Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Leaving for a while... - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Leaving for a while... (/showthread.php?tid=10255)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Leaving for a while... - Mr. Face - 07-02-2009

It has become to much, i need time away from BRBU...
By looking around the Forum im sure you can figure out why...

edit: I know a lot of you think its a stupid idea for me to leave, but this shit got out of hand and I can't deal with it atm. Lot of shit going on for me.
x2 edit: I dont really want to go so i was thinking about making this a poll saying should i go or not but then that would be like trollingish so i decided not to because if i trolled on my leaving because i dont like trolling thread i would be really stupid :<

Re: Leaving for a while... - Radio Raheem - 07-02-2009

[Image: bGjfANdAGj9t1y81lIVqe3uKo1_500.gif]

Re: Leaving for a while... - SAVAGE-0 - 07-02-2009

I'll miss FACE Sad

Re: Leaving for a while... - Dave - 07-02-2009

relevant?

You're an asshole -Duck

Re: Leaving for a while... - CaffeinePowered - 07-02-2009

K2 nailed it here, take some time off, lurk a bit and if you are so inclined, post again with a new sense of purpose

Re: Leaving for a while... - SBCrystal - 07-02-2009

My two cents:

Dave, love, you're an awesome person and I like you, but lately when I've been reading the stuff you've been writing I'm finding it hard to respect you. I remember you leaving the forums because  you didn't like what BRB,U was becoming but now you've come back to fan the flames, so to speak. You're better than that.

I don't give a flying fuck what Mr. Face has done.

Quote:Here's what happened: When Mr. Face first joined the forums, he broke a bunch of unspoken rules of social conduct on the Internet/ in life, e.g. necroing a bunch of threads with nonconstructive posts, using brbu inside jokes and memes that he didn't know anything about, and generally acting like he was an old vet of the community when he'd only been on the forums for a week. This proved to be a great example of how important first impressions are, as some people, including myself, started disliking his behavior and his presence here.
- K2

I hate to be a Negative Nelly but we're a group of internet gamer nerds -- how much do we know about social conduct? Har, har. Seriously, though, sure no one likes someone who tries too hard -- I understand that. However, I and others don't like people who try too hard to make other people feel bad.

I love this community and I love the people in it and I think other people need to learn how to be more tolerant. I really don't like seeing people acting like dildouches.

<3 Please don't hate me for saying this.

Re: Leaving for a while... - Mr. Face - 07-02-2009

(07-02-2009, 06:11 PM)SBCrystal link Wrote: <3 Please don't hate me for saying this.
I don't Smile

Re: Leaving for a while... - zaneyard - 07-02-2009

(07-02-2009, 06:11 PM)SBCrystal link Wrote: My two cents:

Dave, love, you're an awesome person and I like you, but lately when I've been reading the stuff you've been writing I'm finding it hard to respect you. I remember you leaving the forums because  you didn't like what BRB,U was becoming but now you've come back to fan the flames, so to speak. You're better than that.

Quote:Here's what happened: When Mr. Face first joined the forums, he broke a bunch of unspoken rules of social conduct on the Internet/ in life, e.g. necroing a bunch of threads with nonconstructive posts, using brbu inside jokes and memes that he didn't know anything about, and generally acting like he was an old vet of the community when he'd only been on the forums for a week. This proved to be a great example of how important first impressions are, as some people, including myself, started disliking his behavior and his presence here.
- K2

I hate to be a Negative Nelly but we're a group of internet gamer nerds -- how much do we know about social conduct? Har, har. Seriously, though, sure no one likes someone who tries too hard -- I understand that. However, I and others don't like people who try too hard to make other people feel bad.

I love this community and I love the people in it and I think other people need to learn how to be more tolerant. I really don't like seeing people acting like dildouches.

finally, some intelligence

face, i hope you will remain on my steam friends list

Re: Leaving for a while... - Luinbariel - 07-02-2009

(07-02-2009, 07:25 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=SBCrystal link=topic=3201.msg94339#msg94339 date=1246576314]
My two cents:

- K2

[/quote]

Exactly this.

I'm really tired of seeing people hounding each other on the forums for personal reasons; you don't like someone, leave them alone. It's as simple as that.

I think what Crystal said was well put and much needed.

(07-02-2009, 07:25 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=SBCrystal link=topic=3201.msg94339#msg94339 date=1246576314]
My two cents:

- K2

[/quote]
Oh ill be back. (I already want to Smile) Im keeping everyone on my friends list, especially since it took me forever to get quite a few of em

cool

Re: Leaving for a while... - Valentine Wiggin - 07-02-2009

(07-02-2009, 07:29 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=3201.msg94348#msg94348 date=1246580716]
[quote author=SBCrystal link=topic=3201.msg94339#msg94339 date=1246576314]
My two cents:

- K2

[/quote]

Exactly this.

I'm really tired of seeing people hounding each other on the forums for personal reasons; you don't like someone, leave them alone. It's as simple as that.

I think what Crystal said was well put and much needed.
[/quote]

yeah i'm new so trying to avoid these types of threads, buti really don't like when people are not nice to other people for what seem to be pretty silly reasons.  just ignore them if you don't like them.

Re: Leaving for a while... - cbre88x - 07-02-2009

Time to be a dick because I have to be so damn honest all the time.

Advice: Act intelligently. That's it. No need to draw unneeded attention to yourself. If you would stop trying to demand the respect of the community by acting stupid and instead contributing intelligently to the community you would earn respect.

You seem like a good kid and I'm sure your experience here will improve your social life on the internet and IRL.

(07-02-2009, 09:44 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: Time to be a dick because I have to be so damn honest all the time.

Advice: Act intelligently. That's it. No need to draw unneeded attention to yourself. If you would stop trying to demand the respect of the community by acting stupid and instead contributing intelligently to the community you would earn respect.

You seem like a good kid and I'm sure your experience here will improve your social life on the internet and IRL.
Exactly, and im trying, but the thing is people think of me as when i first got here, not for me now, but just because i came in here like a dumbass everyone thinks that i dont deserve to talk...

(07-02-2009, 09:46 PM)Mr. Face link Wrote: [quote author=cbre88x link=topic=3201.msg94422#msg94422 date=1246589091]

Exactly, and im trying, but the thing is people think of me as when i first got here, not for me now, but just because i came in here like a dumbass everyone thinks that i dont deserve to talk...
[/quote]
See, mister face learned his lesson
also he loves all of us and cant leave us
also relevent
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

Re: Leaving for a while... - beep beep diglett - 07-02-2009

(07-02-2009, 09:50 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Mr. Face link=topic=3201.msg94425#msg94425 date=1246589202]
[quote author=cbre88x link=topic=3201.msg94422#msg94422 date=1246589091]

[/quote]
See, mister face learned his lesson
also he loves all of us and cant leave us
also relevent
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
[/quote]

and the classic duckroll
Duckroll

yeah my song is totally relevant though
mr face is never gonna give you up

Re: Leaving for a while... - beep beep diglett - 07-02-2009

(07-02-2009, 09:54 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: yeah my song is totally relevant though

who's to say he isnt going to roll around on a duck while he's gone

(07-02-2009, 09:55 PM)beep beep diglett link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=3201.msg94431#msg94431 date=1246589681]
yeah my song is totally relevant though

who's to say he isnt going to roll around on a duck while he's gone
[/quote]
what im saying is mr face doesnt want to leave

Re: Leaving for a while... - Honest - 07-02-2009

(07-02-2009, 09:46 PM)Mr. Face link Wrote: [quote author=cbre88x link=topic=3201.msg94422#msg94422 date=1246589091]

[/quote]

Think before you post. People used to harass Karth in pretty much the same way, now you're the new guy to kick around. But I know better, the real enemy is and always will be Karth. >:O