Hello There, Guest! Register

Spontaneous games please me sign up sheet.
Trace
Killing anything that twitches

10-29-2008, 10:44 AM

I think not having the mod server is one of the  main problems. That and what Vandam said about sporadic attendance. I think we should start by bringing some sort of event back. Preferably The Ship because server 2 can handle it and a lot of us used to play it. Only problem being when to have the event.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

10-29-2008, 10:48 AM

(10-29-2008, 09:02 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote: I was thinking about Thursday night mod nods last night in the showet, while tossing my own salad with a toothbrush (don't knock it till you try it), and I was trying to think about why it failed. First reason that came to mind is because of lack of attendance during the event , like when we would cap out at 10 people even though we had 20+ votes for game of the week. Which lead me to the thought that there were some whiny douchbags that wouldn't come to mod night unless the game(player a) they wanted to play won the vote. which causes, in a karmic fashion, players(player b) not showing up to play the week after when player A's mod gets voted on.

Sort of downward spiralish.

Second reason would come when we actually started playing a map. people would bitch and moan about this map sucking ect ect , and we would RTV every ten minutes and cycle through all the maps in an A.D.D. fashion. leading to ...
the third reason, that not everyone's ready to rock'n'roll at the right time. If the event is scheduled for 8pm, and there's 5 people online at 7 that start playing. they've already burned themselves out on the mods gimmick , or maps, or the company of douchbags. and they leave before the events even started. some more people show up at 8, then leave , and some more people show up at 9. ect ect , player count never topping 10.

Then I looked down and there was blood mixing in the water, I totally forgot about that toothbrush.

if you can figure out how to solve these problems then mod nights might be a hit again.

I'm interpreting this as a /sign

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Vandamguy

10-29-2008, 01:24 PM

(10-29-2008, 10:48 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: I'm interpreting this as a /sign

No not really a sign. I don't want to make a commitment and forget about it making myself look like a hypocrite Tongue I'd rathter be an uninvited guest if the moons are in correct alignment and I feel like loading steam.

offtopic: ill be on steam tonight if you want to coordinate some fable2 time tonight
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

10-29-2008, 02:34 PM

(10-29-2008, 10:48 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Vandamguy link=topic=1662.msg46500#msg46500 date=1225288946]
I was thinking about Thursday night mod nods last night in the showet, while tossing my own salad with a toothbrush (don't knock it till you try it), and I was trying to think about why it failed. First reason that came to mind is because of lack of attendance during the event , like when we would cap out at 10 people even though we had 20+ votes for game of the week. Which lead me to the thought that there were some whiny douchbags that wouldn't come to mod night unless the game(player a) they wanted to play won the vote. which causes, in a karmic fashion, players(player b) not showing up to play the week after when player A's mod gets voted on.

Sort of downward spiralish.

Second reason would come when we actually started playing a map. people would bitch and moan about this map sucking ect ect , and we would RTV every ten minutes and cycle through all the maps in an A.D.D. fashion. leading to ...
the third reason, that not everyone's ready to rock'n'roll at the right time. If the event is scheduled for 8pm, and there's 5 people online at 7 that start playing. they've already burned themselves out on the mods gimmick , or maps, or the company of douchbags. and they leave before the events even started. some more people show up at 8, then leave , and some more people show up at 9. ect ect , player count never topping 10.

Then I looked down and there was blood mixing in the water, I totally forgot about that toothbrush.

if you can figure out how to solve these problems then mod nights might be a hit again.

I'm interpreting this as a /sign
[/quote]

Yea that stuff was always a problem, also we can use Duck's server, just take down #2 and put up whatever server you want to have.

You should try coming out to PS saturdays vandam, its slowly been growing and you don't necessarily need X amount of people to make it fun, as you can find something to do with any group of people.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

10-29-2008, 04:46 PM

(10-28-2008, 12:46 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: I know your reading this Karth you better sign since most of the random games Ive gotten into post vandam have been thanks to you!
<3

I'm in.
Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

10-29-2008, 05:30 PM

I'll be down with this as soon as I get my motherboard back and get my computer up and running.  Also of note, the wording of the subject makes it sound as if you're trying to suppress spontaneous games, not "be down" with them.
rumsfald

10-29-2008, 05:57 PM

I disagree with Vandam point #1, insofar as I never voted for a mod but sometimes showed. Since my playtime is (used to be when i had a computer) sporadic, i never wanted to vote if I wasn't certain I would show up.

I whole-heartedly agree with Vandam point #2, frequent map whining, RTVing, map switching, etc often negatively affects the mod, as it affects TF2 in similar fashion (I've seen too many TFTues and FNF similarly afflicted.

(10-29-2008, 05:30 PM)Greatbacon link Wrote:  Also of note, the wording of the subject makes it sound as if you're trying to suppress spontaneous games, not "be down" with them.

I feel like this is pointing out the obvious, but, yes, Surf is that white.
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

10-29-2008, 06:14 PM

Yeah! Sign.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

10-30-2008, 09:28 AM

(10-29-2008, 01:24 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: offtopic: ill be on steam tonight if you want to coordinate some fable2 time tonight

I dislike the camera in co-op.  If I'm on live shoot me an invite though but if you join my game I expect to keep all the gold and exp!

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Vandamguy

10-31-2008, 12:24 AM

that was for last night , now i've beaten fable and lost interest in it :/
Sarin
Lurker

10-31-2008, 02:35 AM

Uni classes finished today so sign me up

I need stuff to help me procrastinate for the next couple weeks of exams

[Image: statsci4.jpg]