Hello There, Guest! Register

Ever have one of those unlucky days?
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-14-2008, 03:57 PM

(07-14-2008, 02:52 PM)xlilkrissyx link Wrote: [quote author=K2 link=topic=840.msg21485#msg21485 date=1216064139]
Oh yeah, I absolutely hate those days. Like when I was playing last week, no matter what class I selected, every time I turned a corner, crit rocket to the face, or two level three sentries, or a massive pile of stickies, or a sniper dot on my skull. It's days like that you just give up all hope.

Until the next time you play, and all of a sudden you kick everyone's ass. Then it's fun again.

Sounds like my 2fort experience, EVERY FUCKING TIME I PLAY!

It's either I get stabbed OR SNIPED on the bridge, killed by a sentry going to the intel, medic leaves me when he has an uber and I go in and I get killed, Soldier/Demo comes out of nowhere and crits me in the face. Fuck I hate 2fort so much.
[/quote]

stay away from 2fort

it sucks balls.

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

07-14-2008, 04:08 PM

I don't have bad days at TF2, but I tend to cause them for other people  :-*

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
xlilkrissyx

07-14-2008, 04:09 PM

(07-14-2008, 03:57 PM)Dave link Wrote: [quote author=xlilkrissyx link=topic=840.msg21487#msg21487 date=1216065124]
[quote author=K2 link=topic=840.msg21485#msg21485 date=1216064139]
Oh yeah, I absolutely hate those days. Like when I was playing last week, no matter what class I selected, every time I turned a corner, crit rocket to the face, or two level three sentries, or a massive pile of stickies, or a sniper dot on my skull. It's days like that you just give up all hope.

Until the next time you play, and all of a sudden you kick everyone's ass. Then it's fun again.

Sounds like my 2fort experience, EVERY FUCKING TIME I PLAY!

It's either I get stabbed OR SNIPED on the bridge, killed by a sentry going to the intel, medic leaves me when he has an uber and I go in and I get killed, Soldier/Demo comes out of nowhere and crits me in the face. Fuck I hate 2fort so much.
[/quote]

stay away from 2fort

it sucks balls.
[/quote]

true enough. 2fort sucks.
xlilkrissyx

07-14-2008, 04:10 PM

(07-14-2008, 04:08 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: I don't have bad days at TF2, but I tend to cause them for other people  :-*

Sad I hate you.
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

07-14-2008, 04:16 PM

I've been doing extremely well lately.  My k/d ratio is up to 1.4, despite me still playing Medic half the time.  Mostly coz' the server averages 80% scrubs when I play somehow XD.  I can even keep my score high as a scout most of the time it's so easy.  It's funny coz' they'll be at least a 2-1 point disparity between the top few players and everyone else, and they'll always be brbu and/or furries.  I'm sure once I finally get back to play a FNF/TFT, it's gonna get ugly though D=.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

07-14-2008, 05:41 PM

This thread... it speaks to my heart.

I wish there wouldn't be the whole peak and valley deal, but there are so many chaotic elements that dictate how well one's gonna do.  Makeup of your team, makeup of their team, how aware you are and how thickheaded you are that day...

Missed ubers haunt me in my dreams.  That line between holding to the last second and the last second is closer than it appears.
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

07-14-2008, 08:20 PM

Yeah, some days I'm in the zone, some days I'm so far out of it that I may as well be playing a different game.  You just gotta enjoy the days you're on top, and try and quickly forget about the days you aren't...

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
HuckBerryGee
Lurker

07-14-2008, 09:25 PM

If everything fails, ragequit.

[Image: sanitymaskswirl1.gif]
HeK
Rotartsinimda

07-15-2008, 02:04 AM

When I get into a fail game, I usually try a different tactic. Like if my usual suicide Pyro ambush fails, I'll attempt a suicide demoman, or a suicide hwguy, or a suicide scout.

Failing that, I'll sit near a choke point and wank whack my sentry.
K2
BRB, Posting

07-15-2008, 02:22 AM

(07-14-2008, 04:16 PM)Wedge link Wrote: I've been doing extremely well lately.  My k/d ratio is up to 1.4, despite me still playing Medic half the time.  Mostly coz' the server averages 80% scrubs when I play somehow XD.  I can even keep my score high as a scout most of the time it's so easy.  It's funny coz' they'll be at least a 2-1 point disparity between the top few players and everyone else, and they'll always be brbu and/or furries.  I'm sure once I finally get back to play a FNF/TFT, it's gonna get ugly though D=.

Ah, that's probably why my server rank keeps falling. I only ever play when there are at least four or five brbu people on the server. I should be playing when only shitty people I've never heard of are on.

Nah, I don't care about rankings.
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-15-2008, 02:33 AM

Actually, playing randoms can kill your rank if you're somewhere in the top 20... When a low ranking individual kills you, he gains a lot of points (say 15) and it subtracts the same amount from you, while killing him gains you not many points (say 2) and subtracts that from him... This way, you can dominate a server, have an awesome k:d ratio and still lose points... I found this out the hard way by seeding/playing on the euro server a lot... Luckily we get a lot more regulars now...

