Hello There, Guest! Register

Top 10 Games Thread
Whendilin
BRB, Posting

07-15-2009, 01:07 AM

(07-14-2009, 10:59 AM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: 8. Golden Sun [GBA]
This, honestly, is the best traditional-style RPG (you know, magic, and all that stuff). Not only was the storyline epic, but just about everything was. The music, the artwork, the graphics, the spells, the game dynamics... Honestly, the only RPG I've beaten three entire times and saved at the final boss fight just to keep fighting it (them). Honestly. I may have a man-crush on Ivan. Or I may be Ivan. I mean, he's got a Russian name, awesome blonde hair, and his element is air. I want to be Ivan. Sad

THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE LIKES THAT GAME. IM NOT THE ONLY ONE. What did you think of the sequel to Golden Sun? I thought they put quite a bit more depth into the second one. Btw Issac could kick Ivans ass.

(07-14-2009, 08:03 PM)Señor Pinchy link Wrote: 3: Heroes of Might and Magic III
Heroes III is probably the best in the series. It's a turn-based strategy that revolves around your Hero units. They galavant across the map, picking up resources and taking over cities as they go. However, your heroes don't actually participate in battle-- they lead stacks of units on a tactical grid.

Battles are very strategic and fun, and there's a wide variety in unit types, each with their own special ability and stats. Some are great, like the unicorn's Blinding abiilty, and some are pretty retarded, like the trogladyte's Immunity to Blind (They're also the second weakest creature in the game, so who would blind them?).

It also has a pretty decent economy model that forces you to make tough decisions. You can only build one structure a turn per city, and in the beggining of the game you could forgo econonomic structures and focus on creature dwellings to produce units. If you're not quick to expand, though, you'll fall behind everyone else in terms of production. You can also try to play very defensively and focus on building your empire one city at a time, as holding a city against a siege is usually easier than attacking one.

Yush. Good game. I'm lucky i got it when i did, because i cant find it anywhere anymore. Online play sometime, although i am really rusty since i haven't picked that gem up since like 8th grade.

My list will come soon(When i get time).

rumsfald

07-15-2009, 05:45 PM

Star Control 2 invented good pvp.

[Image: ur-quan.png]

Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-15-2009, 11:28 PM

My fond memory of Golden Sun is me killing the final boss in one hit. Fuck yeah.

Creepy
N00b

07-16-2009, 10:13 AM

(07-14-2009, 08:03 PM)Señor Pinchy link Wrote: 2: Star Control II/ The Ur-Quan Masters
1: Master of Magic

THESE.  I still have the Master of Magic strategy guide on my shelf.
shoopfox
BRB, Posting

07-16-2009, 04:39 PM

(07-16-2009, 10:13 AM)Creepy link Wrote: [quote author=Señor Pinchy link=topic=525.msg97947#msg97947 date=1247619817]
2: Star Control II/ The Ur-Quan Masters
1: Master of Magic

THESE.  I still have the Master of Magic strategy guide on my shelf.
[/quote]

I want that soooooo bad but it's mega expensive now Sad
Whendilin
BRB, Posting

07-16-2009, 11:19 PM

(07-15-2009, 11:28 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: My fond memory of Golden Sun is me killing the final boss in one hit. Fuck yeah.

Please tell how. I want info. They were hardish for me (that's because i hate grinding).

Wrath Of Sandvich
Lurker

07-20-2009, 10:42 PM

My list is going to be extremely different from others. Seeing as I am younger and grew up in a different time frame. I missed the glory days of video games unfortunately, but I still managed to make a list of my personal favorites.

[Image: punchout_3.jpg]
#10 - Mike Tyson's punch out (NES)
It's simply addicting. You get a rush when you are clobbering a boxer's face in. Fun characters.

[Image: phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-justice-for-all_4435501.jpg]
#9 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS)
Characters are fun and memorable. The plots of the different cases draw you in. You feel smart when you figure out what is going on and know what evidence to present.

