Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The next big thing. - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The next big thing. (/showthread.php?tid=7385)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The next big thing. - Vandamguy - 05-11-2008

Just putting out a topic to get some ideas on what could be the next big multiplayer game to hit PC, and possibly supplant TF2 in the FNF spot. was talking with Kor and we thought Starcraft 2 might make a bubble. but in order to supplany tf2 successfully.. it would have to be a game that offers the ability for everyone ( 25 players currently ) to play at the same time .. which may disqualify SC2 if it only has 8 players at a time...

Throw out some suggestions, one requirement is that the game isn't released yet. (we want a new game.)

Re: The next big thing. - Eschatos - 05-11-2008

Possibly Far Cry 2 if it has multiplayer.

Definitely Left 4 Dead.

Re: The next big thing. - cbre88x - 05-11-2008

Edited for Clarification: PC Forum

I've never been too big into Starcraft, but I might try it if I have some money to spare. I doubt it thought, because I am buying a PS3 this summer. That and the huge pile of games that are coming out (i.e. Left 4 Dead, Socom: Confrontation, Haze, Mass Effect, MGS4, Force Unleashed, ect.)

But Left 4 dead 4 sho.

Edit: Farcry 2 has multiplayer.

Re: The next big thing. - Budr - 05-11-2008

(05-11-2008, 04:59 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: But Left 4 dead 4 sho.

Re: The next big thing. - Black Aspen - 05-11-2008

Left 4 Dead is holding my eggs.

Re: The next big thing. - Wedge - 05-11-2008

Isn't Farcry 2 a console game?  Not that I imagine it would have great multi-player anyways. 

Left 4 Dead won't have any more players at once than Starcraft.

I hate Starcraft (nothing personal, just don't like RTS).

And what the heck was that FPS that had people doing atmospheric drops?

Re: The next big thing. - Tragic Hero - 05-11-2008

I'll throw in Demi-God

Re: The next big thing. - Black Aspen - 05-11-2008

(05-11-2008, 05:25 PM)Wedge link Wrote: Left 4 Dead won't have any more players at once than Starcraft.

Can't Left 4 Dead hold a decent number of people (I'm guessing the same amount as any Valve FPS), with only 4 able to play survivors?  I was under the impression that it isn't going to be limited to only a few players, just that most will be forced to play the role of the zombies.

Re: The next big thing. - Vandamguy - 05-11-2008

(05-11-2008, 04:59 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: I've never been too big into Starcraft, but I might try it if I have some money to spare. I doubt it thought, because I am buying a PS3 this summer. That and the huge pile of games that are coming out.

Left 4 Dead, Socom: Confrontation, Haze, Mass Effect, MGS4, Force Unleashed ect.

But Left 4 dead 4 sho.

i forgot to mention that we're only referring to PC games. or you failed to see what forum you're in Smile

Re: The next big thing. - Wedge - 05-11-2008

I guess if playing zombies in it is any fun.  I hadn't even considered that.

Re: The next big thing. - Eschatos - 05-11-2008

Some information that might be relevant:

Far Cry 2 is coming out for PC

Left 4 Dead has up to 8 players.  4 humans and 4 infected

Quote:And what the heck was that FPS that had people doing atmospheric drops?
That would be Halo, you might have heard of it

Re: The next big thing. - Versus - 05-11-2008

aka BEST GAME EVER

TF3? Tongue

Re: The next big thing. - copulatingduck - 05-11-2008

PC port of HALO 3 anyone?

I win.  Smile

Re: The next big thing. - cbre88x - 05-11-2008

(05-11-2008, 05:47 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: [quote author=cbre88x link=topic=269.msg6329#msg6329 date=1210543183]
I've never been too big into Starcraft, but I might try it if I have some money to spare. I doubt it thought, because I am buying a PS3 this summer. That and the huge pile of games that are coming out.

Left 4 Dead, Socom: Confrontation, Haze, Mass Effect, MGS4, Force Unleashed ect.

But Left 4 dead 4 sho.

i forgot to mention that we're only referring to PC games. or you failed to see what forum you're in Smile
[/quote]

I am very aware of the forum I am in. When I said "huge pile of games..blah blah" I was referring to the small list I made explaining what games are about to sap the money straight from my wallet. Here..let me edit my post so others won't fail to interpret the meaning.

Re: The next big thing. - fyre - 05-11-2008

Battlefield Heroes Wink

Edit: Also...

Battlefield 3

Huxley

Duke Nukem Forever

APB

The Agency

Re: The next big thing. - CaffeinePowered - 05-11-2008

Huxley - From someone who has played PS this will be FAIL

Left4Dead - 8 players max I believe

SC2 - also 8 players

Battlefield Heros - I will personally stab anyone that plays this cheap TF2 knockoff

Duke Nukem Forever - TF3 will be out by then

Farcry 2 - I hated far cry 1, jungles where you cant see shit make for horrible multiplayer when you play quake-style like i do (no, I dont play any other style)

Re: The next big thing. - Vandamguy - 05-12-2008

negative nancy likes to shoot down games , but doesn't suggest any.
you bring nothing to the topic

Re: The next big thing. - ScottyGrayskull - 05-12-2008

(05-11-2008, 04:36 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: which may disqualify SC2 if it only has 8 players at a time...

That, and it's a strategy game. :p

Sorry, but I'm not a Strategy fan. I can tolerate turn based, but real time just doesn't do it for me.

I'd say probably Left 4 Dead, although if I follow the lead of many of my friends I'll be picking it up for the 360. Honestly though with these class updates (and hopefully more "official" maps and game types) I don't expect to stop playing TF2 anytime in the near future.

Re: The next big thing. - Surf314 - 05-12-2008

There's nothing I'm insanely excited for honestly.  I just got a $50 gift card for best buy and I'm trying to decide what to spend it on or to hold off for a new release.  I'm just not seeing anything in the next 1-3 months that looks great.  Maybe I'm missing something?

Re: The next big thing. - fyre - 05-12-2008

(05-12-2008, 08:22 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: I just got a $50 gift card for best buy

That's funny. I just got one too.