Hello There, Guest! Register

The "Fuck my life" thread
Hobospartan
BRB, Posting

01-15-2014, 01:53 AM

(01-11-2014, 10:24 AM)at0m link Wrote: Yeah, when that happens the GM is supposed to step in, that's what they get paid for.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

(Backstory, I work in a fast casual restaurant, and my particular store is one of the busiest in the company, and made $1.6 million last year)

The whole situation is fucked up.  My GM had worked around 4-5 sixteen hour days in the week leading up to that.  Mainly due to the staff that he had hired shitting the bed or just not showing up.  But I feel bad for him because the district manager and owner are up his butt because labor and food cost have been high recently.  And he's been getting absolutely no support from them despite the fact that he's only 25 and this is the first time he's actually had experience running a restaurant.  That gif basically sums up my feelings on working here at the moment, but I don't want to quit because the assistant manager just put in his two weeks (and I don't have another job lined up, mostly). 

But yeah, I'm planning on taking some classes at the local community college this summer, so I'm either going to quit, or ask to have my hours reduced before that happens.

(04-18-2011, 10:39 PM)zaneyard link Wrote:yeah dude getting a finger in the ass is like taking a really good poop
(06-12-2012, 07:48 AM)HeK link Wrote:And people wonder why the US has the highest crime and murder rates out of any developed or first-world nation.

Total lack of metric system.
(01-27-2013, 11:14 PM)LT Crow link Wrote:This is why you keep a stocked bar.  You don't ever run out of booze.  You just might have to switch to a different drink.
(11-05-2013, 08:35 PM)rumbot link Wrote:I don't think I've ever said this, but, wow that's an amazing dress and whoever designed it should get an award.
(01-03-2014, 12:08 AM)CPT Crow link Wrote:I have bourbon on my keyboard.  It got there through my nose.
[Image: brosquadtaghobro-1.png]
spm201
Lurker

01-16-2014, 03:29 AM

Ok bros. I don't really get emotional alot but just fuck today. It was too much. I was drinking last night (or early this morning I guess) and went into a weird deep depressive state. It's never happened before, but it was bad. So much so that I was curled up in the fetal position begging the people around me to find something funny to watch so I could avoid a total mental breakdown. I still don't know what happened but it scares me. So I slept through it, but the feeling was just clinging to me all day, along with a nice hangover. I'm waiting to hear back from a house to see if I get to rent it or not, because, as of now, I've had 2 houses drop out from under me, and in 14 days, I don't have a place to live anymore. Karth left today. My date cancelled on me. In my couple hours of depression I had some sort of epiphany where I realized that I absolutely hate my job. I don't want to go back there ever again, but I know that I'll be there again in 2 days and I can't stop thinking about it. Individually I could deal with these things. But all in one day was too much. Today was not a good day.
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

01-16-2014, 03:48 AM

I usually just vigorously masturbate when that happens to me.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

01-16-2014, 10:57 AM

Yeah, compounding stress is a real bitch.  You're going to be fine though.  You can knuckle down and do your job while you're addressing the housing issue. 

Negate
Born the same day as Linux... poor guy..

01-16-2014, 07:54 PM

Hit a tire in the middle of the passing lane of the highway bounced around a bit and decent damage to the drivers side front tire on my car on the way home from work today.
Hopefully will get it back tomorrow afternoon.

Your in the minority, its supposed to taste like a shit taco
Jon Stewart
[move]ii@.[/move]
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

01-17-2014, 03:03 AM

STEAM IS BLOCKED AT THIS FUCKING UNIVERSITY
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

01-17-2014, 10:45 AM

(01-17-2014, 03:03 AM)Karth link Wrote: STEAM IS BLOCKED AT THIS FUCKING UNIVERSITY
are you in a dorm? do you pay for internet? is there someone you can complain to? if the answer to all of these questions is yes, then I think you know what to do.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

01-17-2014, 10:50 AM

(01-17-2014, 03:03 AM)Karth link Wrote: STEAM IS BLOCKED AT THIS FUCKING UNIVERSITY

