Hello There, Guest! Register

New/Improved Longest Thread
matter11
BRB, Posting

06-13-2012, 02:22 PM

(06-13-2012, 06:38 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: tortured one of the peacocks to death once

"boing" -Versus

[Image: SKihE.gif]
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

06-13-2012, 06:19 PM

(06-13-2012, 08:13 AM)k0ala link Wrote: Just had my front door tested by a stranger a couple days ago. I happened to be home at the time and chopping onions with my favorite chef's knife, so I had options; but I lock it behind me whether coming or going, so I just stared lasers at the rattling doorknob. She was stupid enough to yell, "OKAY IT'S LOCKED WHAT NOW?" before running back down the stairs, so now I know she wasn't alone.

call the cops when you see tupac

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

06-13-2012, 06:48 PM

(06-13-2012, 06:19 PM)Duck link Wrote: [quote author=k0ala link=topic=2632.msg247341#msg247341 date=1339593213]
Just had my front door tested by a stranger a couple days ago. I happened to be home at the time and chopping onions with my favorite chef's knife, so I had options; but I lock it behind me whether coming or going, so I just stared lasers at the rattling doorknob. She was stupid enough to yell, "OKAY IT'S LOCKED WHAT NOW?" before running back down the stairs, so now I know she wasn't alone.

call the cops when you see tupac
[/quote]

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

06-13-2012, 09:15 PM

I don't think this quite fits under the FML thread, but I'd call it the bottom of the rollercoaster.

As a few of you know the first boss I had a lot of friction with, and in addition to not being fond of what I was doing I ended up getting a poor review at year end. At this point I considered any future with the company likely sunk and began to search for new positions. I thought things had been getting better, I even got a positive mid-year performance review.

Yesterday I finalized a new position doing something I've been wanting to do since I graduated, I was planning on turning in my two week notice on Monday. However they beat me to it today and I was dismissed for in their terms 'not improving enough'. I said nothing of the new position I already have locked down, grabbed my things thanked them and left.

I suppose I probably should have seen this coming, while I had been working to improve on things I did somewhat enjoy doing I had neglected others. Though I would have rather left on my own terms, and I was not planning on using them as a reference in the future, its something I plan to use to teach myself a few lessons.

- If there is something you aren't happy with, speak up and try to get onto things you like doing
- Never get any kind of attitude, while I fixed it, its a tough hole to dig out of
- If you really don't think its fixable, always be entertaining new offers and take the first good one that comes your way

tl;dr - Learned a valuable lesson about offices, work, and related things, came out on top despite the really dumb mistakes that were made

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Azure_Angel
Lurker

06-13-2012, 09:26 PM

(06-13-2012, 09:15 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: I don't think this quite fits under the FML thread, but I'd call it the bottom of the rollercoaster.

As a few of you know the first boss I had a lot of friction with, and in addition to not being fond of what I was doing I ended up getting a poor review at year end. At this point I considered any future with the company likely sunk and began to search for new positions. I thought things had been getting better, I even got a positive mid-year performance review.

Yesterday I finalized a new position doing something I've been wanting to do since I graduated, I was planning on turning in my two week notice on Monday. However they beat me to it today and I was dismissed for in their terms 'not improving enough'. I said nothing of the new position I already have locked down, grabbed my things thanked them and left.

I suppose I probably should have seen this coming, while I had been working to improve on things I did somewhat enjoy doing I had neglected others. Though I would have rather left on my own terms, and I was not planning on using them as a reference in the future, its something I plan to use to teach myself a few lessons.

- If there is something you aren't happy with, speak up and try to get onto things you like doing
- Never get any kind of attitude, while I fixed it, its a tough hole to dig out of
- If you really don't think its fixable, always be entertaining new offers and take the first good one that comes your way

tl;dr - Learned a valuable lesson about offices, work, and related things, came out on top despite the really dumb mistakes that were made

At least you were able to get your new job locked down before that happened though. There's nothing worse than looking for a new job and being fired/let go from your current. Cause then you're worried about your prospects diminishing.

