Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: ..
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ISTJ
8.33%
2 8.33%
ESTJ
0%
0 0%
ISFJ
0%
0 0%
ESFJ
0%
0 0%
ISTP
4.17%
1 4.17%
ESTP
4.17%
1 4.17%
ESFP
8.33%
2 8.33%
ISFP
0%
0 0%
ENTJ
4.17%
1 4.17%
INTJ
12.50%
3 12.50%
ENTP
12.50%
3 12.50%
INTP
16.67%
4 16.67%
ENFJ
4.17%
1 4.17%
INFJ
8.33%
2 8.33%
ENFP
8.33%
2 8.33%
INFP
8.33%
2 8.33%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

05-16-2009, 04:18 PM

Yeeeeah it gave me ISTJ, but none of them were particularly strong, and I didn't feel most of those questions could be answered with a simple yes or no, so it's retarded.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

05-16-2009, 04:19 PM

ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks is likely to be an ISTJ.

As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss.

ISTJs are most at home with "just the facts, Ma'am." They seem to perform at highest efficiency when employing a step-by-step approach. Once a new procedure has proven itself (i.e., has been shown "to work,") the ISTJ can be depended upon to carry it through, even at the expense of their own health.

ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact. The grim determination of the ISTJ vindicates itself in officiation of sports events, judiciary functions, or an other situation which requires making tough calls and sticking to them.

His SJ orientation draws the ISTJ into the service of established institutions. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches -- these are the bastions of the SJ. "We've always done it this way" is often reason enough for many ISTJs. Threats to time-honored traditions or established organizations (e.g., a "run" on the bank) are the undoing of SJs, and are to be fought at all costs.

ISTJ also. I like that it called me an Inspector, makes me wish I owned a trench coat now.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Radio Raheem
BRB, Posting

05-16-2009, 04:26 PM

i dont think i did it right

[Image: 1093683076_oldercloud.jpg]

also honest has in no way ever come across as cold this test is dumb

Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

05-16-2009, 05:30 PM

I waver between INFP and INTP.
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

05-16-2009, 06:18 PM

ISTP, apparently I should be an engineer or coder.  Oh... right... I'm an engineer and a coder.

Kor
Crits = Skill

05-16-2009, 09:16 PM

Idealist Portrait of the Teacher (ENFJ)

Even more than the other Idealists, Teachers have a natural talent for leading students or trainees toward learning, or as Idealists like to think of it, they are capable of calling forth each learner's potentials. Teachers (around two percent of the population) are able - effortlessly, it seems, and almost endlessly-to dream up fascinating learning activities for their students to engage in. In some Teachers, this ability to fire the imagination can amount to a kind of genius which other types find hard to emulate. But perhaps their greatest strength lies in their belief in their students. Teachers look for the best in their students, and communicate clearly that each one has untold potential, and this confidence can inspire their students to grow and develop more than they ever thought possible.

In whatever field they choose, Teachers consider people their highest priority, and they instinctively communicate personal concern and a willingness to become involved. Warmly outgoing, and perhaps the most expressive of all the types, Teachers are remarkably good with language, especially when communicating in speech, face to face. And they do not hesitate to speak out and let their feelings be known. Bubbling with enthusiasm, Teachers will voice their passions with dramatic flourish, and can, with practice, become charismatic public speakers. This verbal ability gives Teachers a good deal of influence in groups, and they are often asked to take a leadership role.

Teachers like things settled and organized, and will schedule their work hours and social engagements well ahead of time-and they are absolutely trustworthy in honoring these commitments. Valuing as they do interpersonal cooperation and harmonious relations, Teachers are extraordinarily tolerant of others, are easy to get along with, and are usually popular wherever they are.

Teachers are highly sensitive to others, which is to say their intuition tends to be well developed. Certainly their insight into themselves and others is unparalleled. Without a doubt, they know what is going on inside themselves, and they can read other people with uncanny accuracy. Teachers also identify with others quite easily, and will actually find themselves picking up the characteristics, emotions, and beliefs of those around them. Because they slip almost unconsciously into other people's skin in this way, Teachers feel closely connected with those around them, and thus show a sincere interest in the joys and problems of their employees, colleagues, students, clients, and loved ones.

Mikhail Gorbachev, Oprah Winfrey, Pope John Paul II, Ralph Nader, John Wooden, and Margaret Mead are examples of Teacher Idealists.

Amazing.

I found this description remarkably uncanny. Especially the third and fifth paragraphs.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2009, 09:19 PM by Kor.)
Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

05-16-2009, 09:25 PM

INFJ: Idealist Portrait of the Counselor

"Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors tend to work effectively in organizations. They value staff harmony and make every effort to help an organization run smoothly and pleasantly. They understand and use human systems creatively, and are good at consulting and cooperating with others. As employees or employers, Counselors are concerned with people's feelings and are able to act as a barometer of the feelings within the organization.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena.

Mohandas Gandhi, Sidney Poitier, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jane Goodall, Emily Bronte, Sir Alec Guiness, Carl Jung, Mary Baker Eddy, Queen Noor are examples of the Counselor Idealist (INFJ)."

Fits pretty well, except for the part about working in groups.

Blues
BRB, Posting

05-16-2009, 09:35 PM

(05-16-2009, 04:26 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote: i dont think i did it right

I fucking flipped pizza and soda and everything else in the floor laughing. Thanks, asshole.

