Hello There, Guest! Register

Scout Achievements are seriously BS
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-08-2009, 06:26 PM

I thought a lot of the encouraged playstyles were pretty BS.  My usefulness to the team went way down trying to get some of those.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

04-09-2009, 06:49 AM

(04-08-2009, 12:40 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: i mean things like 'taunt while ubercharged on someones death cam'
shit like that makes you play differently than one would tend to naturally play

Yeah. Some of the achievements to encourage you to play with different styles which can actually help you (like the Force of Nature one), but ones like that are stupid and just encourage wasting team resources.

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

04-09-2009, 12:29 PM

thats what i mean
i dont think that i should really have to go out of my way to get them

i actually enjoy seeing an achievement pop up when im not really trying to get it

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-24-2009, 09:08 PM

I haven't gotten another scout achievement since I made this thread  >Sad

It's not like I'm a bad scout either, I'm usually pretty high on the leaderboards.  The achievements are annoying as hell though.  Why is the scout defending points?  I think when I finally get my next weapon I'm going to just use it to annoy the other team and pretend its valve.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

04-24-2009, 09:30 PM

(04-24-2009, 09:08 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: I haven't gotten another scout achievement since I made this thread  >Sad

It's not like I'm a bad scout either, I'm usually pretty high on the leaderboards.  The achievements are annoying as hell though.  Why is the scout defending points?  I think when I finally get my next weapon I'm going to just use it to annoy the other team and pretend its valve.

I got enough for the unlocks without doing most of the "weapon specific" achievements, though I got some stuff like the intel achievements when there were only a few people messing around on a ctf map.  A lot of them are pretty easy to functionally do, so you can grab them when the server is half dead and nobody is playing seriously.

And the basis for all the weapons is pretty much nothing but to annoy people, which I enjoy doing so from time to time.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

04-25-2009, 03:41 AM

(04-24-2009, 09:30 PM)Wedge link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=2624.msg78823#msg78823 date=1240625323]

I got enough for the unlocks without doing most of the "weapon specific" achievements, though I got some stuff like the intel achievements when there were only a few people messing around on a ctf map.  A lot of them are pretty easy to functionally do, so you can grab them when the server is half dead and nobody is playing seriously.

And the basis for all the weapons is pretty much nothing but to annoy people, which I enjoy doing so from time to time.
[/quote]

Protip: for the thousand jumps one, go to turbine and go to the air vents, then press space like a madman. You'll get 400+ jumps in a minute

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

04-25-2009, 03:44 AM

(04-25-2009, 03:41 AM)Vongore link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=2624.msg78826#msg78826 date=1240626656]
[quote author=Surf314 link=topic=2624.msg78823#msg78823 date=1240625323]

[/quote]

Protip: for the thousand jumps one, go to turbine and go to the air vents, then press space like a madman. You'll get 400+ jumps in a minute
[/quote]

Or just... play the class for a bit and you'll get it easily.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.