[Image: tumblr_leg7vzNCYq1qe0eclo1_r4_500.gif][Image: I7jRGM7.gif]
Quote:I vote that we always type in different colors now.
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

06-13-2012, 09:48 PM

so instead of burning your vacation on two weeks notice, you get a severance package?  Sounds like you did pretty freaking good.

As far as the future goes, that company will only confirm your employment there, and give the dates.  They won't say shit about your performance, they won't say shit about why you were let go, they won't say shit other than "yes, Caffeine worked here from X to Y."  Or else you sue the shit out of them.  And here's how you check:  When you begin your next job search, you have someone, maybe even one of us, call up your old employer posing as HR for some company.  "Hi, this is Crow from BRBU Personnel Department, we've had an application from Caffeine Powered for a BAD ASS MOTHERFUCKER position we have open, and we'd like to confirm his employment history.  He listed that he was employed with SHITHOLE & FINGER for 15 months as a SHITSUCKER.  Can you confirm his employment dates with us?"  And see what falls out.  But if the HR people aren't complete idiots, they'll only talk about dates of your employment and then gossip shamelessly after they hang up the phone. 

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

06-13-2012, 10:31 PM

There's a tricky bit with that, though. They can't talk shit about you, because they're liable for anything they say. But if they refuse to give a reference it's typically considered an implied negative reference. Nothing he can do about it now, and not something he should be concerned about really, but he should definitely be aware of it.

Source: many years of hearing tips on how to hunt for jobs from a director-level manager father, and a very good friend with a Master's in HR.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

06-14-2012, 01:20 AM

I broke up with my girlfriend today cause I just wasn't feelin' it. Guess I feel sorta better now except for how I gotta get up for work in the morning and I should have went to bed 4 hours ago.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

06-14-2012, 11:10 AM

Lemme add something to that Caff.  Always be entertaining new offers/options.  Period.  Always be willing to look into something else if the opportunity comes up.  Even if you're perfectly happy where you are.  It's always worth it to pursue something.  Doesn't mean you're obligated to do anything.

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
kaese
Accepts Non-Virgin Goat Sacrifices

06-14-2012, 11:59 AM

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/krastak/flovemix/s-xhV8Q[/soundcloud]
Dusted off the old keyboard and played the first two pages of an X Japan song. I tried to use a variety of um.."voices" just for fun. I had some troubles putting the clips together so it sounds kind of strange at some parts; in addition to my terrible piano skills and random tempo changes.

The voices used:
Strings 2
Violin
Shakuhachi
Rain
Trumpet
Accordion
Xylophone
Tenor Sax
Sci-Fi

There were some really funny ones I wanted to use as well but they would have been too useless (like birds chirping, gunshots, helicopter...)

[Image: 46qrx2X.gif]
ask me about mpreg
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

06-14-2012, 08:53 PM

(06-14-2012, 11:59 AM)Käse link Wrote: [soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/krastak/flovemix/s-xhV8Q[/soundcloud]
Dusted off the old keyboard and played the first two pages of an X Japan song. I tried to use a variety of um.."voices" just for fun. I had some troubles putting the clips together so it sounds kind of strange at some parts; in addition to my terrible piano skills and random tempo changes.

The voices used:
Strings 2
Violin
Shakuhachi
Rain
Trumpet
Accordion
Xylophone
Tenor Sax
Sci-Fi

There were some really funny ones I wanted to use as well but they would have been too useless (like birds chirping, gunshots, helicopter...)

Forever Love is awesome ;-; , I sang it during the closing ceremony of my japanese third year.