[Image: twistmetalblack.jpg]
#8 - Twisted Metal Black (PS2)
What is more fun then playing as a psycho clown in an Ice Cream truck that can transform into a transformer from hell and blow the hell out of other cars with huge missiles? Damn straight. You can't just charge in to the fray though. You gotta use strategy to pick your opponents off one by one. The background stories of the characters are dark and gritty. Scared the hell out of me when I was a child.

[Image: n64_super_mario_64_start.jpg]
#7 - Super Mario 64 (N64)
Revolutionized the gaming world with a cooperative camera and it's fun and imaginative worlds. Gameplay was solid and fun. Secret stars had to make you think, even though they are common knowledge now.

[Image: tetris_ds_pack.jpg]
#6 - Tetris DS (DS)
Lets face it. Nearly every tetris game is the same. They are all easy to learn and addicting as hell. I put Tetris DS on the list however for two reasons. 1. it has more then one game mode. 2. You can bring it on the go.

[Image: crash_team_racing_004.jpg]
#5 - Crash Team Racing (PS)
Now it might seem to be a Mario Kart ripoff....well, it sorta is, but otherwise it is extremely fun. I grew up with this game as my first racing game, and I love it to this day.

[Image: 250px-Spyro_the_Dragon_boxart.jpg]
#4 - Spyro the Dragon (PS)
The Spyro games are utter shit now, but they used to be great. Fun worlds with interesting and creative enemy's kept me going on through out the whole game. First game to introduce me to console games.

[Image: 20090319_team-fortress-2-xbox-360-pc.jpg]
#3 - Team Fortress 2 (PC)
what is there to be said that hasn't been said already?

[Image: PID2534us610RXSWAC8L.jpg]
#2 - Pokemon Silver (GBC)
If you don't love pokemon, what is wrong with you? Best pokemon game imo. Creative new pokemon, and new features such as berries and shiney pokemon were great additions. Only reason I picked silver was for the nostalgia factor for me.

[Image: PokemonPinballBox.jpg]
#1 - Pokemon Pinball (GBC)
Yes. Pokemon fucking pinball beat TF2 and Pokemon Silver. Why? It was my first video game. Without this I wouldn't be the gamer I am today. This game shaped my child hood. It's addicting too.

[Image: 48774%20-%20BlazBlue%20The_Great_And_Pow...sprite.gif]
Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

07-20-2009, 11:26 PM

Good list Sadvich. Gotta love AA and Pokemon Pinball (just randomly played that a couple days a go by chance.)

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

07-21-2009, 01:56 AM

hahaha, I remember playing pokemon pinball a looooooooong time ago. I think DKC was my first videogame.

Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

07-21-2009, 05:49 AM

(07-20-2009, 11:26 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: Good list Sadvich. Gotta love AA and Pokemon Pinball (just randomly played that a couple days a go by chance.)

Great list, 'cause SUPER MACHO MAN is in it.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Wrath Of Sandvich
Lurker

07-21-2009, 12:16 PM

(07-21-2009, 05:49 AM)SUPER MACHO MAN link Wrote: [quote author=Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link=topic=525.msg99510#msg99510 date=1248150372]
Good list Sadvich. Gotta love AA and Pokemon Pinball (just randomly played that a couple days a go by chance.)

Great list, 'cause SUPER MACHO MAN is in it.
[/quote]

Release the bogus!

