Be Right Back, Uninstalling
HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Kiddy Corner (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) (/showthread.php?tid=7375)

HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) - copulatingduck - 05-09-2008

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18698

Looks like more of the same, with a few new moves, weapons, etc. Honestly, it's enough to keep me interested, and despite all the flak the first one got for it's storyline, I liked it. I'll definitely be getting and actually playing this one on release day (unlike GTA4 which I still haven't cracked open). Anybody else feeling the GOW2 love? Anybody?

Hello?

Re: HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) - CaffeinePowered - 05-10-2008

Ill probably get it when it comes out, Gears 1 was pretty good, I wouldn't call it the ZOMG best game evar. At least its third person which doesn't bother me if its on a console much. The PC port of 1 was absolutely horrid though, and then they blame PC gaming for its low sales :|

Re: HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) - Wedge - 05-10-2008

I'd play it.  Dun' have a 360, but first one was good fun when I played it elsewhere.

Re: HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) - Versus - 05-10-2008

(05-09-2008, 11:59 PM)copulatingduck link Wrote: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18698

Looks like more of the same, with a few new moves, weapons, etc. Honestly, it's enough to keep me interested, and despite all the flak the first one got for it's storyline, I liked it. I'll definitely be getting and actually playing this one on release day (unlike GTA4 which I still haven't cracked open). Anybody else feeling the GOW2 love? Anybody?

Hello?

Can I have your GTA4? Tongue

Re: HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) - copulatingduck - 05-10-2008

Heh, looks like they kept active reloads in the game. I heard they were seriously considering removing it because a lot of people hated it with online. What are the chances they will fix online Multiplayer this time around (ie attempt to fix to some degree host-advantage)?

Re: HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) - CaffeinePowered - 05-10-2008

(05-10-2008, 12:03 PM)copulatingduck link Wrote: Heh, looks like they kept active reloads in the game. I heard they were seriously considering removing it because a lot of people hated it with online. What are the chances they will fix online Multiplayer this time around (ie attempt to fix to some degree host-advantage)?

You cant fix host advantage without completely revamping xbl, they would have to start doing something like oh I don't know, providing centralized servers that hosted the games. Pay for xbl, then you have the host the games on your own, such bullshit.

Re: HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) - Eschatos - 05-10-2008

I liked the PC port of GOW.  Hopefully they'll do it again for 2.

Re: HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) - copulatingduck - 05-10-2008

(05-10-2008, 06:05 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: You cant fix host advantage without completely revamping xbl, they would have to start doing something like oh I don't know, providing centralized servers that hosted the games. Pay for xbl, then you have the host the games on your own, such bullshit.

I'm sure they could do something to water it down a bit though. Honestly, it is fucking redonkelous in GOW online how big the advantage is. That advantage is a lot less apparent (at least to me) in the few other games I've played online (Halo 3, COD4....)  The Multiplayer experience is a big deal in terms of market staying power, I really wish these folks would wake up and do more to fix that shit, ie step up and offer Dedicated Servers for Xbox Live games. They do have them with Frontlines: Fuel of War, but unfortunately, the quality of those servers - at least at launch - was piss poor. The guy's developing it have the right frame of mind for developing a PC title - they've got forums and they take a LOT of use input into what needs to be fixed, added, removed etc. Unfortunately, like I said, it's the right frame of mind for developing a PC title. I honestly don't think you can really make a console title work that way.

I don't much use XBL anymore. In fact, I haven't used it since I renewed my subscription. I don't think I'll be renewing again without a pretty fucking compelling reason next time.

Re: HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) - Kor - 05-10-2008

Meh, all that was missing was the fully exposed shower scene with Fenix and Dom. Freud would have a field day with it.

(05-10-2008, 08:36 PM)Kor link Wrote: fully exposed shower scene with Fenix and Dom

Rule 34?

Re: HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) - Kor - 05-11-2008

(05-10-2008, 09:07 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: [quote author=Kor link=topic=259.msg6240#msg6240 date=1210469779]
fully exposed shower scene with Fenix and Dom

Rule 34?
[/quote]

*Shudders*

Re: HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) - Vandamguy - 05-11-2008

(05-10-2008, 06:25 PM)copulatingduck link Wrote: I don't much use XBL anymore. In fact, I haven't used it since I renewed my subscription. I don't think I'll be renewing again without a pretty fucking compelling reason next time.

quoted for truth.

Re: HOLY SHIT, DO WANT! (Gears of War 2 Campaign Footage) - cbre88x - 05-13-2008

(05-11-2008, 07:33 AM)Kor link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=259.msg6243#msg6243 date=1210471626]
[quote author=Kor link=topic=259.msg6240#msg6240 date=1210469779]
fully exposed shower scene with Fenix and Dom

Rule 34?
[/quote]

*Shudders*
[/quote]

Really? You had to bring that up? Now I can't get the damn images out of my brain.