[Image: bluelunk.png]
FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[glow=blue,2,300]WOMBO COMBO[/glow]
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

05-17-2009, 12:10 AM

ISTJ... buttsecks, Hhhahney?

But I'm not fucking inspector.

Those resulsts are from like 7 years ago... it may have changed since... but I still want my buttsex

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Sgoast
N00b

05-17-2009, 12:13 AM

ESPN.
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

05-17-2009, 12:51 AM

(05-16-2009, 04:26 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote: i dont think i did it right

also honest has in no way ever come across as cold this test is dumb

Hahahahaha...fucking christ Radio I just...I can't breath.

Also I'm cold to backburner Pyros and Bodyshotting Snipers, I guess that counts.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

05-17-2009, 12:38 PM

An INTP is me, apparently.

Ahahahaha and holy fuck it is accurate.

rumsfald

05-17-2009, 01:27 PM

(05-16-2009, 03:50 PM)Ianki link Wrote: as the resident neuro-psychologist, i can reasonably tell you that MOST OF personality psychology is a load of bull.

Fixed with appropriate qualifier. Of course the MBTI is mostly a piece of shit at the individual level, but has some marginal utility when looking at populations.

Also, I guess congrats are due for earning your degree...?

Quote:The American Psychological Association has issued a guideline that only those who hold a Ph.D. or Psy.D. degree in psychology or a closely related field should call themselves psychologists. This of course applies to both research psychology and applied psychology.

Outside of government and academia, a professional in the U.S. or Canada must also hold a psychology license to either practice psychology or use the title. [5] The most commonly recognized psychology professionals are clinical and counseling psychologists, those who provide psychotherapy and/or administer and interpret psychological "tests."
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

05-17-2009, 01:41 PM

(05-17-2009, 01:27 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=Ianki link=topic=2886.msg83166#msg83166 date=1242507049]
as the resident neuro-psychologist, i can reasonably tell you that MOST OF personality psychology is a load of bull.
[/quote]

I guess the "resident" part of the sentence is quite important.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
rumsfald

05-17-2009, 01:52 PM

(05-17-2009, 01:41 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: [quote author=rumsfald link=topic=2886.msg83441#msg83441 date=1242584869]
[quote author=Ianki link=topic=2886.msg83166#msg83166 date=1242507049]
as the resident neuro-psychologist, i can reasonably tell you that MOST OF personality psychology is a load of bull.
[/quote]

[/quote]

In what way?

In America, psychologists who wish to practice clinically must complete their internships (their equivilent of "residency," usually completed in the 5th or 6th year of grad school) before they get their degree. Ianki, I recall, was studying academic psychological research - the hard science stuff, not the applied stuff, and thus most likely was not headed toward a clinical internship. I didn't know he was close to finishing, so if he has finished then that calls for celebration.

A different reading of "resident," is that Ianki is professing himself to be BRBu's "resident expert" in this topic, which is also a dubious, not to mention narcissistic, assertion. See what I did there, I snuck in a relevant use of personality psychology.

"psychologist" is the important word, as it's use is regulated by law in the same way that "physician" and "lawyer" are.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

05-17-2009, 02:18 PM

(05-17-2009, 01:52 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=Benito Mussolini link=topic=2886.msg83447#msg83447 date=1242585686]
[quote author=rumsfald link=topic=2886.msg83441#msg83441 date=1242584869]
[/quote]

[/quote]

In what way?

In America, psychologists who wish to practice clinically must complete their internships (their equivilent of "residency," usually completed in the 5th or 6th year of grad school) before they get their degree. Ianki, I recall, was studying academic psychological research - the hard science stuff, not the applied stuff, and thus most likely was not headed toward a clinical internship. I didn't know he was close to finishing, so if he has finished then that calls for celebration.

A different reading of "resident," is that Ianki is professing himself to be BRBu's "resident expert" in this topic, which is also a dubious, not to mention narcissistic, assertion. See what I did there, I snuck in a relevant use of personality psychology.

"psychologist" is the important word, as it's use is regulated by law in the same way that "physician" and "lawyer" are.
[/quote]Interjection: "Engineer" as well. After all, we solve practical problems, meatbag.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

05-17-2009, 03:45 PM

Last I remember my psych prof saying the MBTI was created by a bored housewife with a bottle of wine and a note pad.

I also agree that it is mostly useless but, as Rummy says, it has some marginally useful qualities when examining large groups of people and when searching for trends.

It's a lot like looking at horoscopes... you can always find something in the description that "fits" you if you're looking hard enough.
Ianki
Pedo^H^H Appreciator of the Youth

05-17-2009, 05:11 PM

(05-17-2009, 01:52 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=Benito Mussolini link=topic=2886.msg83447#msg83447 date=1242585686]
[quote author=rumsfald link=topic=2886.msg83441#msg83441 date=1242584869]
[/quote]

[/quote]

In what way?

[/quote]

ps, i know you have more degrees than me  :-*
Blues
BRB, Posting

05-17-2009, 05:26 PM

It's cold reading and ego feeding. Some shit applies to you, some shit you think applies to you. It's just a "scienced up" version of a horoscope, you don't need a degree to know that, just not be an idiot.

Doesn't mean they're not fun.

[Image: bluelunk.png]
FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[glow=blue,2,300]WOMBO COMBO[/glow]
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

05-17-2009, 06:05 PM

So, can I call myself an Engineer now, since I engineer combat?