[Image: 48774%20-%20BlazBlue%20The_Great_And_Pow...sprite.gif]
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

07-24-2009, 05:46 PM

Pokemon Silver IS the best pokemon game. Good job Sandvich.
Duck, Duck, Goose

08-16-2009, 09:19 PM

necro'd

(07-15-2009, 01:07 AM)Whendilin link Wrote: [quote author=Nitrous Oxide link=topic=525.msg97552#msg97552 date=1247587188]
8. Golden Sun [GBA]
This, honestly, is the best traditional-style RPG (you know, magic, and all that stuff). Not only was the storyline epic, but just about everything was. The music, the artwork, the graphics, the spells, the game dynamics... Honestly, the only RPG I've beaten three entire times and saved at the final boss fight just to keep fighting it (them). Honestly. I may have a man-crush on Ivan. Or I may be Ivan. I mean, he's got a Russian name, awesome blonde hair, and his element is air. I want to be Ivan. Sad

THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE LIKES THAT GAME. IM NOT THE ONLY ONE. What did you think of the sequel to Golden Sun? I thought they put quite a bit more depth into the second one. Btw Issac could kick Ivans ass.[/quote]
Never did beat the sequel... after I finish DQ4, I may have to do that...
And fuck no.
Mr. Face
Necrophiliamaniac

08-16-2009, 11:07 PM

I guess i'll put one up here Sad

[Image: boom-blox-1.jpg]
10. Boom Blox (Wii)
This game is great to play with friends, no matter what age you are. Although the single player is somewhat boring it's quite a challenge.

[Image: counter_strike_source.jpg]
9. Counter Strike: Source (PC)
Yes it's true i like Counter Strike, despite my best efforts it has pulled me back in countless times. Although the people on it can be absolute idiots, the gameplay is great. There's a shit load of different types such as Deathrun, Hide and Seek, and Minigames.

[Image: 0_61_pokemon_pearl.jpg]
8. Pokemon Pearl (DS)
I know I'm going to get a lot of shit for this being my only pokemon game on my list, but i honestly never really enjoyed the past few. This one makes it a little more interesting by adding new evolutions to old pokemon that use to bore me. The game is really fun and has yet to break on me (unlike some of my past few.)

[Image: wh40k_dow_soulstorm_pc_1.jpg]
7. Dawn of War: Soulstorm (PC)
This is one of my few RTS favorites. I can't exactly pinpoint what i love about this game but it never siezes to amuse me. Wether it's killing space aliens. Or taking over countless galaxies. Or maybe just beating up my friends. This game is a great one. The story mode is extremely long and difficult. It makes up for it in multiplayer. It's easy to find a game and it's great to hear what your teammates are doing ingame.

[Image: killing-floor-20090320110712745-000.jpg]
6. Killing Floor (PC)
One of the few co-op survival horrors that are actually decent (I'm watching you L4D.) This game is very addicting and has quite a lot of weapons to choose from. Although the server browser can sometimes be a bit difficult and does not work as well as Counter Strike's and TF2's, it has some very nice gameplay.

[Image: call-of-duty-world-at-war-2.jpg]
5. Call of Duty: World at War (PC)
I'm a huge fan of this game. The multiplayer is very limited with only a few maps to choose from and the level system could use some work. Playing with higher level people is a bitch. The real thing that I am in love with about this game is Co-op Campaign and Story Mode. Story mode is very intense even by yourself. It never gets old and even with only 10 or so maps to choose from each one has a different feeling to it and a very intense playthrough. Even if you do somehow get tired of Story Mode, deathcards will clear it right up and make things a little more interesting. This game is highly recommended.

[Image: team-fortress-2.jpg]
4. Team Fortress 2 (PC)
Although this game has it's ups and downs. It's ultimately a great game. Has a lot of classes to choose from and all even eachother out. Although updates can practically start a riot if not made right, it's has a lot of nice features. For example the server browser is easy and simple, the gameplay is very fun, and all classes have more than 1 weapon.

Unfortunately i have to finish up here, time ran a little short so here's a picture of a kitten doing something funny ;D
[Image: normal_11_12_06_kitten_tree.jpg]

Sticks and stones may break my bones (but -1s hurt forever ;_Wink
KarthXLR

08-16-2009, 11:38 PM

I think I'll have to redo my list.

10. Star Fox 64
Ok, I remember playing this from when I was a kid, and it was AWESOME. Then, I started playing it on the Wii, and it was STILL AWESOME. Even though it was pretty much a straight up remake of the SNES Star Fox, 64 had a variety of new features, such as charging, using the boost to get through, and the most annoying character of all time.

