]
I got a Cabela's credit card. They're unique in that they actually operate their own bank and issue their own cards. Most store cards are just contracted with an established bank. But I get reward points to get stuff from Cabela's. My goal is to be able to get a gun for free.

I know someone who's going for a boat... (and is already a third of the way there)...
[/quote]

I've heard of a few people working towards a boat. It helps if you have their black card since you get 5% back in points vs 2% but you still have to spend a metric fuckton to get those points.

Re: question for _________ - Elder - 12-22-2014

So I've gotten sick of tapatalk and it's nonworking convoluted mess of a menu and forum navigation.
There are probably settings for fixing a bunch of this stuff but at this point I don't much care to waste more of my time.

So besides tapatalk what do you guys like to use for a mobile forum app? Don't say the phones mobile Web browser because that won't cut it

Re: question for _________ - FlyingMongoose - 12-22-2014

(12-22-2014, 12:11 PM)Elder link Wrote: So I've gotten sick of tapatalk and it's nonworking convoluted mess of a menu and forum navigation.
There are probably settings for fixing a bunch of this stuff but at this point I don't much care to waste more of my time.

So besides tapatalk what do you guys like to use for a mobile forum app? Don't say the phones mobile Web browser because that won't cut it

My Tablet's Mobile Web Browser

Actually there's really only one alternative I found anywhere.

http://www.forumrunner.net/

Re: question for _________ - Elder - 12-22-2014

i was looking at tapatalk and there has been a huge amount of user outrage over how they changed the app and made it more of a social hub app, and not a forum browser app. That and the new crap UI

Re: question for _________ - Gasman - 01-05-2015

Question about cosplay. My family and I are building a proton pack for a ghostbusters group costume we want to do (just one, the time cost to make three more is too much for them, so they're going to buy the rest), and we are looking into vacuum molding the prototype we are making. Does anyone here have experience with vacuum molding, is there DIY process for it, any recommendations for it/recommendations against it, and any other options we have not considered? I already have done a quick google search and found it is doable, but have no idea about the viability/problems with the process.

Re: question for _________ - CaffeinePowered - 01-05-2015

From what I know its the primary way things like that are made, I believe HeK has a small home-made one which you can do with a shopvac. I also know that proton packs are expensive, at least if you are commissioning one. I know Striker has two and they were both in the $1500-2000 range.

Unless you have a lot of things you're going to want to do in the future with it I'd recommend commissioning one first. Its a lot to take on as a first project if you have no prior experience in prop making, certainly do-able, but it would also come with a lot of one-off costs. Materials might only be say, $400-500 per pack, but even a cheap vacuu-former could be a few hundred bucks, in addition to any tools that you might need.

If you have (most of) the tools and a friend/relative who is nearby enough to offer guidance definitely consider going for it, but also be prepared to eat the costs of messing something up and make sure to practice on scraps or other small stuff.

Re: - HeK - 01-07-2015

Fyi: my cookie sheet vacuum former was built for $7 using parts from good will.  The plastic sheets cost more than that, at least up here.

Re: question for _________ - matter11 - 01-27-2015

Everyone was building up this blizzard for the northeast and philly got maybe an inch of snow. Anyone actually get hit?

Also what's the deepest your snow got this winter? It's probably been the most mild in recent memory for the PA area although I heard pittsburgh had gotten pretty icy and the nj turnpike had a bunch of accidents one day from iciness.

Re: question for _________ - Dr. Zaius - 01-27-2015

winter has been ass backwards here in nd its like 40 outside right now

thanks big gov and haarp

Re: question for _________ - Gasman - 01-27-2015

...snow...? There was liquid snow last night here.

Re: question for _________ - Dr. Zaius - 01-30-2015

question for the US peeps - what the fuck is wrong with our congress?

question for the canada peeps - (honestly) what the hell would make canadia want to build this pipeline backed by people who are bent on destroying the planet?

is the world fucking stupid?

Re: question for _________ - kaese - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 11:46 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: question for the US peeps - what the fuck is wrong with our congress?

question for the canada peeps - (honestly) what the hell would make canadia want to build this pipeline backed by people who are bent on destroying the planet?

is the world fucking stupid?

1. it is a mystery
2. $$$
3. yes

Re: question for _________ - Kor - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 11:46 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: question for the canada peeps - (honestly) what the hell would make canadia want to build this pipeline backed by people who are bent on destroying the planet?

Harper is bent on destroying the world/cashing out before his term ends. Canadians on the whole oppose the pipeline.

Re: question for _________ - CaffeinePowered - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 01:37 PM)Kor link Wrote: [quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=5854.msg283256#msg283256 date=1422636399]

Harper is bent on destroying the world/cashing out before his term ends. Canadians on the whole oppose the pipeline.
[/quote]

Harper is the Canadian Bush

Re: question for _________ - HeK - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 02:43 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Kor link=topic=5854.msg283261#msg283261 date=1422643065]
[quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=5854.msg283256#msg283256 date=1422636399]

[/quote]

Harper is the Canadian Bush
[/quote]

Except he actually gets things done. He has done a fantastic job of reducing our debit at the cost of massive government service cuts.
He can also speak two languages well, instead of one poorly, so there is that.

Re: question for _________ - Dr. Zaius - 01-31-2015

BUUUUUURN

srsly though money is evil #godhatesoil

Re: question for _________ - Gasman - 01-31-2015

What is everybody's profession at BRB.U? I know what a couple of you do, but as a whole, I have no idea what everyone has chosen to do in the last couple years/ already work as.

Re: question for _________ - Kor - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 10:43 AM)Gasman link Wrote: What is everybody's profession at BRB.U? I know what a couple of you do, but as a whole, I have no idea what everyone has chosen to do in the last couple years/ already work as.

I'm currently going through the in-house apprenticeship program to become a Licensed Tool & Die Maker.

I still recall a conversation with my Welding Instructor back in college, he remarked that my keen attention to detail would be put to superb use in Tool & Die work. To which I replied: "Who wants to work in half thou tolerances all day? That's stressful shit." Present day, he was prophetic. The profoundly deep satisfaction of creating everyday, and have it be a flawlessly crafted piece? That's a fucking multi-hit wombo combo to the career path.

Re: Re: question for _________ - Eightball - 01-31-2015

I'm still a medical student (MS-2) and so I'm still mostly doing preclinical stuff (lectures, labs, and exams). Starting to develop some clinical skills so I won't be useless next year when I start rotations.

I am running out of time to make my decision regarding area of practice though. I think I have it nailed down to four: Ophthalmology (my current research area, also a desirable gig in general but very competitive), Neurology (the patient population I'm most interested in), Pathology (lab/academic setting that I like, plus good opportunities for lecturing), and Internal medicine (to later subspecialize in an organ system; I'm not very interested in primary care). Hopefully I'll be able to file it down soon, as I am about 1.5yrs away from residency applications...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk