Be Right Back, Uninstalling
I need your guys' help... - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: I need your guys' help... (/showthread.php?tid=3715)

I need your guys' help... - Geoff - 10-25-2009

So guys... I've been making this map for a very long time coming now...  I've posted a couple screenshots here and there, but here are some more:  (please note all of these are extremely old and nasty looking  ;D)

[Image: QruzM.jpg]

[Image: XiS6Q.jpg]

[Image: 14Dit.jpg]

There is still quite a bit to be done.  The map consists of two stages, three points for the first and two/three points for the second.  Alpha 1 will be released as the first stage only. 

Now that things are getting wrapped up for alpha 1... I need to decide whether to make it a Control Point map (timed captures) or a Flagrun map (bring the flag to the point to capture it instantly).

So guys, your opinions?

Re: I need your guys' help... - Mr. Face - 10-25-2009

chose Flagrun because I just think flagrun would make it more of a challenge for defence cause the map shows you can go a lot of different ways

Re: I need your guys' help... - CaffeinePowered - 10-25-2009

I would test both versions, cause the map might flow correctly for one and not the other

Re: I need your guys' help... - Neonie - 10-25-2009

That actually looks fucking awesome...

Re: I need your guys' help... - Bonesinger - 10-25-2009

Looks like the two CP's are too close together, or more a less in the same area not separated by anything. I don't even know if that's a bad thing though since I've never mapped for TF2 and don't know if it works or not. :O  I would say flag tag would seem better since it would give some downtime between point captures. Eye candy is looking great though.

Re: I need your guys' help... - K2 - 10-25-2009

(10-25-2009, 08:32 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: I would test both versions, cause the map might flow correctly for one and not the other

Re: I need your guys' help... - Geoff - 10-25-2009

The two points are actually highly separated, just can't tell from the screenshots.

Re: I need your guys' help... - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 10-25-2009

(10-25-2009, 08:32 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: I would test both versions, cause the map might flow correctly for one and not the other

This, and I mean it in the sense that'd I'd be willing to play test both <3

Re: I need your guys' help... - Benito Mussolini - 10-26-2009

Make this CTF to make sure the map sucks.

As a matter of fact, even making it a CTF wouldn't make one of your map suck.
CTF_Awesome coming soon?

Re: I need your guys' help... - [fr31ns]Karrde - 10-27-2009

Agreed.  Make both versions and see what works best (hoping flag run works out)

Re: I need your guys' help... - Wedge - 10-27-2009

I'm yet to see a Flagrun map work for TF2... I just don't think it does.  It's either stupidly easy to cap or you have to build the point such that it just turns into a clusterfuck outspam fest between the two mobs of teams.  Neither is that interesting.

Re: I need your guys' help... - Geoff - 10-27-2009

(10-27-2009, 01:58 AM)Wedge link Wrote: I'm yet to see a Flagrun map work for TF2... I just don't think it does.  It's either stupidly easy to cap or you have to build the point such that it just turns into a clusterfuck outspam fest between the two mobs of teams.  Neither is that interesting.

ctf_haarp actually is a lot of fun, first map that does it right.

content bump:
[Image: 50ig6s.jpg]

Re: I need your guys' help... - Geoff - 10-27-2009

ah ah ah on fire

[Image: 2dc6fwi.jpg]

Re: I need your guys' help... - [fr31ns]Karrde - 10-27-2009

While I agree with Wedge, it coudl work that way in TFC as well if you knew how.  Throw a bunch of dudes at a SG farm, scout conc's onto the point.

Re: I need your guys' help... - Geoff - 11-03-2009

Well guys... this might be delayed a bit...

My friend that does the detailing work... well he's kinda hit a bump in the road... I guess he's been reading stuff on sociopaths... I always knew he was kinda weird, but he keeps tellin me it's like reading a label of himself when he reads these articles.... it's just been gettin him down... best wishes for him...

Also, tf2 no longer works for him.  Crashes after the black guy intro.

So, consider this delayed for awhile Sad