9. Banjo-Tooie
This is probably the only Animal game I've played that was actually a lot of fun. The sequel to the ever classic Banjo-Kazooie started off with a MUCH darker story this time around involving death, greed, and some very risk-ay jokes from what may be RAREWARE's greatest script. (Oh wait that was conker)

8. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Holy mother of God. This is what I think of when I think games. Not only was Sonic the FIRST game I ever played, it was the start of my love for platformers. The new Sonic introduced a new character, before SEGA went nuts and probably started what we now know as furries, tails who was awesome. They also gave us new power-ups, new crazy levels, a great soundtrack, and one of the best platformers I've ever played.

7. Super Mario Bros. 3
What else can I say that can possibly do this game justice? If you haven't played it....why?

6. Team Fortress 2
....there's really no reason I need to explain this.

5. The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker
Man, this game was awesome. I still remember seeing the first images of this, and I was pissed. "CARTOON ZELDA?! WTF THIS GAME WILL SUCK".
I was so young........shut up
The game was surprisingly good with lush new environments, a great story to start it off other than the generic "Oops zelda's gone go find her" story they've given us before, and a GREAT combat system. The game was critized for its sailing, but soon enough in it gets less tedious. And the ending was awesome.

4. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
I finished this game recently and, wow, I've been missing out. This is without a doubt the best game in the series, because the game covers so much ground it hurts. Choices actually do affect whether or not you'll live, and what scenes of the story you'll see. The game is also painfully creative, making it my number 4 top game.

3. Half-Life 2
I didn't pick this game up until last year. Yeah, I was a little late to the party. But, man, was I glad. I feel I really don't have to explain this one.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
I don't know what's wrong with some of you people. This game is awesome. If you haven't played it, shame on you.

1. Halo 3
reasons why.
1) guns
2)cars
3)planes
4) multiplyer owns all games
5) forge, create your own maps (can play on them while creating them.!!!)
6)easter eggs. ( hidden weapons, and the infamous SUPERBOUNCE. in which you crouch in a certain spot and jump onto a certain spot and you do a super high bounce. none found in halo 3 but later there will be some.i asked a bungie guy about it.)
7)gameplay pwns
8)good storyline.( already 6 novels have been written about halo. haven't seen that for gears of war. i'm not sayingthat GOW is a bad game but just that it sucks compared to halo.
8)bungie has a website that people go to everyday. talk chat, ask questions and just chill.
9) accept that it is the best game already.
10) over 1,0000 preorders.(not to mention the people who are going to buy it from stores.
11) many things to do in the vast online entity we know as
XBox Live!!!!!!!!!!!
12) my gamertag is
slow supermario
13)go get the game already!
Source(s):
halo, halo 2, halo 3, and um love for halo
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

08-17-2009, 12:01 AM

nice copy paste job karth, you must be in junior high school?

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Geoff
Real World Azn

08-17-2009, 12:08 AM

(08-17-2009, 12:01 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: nice copy paste job karth, you must be in junior high school?

stealing my jokes...

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
KarthXLR

08-17-2009, 12:58 AM

(08-17-2009, 12:01 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: nice copy paste job karth, you must be in junior high school?
actually, I'm a junior in high school
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

08-17-2009, 01:06 AM

10. Capcom vs SNK 2: Mark of the Milleniun 2001
[Image: snkvscap3qf8.jpg]
A greatly executed game, with it's Groove system. This allows you to play with 6 different gamestyles, 3 of each company. This way you can be playing as Ryu with Samurai Shodown's Rage system. Also, the 30+ character roster from different games makes its way more awesome on it's 3vs3 game mode.
It's only flaw is that it includes only characters from fighting games, and it's mostly SF vs KOF besides 3 or 4 characters per company.

9. King of Fighters 2002
[Image: Foto+King+of+Fighters+2002,+The.jpg]

For most of the people this game isn't considered the best in the series (protip: it's 98) but for me it's the most competitive one, with more characters, secret supers, secret characters (even in the arcade version), awesome cancel system, high FPSs and the lack of Strykers.  Making this my favorite KOF game

8. TriggerHeart Exelica

[Image: exelica_2-569x320.jpg]
Released on 2006 for the Naomi (aka could be run on the Dreamcast) this game showed everything i wanted on a Shump, no more button mashing but a lot of patience dodging bullets, and instead of shooting bullets like a madman (you still can) you have a grappling hook that's used to (you guessed it) grab an enemy and then throw it to your enemies... And..that's it, only 5 levels to clear, and while this might sound easy, the main task in the game reminds me of old Shumps like Strikers 1945, where you must get POINTS...YES! A GAME IN THE 00's WHERE YOU MUST GET POINTS TO WIN.
Side note: The game was released on XBLA, so if you haven't played it yet go buy it, it's only 800 points

7. Gunstar Heroes
[Image: gunstar_heroes.jpg]

What else can be said about this game. Great items, the capacity to mix two items and the best part is it's Co-Op. I used to play this game for hours with my brother, and when it got released for XBLA a while ago i didn't hesitated and bought the game. Another awesome game from Treasure

6. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

[Image: super-smash-bros-brawl1.jpg]
I know, i know, Melee is better for competitive play, but the music, the graphics, the roster.. everything is awesome about this game, it's a great way to play with people that doesn't play games too often and it's...just...really fun to play.

5. Strikers 1945
[Image: snap.png]
My first Shump and boy i enjoyed this one, i used to spend hours on my local arcade center just playing this and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. This game is fun, it's difficult as hell and really challenging. I used to go with some friends just to see who cleared it first. If you died after the final stage, you payed the next round of Street Fighter. Good times

4. Phantasmagoria of Flower View

Let's Battle Online - Phantasmagoria of Flower View - Sakura665 vs I3chig0 Part 5
Not the latest, with greatest graphics or music of the Touhou saga, but it is the most Challenging. The story mode might be easier than other Touhou games, but the main charm of Phantasmagoria... is  it's multiplayer. Yes, POFV tournaments are still being held to this day in Japan and here in Chile. Playing against other people is really fun, sending lillys to their screen and hoping they don't kill it so they don't send you one. Great fun

3. Street Fighter 3: The Third Strike
[Image: bc.jpg]
One of the best fighting games around, it still attracts people despite being 10 years old. It's Parrying system makes the game even more challenging to master, unlike Street FighterIV, whose Focus cancel it's way more easy. Also, the ammount of combos that can be made on this game are incredible. Almost every player uses a different one, and the game's balance is the best one around (no more Sagat vs Ken matches or Ryu only on Tournaments).
The best tournament fighting game, the most interesting to watch and the harder to master will always be SF: 3-3

2. Earthbound
[Image: earthbound.png?w=512&h=448]
What else can be said? just go read one of PigMask's Gazillion posts

1. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
[Image: s24127_xb_1.jpg]

The best Street Fighter 2 game, the one that fixed everything about past games and made them better, and also included a lot of new features like Cancels, Air Combos and Super Combos (the first SF to have them). Most of the new characters were balanced and had the inclusion of Akuma, making the one-player experience really difficult. Super Turbo is also the best SF2 to be played against other people. Lucky for me, near my university there's an aracde where i play this game on a daily basis along with KOF2k2.
Also, this game is the best one for playing competitively and it's got a really high Replay Value.

Damn, forgot to add Pokemon and Bubble Bobble there.... oh well, think as they are there

zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

08-17-2009, 01:13 AM

(08-17-2009, 12:58 AM)Karth is Ego Tripping link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=525.msg106660#msg106660 date=1250485278]
nice copy paste job karth, you must be in junior high school?
actually, I'm a junior in high school
[/quote]
just saying, don't do that shit in college or your gonna get your shit owned.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE