Be Right Back, Uninstalling
So its time i stopped using public transport - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: So its time i stopped using public transport (/showthread.php?tid=10310)

So its time i stopped using public transport - Dave - 07-11-2009

and im not sure weather to get a car or a motorbike, or even a scooter
(in before gay)

is a motorbike cheaper to run that a car?

i allready have my actual driving liscence, its only a 1 week course for a scooter and im sure i could learn to ride a motorbike in no time

any one experience with bikes?

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - Neonie - 07-11-2009

Scooters are cheap, don't use much gas. Highly effective. Since you live in Europe I would say that would be the most cost effective and reasonable choice.

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - zaneyard - 07-11-2009

If you don't have too large a distance to go, just get a bicycle. Can get a cheap one for like 100 bucks.
A motorcycle is much cheaper than a car and would be good if you need to travel longer distances. A scooter is good, but you won't be able to hit higher speeds. I dunno how it works over there, but scooters don't go on the interstates and highways (what I have to use to get to school) so i need to drive a car

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - Surf314 - 07-11-2009

Yea distance is the key

scooter - short range
motorcycle - medium range
car - I drive all the time and dont like getting rained on

I'd imagine cost wise the progression is the same

(07-11-2009, 01:14 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Yea distance is the key

scooter - short range
motorcycle - medium range
car - I drive all the time and dont like getting rained on

I'd imagine cost wise the progression is the same
surf clearly spends more time than i do organizing his thoughts

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - Vlambo - 07-11-2009

Quote:I know this is kinda off topic, but I recently started working at a Gas Station, that also happens to be the only Tow-Truck company within a 3 hour radius. On Sunday morning there was a motorcycle crash. My boss, who had to go pick up the bike, told us what he saw. Apparently the Motorcycle driver was flying down this rural highway (which is every highway here) and a dump truck pulled out in front of him. No one knows why he didn't stop (Speed is a suspect), but lets say he hit that truck at a VERY VERY fast speed. On collision, he basically became delimbed, and beheaded. My boss said he saw his arm in ditch, and his body mangled with the motorcycle. The motorcycle was basically a tin can, literally a ball of scrap metal with red paint in some areas. Completely turned me off motorcycles for a while.

This

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - Ianki - 07-11-2009

[Image: image1a.gif]

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - KarthXLR - 07-11-2009

Erm, is work close enough for a bike?

people get hit walking across the street every day
if you're too afraid to take risks go hide in a bubble

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - Tragic Hero - 07-11-2009

I'd go with a scooter.

Yeah that's all I got

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - Benito Mussolini - 07-11-2009

Use fucking busses and stop being a pussy.

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - Dave - 07-11-2009

everyone dies, ild rather die goin really fast.

im gonna look into what i have to do liscencewise for a motorbike and get a scooter until then.

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 07-11-2009

Vespa. Safe and you still look like a badass.

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - Badgerman of DOOM - 07-11-2009

(07-11-2009, 02:34 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: Vespa. Safe and you still look like a badass.

This. I wanna get the license you need for one of thems and get me a Vespa.

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - Aerox - 07-11-2009

(07-11-2009, 01:27 PM)Vlambo link Wrote:
Quote:I know this is kinda off topic, but I recently started working at a Gas Station, that also happens to be the only Tow-Truck company within a 3 hour radius. On Sunday morning there was a motorcycle crash. My boss, who had to go pick up the bike, told us what he saw. Apparently the Motorcycle driver was flying down this rural highway (which is every highway here) and a dump truck pulled out in front of him. No one knows why he didn't stop (Speed is a suspect), but lets say he hit that truck at a VERY VERY fast speed. On collision, he basically became delimbed, and beheaded. My boss said he saw his arm in ditch, and his body mangled with the motorcycle. The motorcycle was basically a tin can, literally a ball of scrap metal with red paint in some areas. Completely turned me off motorcycles for a while.

This

That scenario (minus I think the decapitation) happened to a kid on his way to our high school graduation about a week after he bought a motorcycle using inheritance money after his mom begged and begged him not to.

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - CaffeinePowered - 07-11-2009

(07-11-2009, 02:46 PM)Aerox link Wrote: [quote author=Vlambo link=topic=3256.msg96689#msg96689 date=1247336874]

This

That scenario (minus I think the decapitation) happened to a kid on his way to our high school graduation about a week after he bought a motorcycle using inheritance money after his mom begged and begged him not to.
[/quote]

My mom worked ICU at a hospital for several years before I was born and when I was young, there is no law requiring motorcycle helmets in Illinois, and she could fill a small novel with stories of people that came in from high speed accidents who weren't wearing a helmet and/or leather

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - cannedpeahes - 07-11-2009

Scooter, so you can be a Mod!

I suspect motorcycles are not seen with the same reverence in England as they are here, for one thing, but the gas (ahem, petrol) mileage of scooters and motorcycles can't be beat.

But really, bicycles. If it's just "in-town" commute, there's no better investment.

Quote: When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.  Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man.  And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became.  Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others.  Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle.

Quote:The bicycle is the perfect transducer to match man's metabolic energy to the impedance of locomotion.  Equipped with this tool, man outstrips the efficiency of not only all machines but all other animals as well.

Re: So its time i stopped using public transport - scottydog1989 - 07-12-2009

[Image: 8357-66VBC.jpg]

Get this scooter if you get one! You'd be the coolest person in the neighborhood.