About bad days, I used to be very streaky, usually playing like crap and once every so often having a streak where I just dominated all... Now it's the other way around, I'm at the top of the leaderboard a lot and once every so often I suck badly...

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
xlilkrissyx

07-15-2008, 02:38 AM

(07-15-2008, 02:22 AM)K2 link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=840.msg21521#msg21521 date=1216070215]
I've been doing extremely well lately.  My k/d ratio is up to 1.4, despite me still playing Medic half the time.  Mostly coz' the server averages 80% scrubs when I play somehow XD.  I can even keep my score high as a scout most of the time it's so easy.  It's funny coz' they'll be at least a 2-1 point disparity between the top few players and everyone else, and they'll always be brbu and/or furries.  I'm sure once I finally get back to play a FNF/TFT, it's gonna get ugly though D=.

Ah, that's probably why my server rank keeps falling. I only ever play when there are at least four or five brbu people on the server. I should be playing when only shitty people I've never heard of are on.

[/quote]

Yea, I could really care less about ratings either. Even if your rank IS good, No one is going to remember and still be talking about it in 5 minutes anyway.
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-15-2008, 02:58 AM

(07-15-2008, 02:38 AM)xlilkrissyx link Wrote: [quote author=K2 link=topic=840.msg21756#msg21756 date=1216106547]
[quote author=Wedge link=topic=840.msg21521#msg21521 date=1216070215]

[/quote]

Yea, I could really care less about ratings either. Even if your rank IS good, No one is going to remember and still be talking about it in 5 minutes anyway.
[/quote]

I use my rankings mostly to see how I'm doing, not as opposed to others but more to see if I'm improving and how... I used to be quite big on online FPS'es (mostly CS 1.x) and was quite well. Then I overdosed on the genre and didn't play any until I picked up TF2, it was mostly playing with the brbu people that got me back into having fun while playing online FPS'es... (Having fun people to play with is so important, if I only cared about the game itself I might as well play bots...)
But, one thing I noticed is that in the 9 years I didn't play, I lost all my skills and it kinda sucked being the local floor mop. So yeah, I use the stats to see how I'm improving... But to use it for gloating purposes... nah.

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
xlilkrissyx

07-15-2008, 03:03 AM

(07-15-2008, 02:58 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: [quote author=xlilkrissyx link=topic=840.msg21758#msg21758 date=1216107518]
[quote author=K2 link=topic=840.msg21756#msg21756 date=1216106547]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I use my rankings mostly to see how I'm doing, not as opposed to others but more to see if I'm improving and how... I used to be quite big on online FPS'es (mostly CS 1.x) and was quite well. Then I overdosed on the genre and didn't play any until I picked up TF2, it was mostly playing with the brbu people that got me back into having fun while playing online FPS'es... (Having fun people to play with is so important, if I only cared about the game itself I might as well play bots...)
But, one thing I noticed is that in the 9 years I didn't play, I lost all my skills and it kinda sucked being the local floor mop. So yeah, I use the stats to see how I'm improving... But to use it for gloating purposes... nah.
[/quote]

Yea, that's pretty much all I would use it for too, to see if I'm improving. Gloating because you have a high rank is just useless.
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-15-2008, 05:09 AM

But i was so close to being third

third!!!!!!

then i had to play that fucking WoW game.

NiceGuy
Fulfills Asi^H^H Korean stereotypes

07-15-2008, 10:36 AM

Snipers are the bane of my existence  Tongue

I hate charging an uber just to be gibed from a mile away shortly after so DAMN much!  >Sad

On BAL-SACKs:

(07-10-2008, 06:52 PM)rumsfald link Wrote:Like our namesake, the number one thing we do is hang around.  Between your legs. Hang around waiting for some action.
K2
BRB, Posting

07-15-2008, 01:33 PM

(07-15-2008, 03:03 AM)xlilkrissyx link Wrote: [quote author=ainmosni link=topic=840.msg21760#msg21760 date=1216108700]
[quote author=xlilkrissyx link=topic=840.msg21758#msg21758 date=1216107518]
[quote author=K2 link=topic=840.msg21756#msg21756 date=1216106547]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea, that's pretty much all I would use it for too, to see if I'm improving. Gloating because you have a high rank is just useless.
[/quote]

Agree'd on all points. I know there are always going to be days when I just completely and utterly suck, and it's best just to use them in order to feel more badass on the days I play really well. Also that does make a lot more sense having shitty people not give you as many points for killing them.
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

07-15-2008, 04:34 PM

(07-15-2008, 05:09 AM)Dave link Wrote: But i was so close to being third

third!!!!!!

then i had to play that fucking WoW game.

Don't you dare say that name again.

Also, I rarely have bad days, but I really feel Kor should be able to talk a lot about the bad teams he gets a lot of times.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-15-2008, 05:58 PM

I just had one of those moments, we just weren't gellin like Magellan.

Maybe if we did some trust exercises and told each other our deepest darkest secrets.  Oh and S'Mores, S'Mores would really make me happy.  What was I talking about again?

[Image: samjackson-4.png]