Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming (/showthread.php?tid=676)

Pages: 1 2 3

Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - jdub28 - 06-29-2008

Has anybody else just quit playing other games all together? CoD4 used to suck up most of my time. Especially when I put my new pc together and got it for that. GTA4 gets no playtime online or off. The only games I really play besides TF2 are arcade titles and wii 4 player games with my siblings.

The only other time I can think of playing one game the way Im playing TF2 was when Goldeneye first came out. (and a 24 hour play session of Melee)

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - A. Crow - 06-29-2008

meh, this didn't really kill my world of warcraft play, it just piled more dirt on the coffin. 

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - Squishy3 - 06-29-2008

yes this pretty much ruined my will to play all other games until I got MGS4.

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - Yomanz - 06-29-2008

Not really, i still play a wide variety of games. Still, Team fortress 2 takes the majority of my time.

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - Luinbariel - 06-29-2008

Thus far it has destroyed my will to play other games; but I become obsessed a little with something new, play it hard for awhile, and then taper off to a more manageable level of play and move on to other games later.

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - CaffeinePowered - 06-29-2008

(06-29-2008, 10:38 PM)Yomanz link Wrote: Not really, i still play a wide variety of games. Still, Team fortress 2 takes the majority of my time.

Im playing professor layton right now as I type this Smile

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - ToiletDuck - 06-29-2008

(06-29-2008, 10:38 PM)Yomanz link Wrote: Not really, i still play a wide variety of games. Still, Team fortress 2 takes the majority of my time.

ToiletDuck agrees with this statement.

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - copulatingduck - 06-29-2008

(06-29-2008, 10:40 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Thus far it has destroyed my will to play other games

Yep, bought GTA4 brand-new and haven't even touched it yet. Been planning on kicking it old-skool with Ianki one of these weekends with TMNT on XBL (this weekend has been horrible for me though, too much fucking work), but beyond old-skool games and the occasional mod, it's been all TF2 for me. :/

(06-29-2008, 10:50 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Im playing professor layton right now as I type this Smile

Typing with one hand, eh?

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - Wedge - 06-29-2008

I play TF2 a fair amount, but I do a few other games on PC (Civ IV, InstantAction, a bunch of other stuff soon), and my DS (I'm thinking I'll be able to play FFTA2 forever).  Console play has become really sporadic though, especially now that I have a new PC <3.

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - KarthXLR - 06-30-2008

I still play other games when I get the chance.

Example: My friend is letting me borrow his PS2 to play MGS2 and 3.

Then I'll raise 600 bucks to spend on eBay for a PAYstation3

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - NiceGuy - 06-30-2008

TF2 has consumed my life. My wife is very displeased as is the rest of my gaming consoles  :-\ ;D

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - Ceceil Felias - 06-30-2008

TF2 gets about as much time as any other game I'm playing.

Which means I play Solitaire more anyway.

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - 1Trace1 - 06-30-2008

I used to play several games, WoW on private servers, Dawn of War, CS, Pokemon Diamond, Bioshock. Nowadays all I seem to play is TF2 and the occasional mod. TF2 and BRBU is a time stealing combo.

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - dapngwnman - 06-30-2008

(06-30-2008, 01:14 AM)NiceGuy link Wrote: TF2 has consumed my life. My wife is very displeased as is the rest of my gaming consoles  :-\ ;D

Maybe uhhh...you should go tend to the wife and let me take your number 2 spot :S

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - jorge - 06-30-2008

I probably would have beaten Super Mario Galaxy by now if it weren't for TF2.

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - ScottyGrayskull - 06-30-2008

Totally. The amount of games I have queued up that I have yet to complete (or even start) because of TF2: GTA 4, Dead Rising, Mario Galaxy, Zack and Wiki, EDF on the higher difficulties, Professor Layton... Sad

Really all I play these days is Rock Band and various XBL titles. Nice simple pick up and play stuff that I could (in theory, but never in practice Tongue) play in a short burst.

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - Dave - 06-30-2008

There's other games?

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - cbre88x - 06-30-2008

It takes up a lot of my time, but I make sure I don't dedicate all of my time..other wise I'd get sick of it. I recently bought Quake 4 and Lost Planet. I beat Quake 4 in about 6 hours (pretty easy). I'm still playing Lost Planet. And when I get a PS3 I'll be catching up on the games I couldn't play without it.

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - Loqutus - 06-30-2008

Yes... TF2 took a huge chunk of my gaming time every week, and thus far it hasn't relaxed its hold on me in the slightest.

Re: Team Fortress 2's affect on your other gaming - Surf314 - 06-30-2008

TF2 is excellent for being a money-wise gamer.  It keeps you entertained while you wait for the price drops on the other games you want to play.