Don't lose your shit just yet. This happened at my university as well for a bit, but I think it was more an error than an attempt to malevolently block anything. Find the appropriate office to get in touch with, set up a meeting, and have a calm discussion about Steam being a legitimate program and ask if it can be unblocked. If this is a policy change and Steam will no longer be allowed on the university's network, then you might have to take further steps and appeal to a higher officer or get a petition going or something.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2014, 10:51 AM by Evil Cheese.)
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

01-17-2014, 12:20 PM

(01-17-2014, 10:50 AM)Evil Cheese link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=3709.msg275425#msg275425 date=1389945799]
STEAM IS BLOCKED AT THIS FUCKING UNIVERSITY

Don't lose your shit just yet. This happened at my university as well for a bit, but I think it was more an error than an attempt to malevolently block anything. Find the appropriate office to get in touch with, set up a meeting, and have a calm discussion about Steam being a legitimate program and ask if it can be unblocked. If this is a policy change and Steam will no longer be allowed on the university's network, then you might have to take further steps and appeal to a higher officer or get a petition going or something.
[/quote]

To offer a differing viewpoint:

FTLF: Fuck that, light fires. 

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

01-18-2014, 08:45 PM

Being sick suuuuucks

spm201
Lurker

01-19-2014, 04:11 PM

I was woken up to by a text message today, containing the 7 most awful words in the English language. "I think we should just be friends." I'll see you all in the drunk thread tonight.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

01-19-2014, 04:30 PM

The only acceptable response to someone who drops that sort of bomb at odd hours via text is 'you do mean friends with benefits, right?'

zaneyard

01-19-2014, 04:33 PM

I concur.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
spm201
Lurker

01-19-2014, 05:55 PM

(01-19-2014, 04:30 PM)at0m link Wrote: The only acceptable response to someone who drops that sort of bomb at odd hours via text is 'you do mean friends with benefits, right?'

Well fuck atom. Why didn't you reply faster?
rumbot
BRB, Posting

01-19-2014, 06:09 PM

(01-19-2014, 05:55 PM)spm201 link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=3709.msg275486#msg275486 date=1390167013]
The only acceptable response to someone who drops that sort of bomb at odd hours via text is 'you do mean friends with benefits, right?'

Well fuck atom. Why didn't you reply faster?
[/quote]

There's still time to drop that line, unless you've already responded to her with anything.

I'd go shorter though

Her:  "I think we should just be friends."

you: with benes
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

01-19-2014, 06:38 PM

19 minutes wasn't fast enough? Damn. I've been sick, I'll do better next time.

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

01-19-2014, 07:09 PM

Dorm neighbor is loud. Blasts shitty rap music all fucking day and has proceeded to start doing it late at night. As a plus, his girlfriend is really loud whenever they fuck. I woke up at 5 AM today only to hear him playing radio or something loud. I've already knocked on his door once and asked him to turn it down and he didn't do a fucking thing because we still heard it clearly afterwords.

I figure I ought to give him until Tuesday (first day of classes) before I talk to our RA about it. But this shit is getting really annoying. I don't want to have to buy some sound-cancelling phone or wear headphones just so I can concentrate on something.
zaneyard

01-19-2014, 11:01 PM

Take a a dump in a garbage can and leave it leaned up against his door so that when he opens it up it pours into his room.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Didzo
Uninstalling

01-19-2014, 11:23 PM

Step 1: Get speakers and aim them at adjacent wall.
Step 2: Find the Cantina Band song on loop.
Step 3: Wait for noise.
Step 4: Blast that fucking song.
Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4 until noise reduction occurs.

And noise reduction WILL occur.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
HeK
Rotartsinimda

01-19-2014, 11:24 PM

(01-19-2014, 07:09 PM)Karth link Wrote: I figure I ought to give him until Tuesday (first day of classes) before I talk to our RA about it. But this shit is getting really annoying. I don't want to have to buy some sound-cancelling phone or wear headphones just so I can concentrate on something.

Get a funnel, five-to-eight feet of vinyl hose and a bottle of ammonia.
Combine the funnel and hose, insert full length under his door, empty contents of ammonia bottle into funnel.