Didzo
Uninstalling

06-14-2012, 09:07 PM

(06-14-2012, 08:53 PM)Vongore link Wrote: [quote author=Käse link=topic=2632.msg247430#msg247430 date=1339693145]

The voices used:
Strings 2
Violin
Shakuhachi
Rain
Trumpet
Accordion
Xylophone
Tenor Sax
Sci-Fi

Forever Love is awesome ;-; , I sang it during the closing ceremony of my japanese third year.
[/quote]

I demand a recording.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
matter11
BRB, Posting

06-14-2012, 09:11 PM

(06-14-2012, 09:07 PM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=Vongore link=topic=2632.msg247468#msg247468 date=1339725189]
[quote author=Käse link=topic=2632.msg247430#msg247430 date=1339693145]

The voices used:
Strings 2
Violin
Shakuhachi
Rain
Trumpet
Accordion
Xylophone
Tenor Sax
Sci-Fi

[/quote]

I demand a recording.
[/quote]
I really wanna hear Japanese with a Spanish accent. recording requested.

[Image: SKihE.gif]
HeK
Rotartsinimda

06-15-2012, 07:34 PM

Speedhacks (GMOD machinima)
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

06-16-2012, 11:21 AM

[Image: 9gDZ3.gif]

kaese

06-16-2012, 03:23 PM

omg yawning duckling so cute.

If you have nothing to do this evening....
http://www.facebook.com/events/295993507164370/
watch some quality ultimate
I know an ex(?) Fury member, not sure if playing this year for them.

ask me about mpreg
rumsfald

06-17-2012, 08:34 PM

so hep

Lord Buckley - Marc Antony's Funeral Oration
Saxxy
BRB, Posting

06-18-2012, 04:39 PM

I have become weirdly obsessed with buying some canned coffee in bulk, after seeing that ad for Boss coffee that (i think?) rummy posted.  Also I'm very confused that canned coffee is not more available in the U.S., it seems like starbucks is the only brand that sells it (unless you count those horrible coffee flavored shit storms from Monster).  And the starbucks stuff is good (at least the small doubleshot cans are yummy Smile ), but a 4 pack is almost 6 bucks.

Apparently there's a Japanese food store not too far away from me, so I'll try that... although now that I think about it, even if they have any, it'll probably just as, or more espensive, then the starbucks doubleshots :-\

I think I'll just switch to mixing my own from this concentrated new orleans style iced coffee+ice and cream... need to cut down the amount of money I spend on coffee, its kinda silly

and no, quiting is not an option Tongue
Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

06-18-2012, 04:54 PM

Write up a business plan for a canned coffee company, drum up investors, open manufacturing, wallow in free product and dosh.
kaese

06-18-2012, 05:02 PM

(06-18-2012, 04:39 PM)Saxxy link Wrote: I have become weirdly obsessed with buying some canned coffee in bulk, after seeing that ad for Boss coffee that (i think?) rummy posted.  Also I'm very confused that canned coffee is not more available in the U.S., it seems like starbucks is the only brand that sells it (unless you count those horrible coffee flavored shit storms from Monster).  And the starbucks stuff is good (at least the small doubleshot cans are yummy Smile ), but a 4 pack is almost 6 bucks.

Apparently there's a Japanese food store not too far away from me, so I'll try that... although now that I think about it, even if they have any, it'll probably just as, or more espensive, then the starbucks doubleshots :-\

I think I'll just switch to mixing my own from this concentrated new orleans style iced coffee+ice and cream... need to cut down the amount of money I spend on coffee, its kinda silly

and no, quiting is not an option Tongue
Starbucks is not the only canned coffee producer in the US. There is Seattle's Best (which imo, is better tasting since Starbucks is much too sweet), Illy (decent), and Trader Joe's (never tried).

I've tried a lot of canned coffee and brew it at home quite often and I don't really see the point of coffee in a tiny can. If it was cheaper then it might be worth buying but there are plenty of cafes that sell cold coffee beverages that taste "fresher".
I think you're going in the right direction by mixing your own though.

ask me about mpreg