Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The next big thing. - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The next big thing. (/showthread.php?tid=7385)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: The next big thing. - Kor - 05-19-2008

(05-18-2008, 10:43 PM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: Im down for that.  I heard the combat actually has a lot of depth.

From what I've read on betaleaks, its intensely deep, to the point where you're can't be a button mashing retard, and have an modicum of skill. Finally, a game that rewards skill... Fuck you WoW >(

Re: The next big thing. - CaffeinePowered - 05-19-2008

(05-19-2008, 07:21 AM)Kor link Wrote: [quote author=Tragic Hero link=topic=269.msg7400#msg7400 date=1211168607]
Im down for that.  I heard the combat actually has a lot of depth.

From what I've read on betaleaks, its intensely deep, to the point where you're can't be a button mashing retard, and have an modicum of skill. Finally, a game that rewards skill... Fuck you WoW >(
[/quote]

Planetside rewarded skill, and do you actually have to aim for this one or is it just about having the best items/combos?

Re: The next big thing. - Tragic Hero - 05-19-2008

(05-19-2008, 08:59 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: [quote author=Kor link=topic=269.msg7405#msg7405 date=1211199698]
[quote author=Tragic Hero link=topic=269.msg7400#msg7400 date=1211168607]
Im down for that.  I heard the combat actually has a lot of depth.

[/quote]

Planetside rewarded skill, and do you actually have to aim for this one or is it just about having the best items/combos?
[/quote]

But thats just the opposite end of the spectrum where it doesn't matter how much time I put into the game as long as that other guy is the type of guy in CS who could no-scope head shot with an awp then I am in trouble.

Re: The next big thing. - Eschatos - 05-19-2008

Age of Conan looks pretty nice, and it's coming out tomorrow.  Realistic combat sounds fun.

Re: The next big thing. - Kor - 05-19-2008

(05-19-2008, 08:59 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: do you actually have to aim for this one or is it just about having the best items/combos?

Team based PvP = Skill of others compliments your own skill, and vice versa. Aiming in an MMORPG would probably be an unmitigated nightmare.

(05-19-2008, 12:30 PM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: But thats just the opposite end of the spectrum where it doesn't matter how much time I put into the game as long as that other guy is the type of guy in CS who could no-scope head shot with an awp then I am in trouble.

The beauty of Warhammer isn't that its about who's the fastest, but who's smarter. The tactics system(think small interchangeable talent points) that they currently have implemented can be changed on the fly to better counteract the variables of large scale PvP scenarios.

Re: The next big thing. - cbre88x - 05-20-2008

(05-12-2008, 04:37 PM)Versus link Wrote: I hope Call of Duty 5 is good. I wish we had more people here who played it on PC. Sad

I play COD4..not nearly as often as TF2 because all the damn servers kick me off for saying 'hell'. I have the gold Drag and I am damn proud of it.
I've been wanting to get COD2..is it any good?

Re: The next big thing. - copulatingduck - 05-20-2008

(05-20-2008, 11:08 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: [quote author=Versus link=topic=269.msg6486#msg6486 date=1210628256]
I hope Call of Duty 5 is good. I wish we had more people here who played it on PC. Sad

I play COD4..not nearly as often as TF2 because all the damn servers kick me off for saying 'hell'. I have the gold Drag and I am damn proud of it.
I've been wanting to get COD2..is it any good?
[/quote]

Fuck yea it's good! It's got a great single-player campaign, though online is meh. IW didn't do enough to crack down on hacking and shit, so it is pretty rampant on some servers. That being said, if you find the right server, it is pretty good. I'd be willing to hop back on once in a while (but I'm probably awful by this point), maybe Versus would too.

Re: The next big thing. - cbre88x - 05-20-2008

(05-20-2008, 11:15 PM)copulatingduck link Wrote: Fuck yea it's good! It's got a great single-player campaign, though online is meh. IW didn't do enough to crack down on hacking and shit, so it is pretty rampant on some servers. That being said, if you find the right server, it is pretty good. I'd be willing to hop back on once in a while (but I'm probably awful by this point), maybe Versus would too.

I'll prob. get it soon then. For now I'll just deal with COD4.

Re: The next big thing. - fyre - 05-21-2008

(05-20-2008, 11:08 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: I've been wanting to get COD2..is it any good?

I'll play CoD:UO if you want. Tongue

Re: The next big thing. - Wedge - 05-21-2008

I actually just bought the original CoD and expansion for $5 a few days ago XD.

Re: The next big thing. - fyre - 05-23-2008

Shit. Apparently Left 4 Dead has been delayed. I'm not really into the zombie thing, but I was looking forward to it. It felt like it would be a good summer game.

Re: The next big thing. - Black Aspen - 05-23-2008

So we'll see Spore before Left 4 Dead?

That's not good.

Re: The next big thing. - Surf314 - 05-23-2008

The next big thing?

Penis?

Re: The next big thing. - Wedge - 05-23-2008

It's NOVEMBER now for L4D?  I though it'd be like, September or something, but not that late.  Also I firmly blame it being co-developed for 360 for this crap.  I'm sure there's no reason it couldn't get a month early beta like TF2 in a few months.

Re: The next big thing. - CaffeinePowered - 05-23-2008

(05-23-2008, 02:41 PM)Wedge link Wrote: It's NOVEMBER now for L4D?  I though it'd be like, September or something, but not that late.  Also I firmly blame it being co-developed for 360 for this crap.  I'm sure there's no reason it couldn't get a month early beta like TF2 in a few months.

lol 360

Re: The next big thing. - Versus - 05-23-2008

insert hueg liek xbawks joke here

Re: The next big thing. - Vandamguy - 05-23-2008

november release for the dollaz , not the development time

Re: The next big thing. - jorge - 05-24-2008

RA3

Re: The next big thing. - Surf314 - 05-24-2008

My guess is that we will lose quite a few to Amorous Professor Cherry or Cosplay Fetish Academy (at least shipero)

Either that or white knuckle action packed Bus Driver simulator.  I hear the voice acting on the whiny brats is flawless.

Re: The next big thing. - CaffeinePowered - 05-24-2008

(05-24-2008, 03:33 AM)jorge link Wrote: RA3

Speaking of, I was cracking Red Alert 2 jokes throughout the entire Indiana Jones movie, I half expected Yuri to show up as that chick's mentor.

RA3 ***MIGHT*** be good, C&C3 wasn't all that great and you can thank EA for that, worth a download and play on single player, but the online multiplayer is so broken IMO it's totally not worth it.