Hello There, Guest! Register

How to play the engineer
WTF Joel
Whacker of SGs

04-10-2008, 12:14 PM

some of you might be familiar with the work of  EvilDaedalus, who made the How to play the spy, and scout, and pyro videos. His new, and best one was just released, this time for the engineer, and it is pure awesomeness.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxodkFM8N1U

(11-04-2008, 09:06 PM)Surf314 link Wrote:Joel isn't just a furry he is the furry.  He's like the furry king.  Most here are his subjects.

(05-14-2009, 01:35 PM)Vlambo link Wrote:I thought it was gonna be Every White Person vs Joel

Kor
Crits = Skill

04-10-2008, 12:42 PM

There was a bit of obvious advice in there, but solid stuff for someone totally fresh. All the advanced tactics like boosting, geometry clipping and timing information were left out. Comprehensive this was not. Although, gold star for the usage of Fat Boy Slim.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

04-10-2008, 12:44 PM

What Kor said.  I thought his Scout video was more educational.  Wish I could play a scout half as good as him.
Negate
Born the same day as Linux... poor guy..

04-10-2008, 12:46 PM

Protip: hitting your sentry with your wrench breaks it so never do it.

Your in the minority, its supposed to taste like a shit taco
Jon Stewart
[move]ii@.[/move]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-10-2008, 12:48 PM

This was unnecessary as I am already an unstoppable wrench ninja.

Actually I can't watch it at work.  Is the scout video that good?  Is it better than me jumping on heavy's heads and shotgunning them to death?  Because I managed to do that not once but twice on Mach4...which makes me very proud of myself.

The scout is the quintessential shoot and run away class, much more than the pyro.  If I got enough places to hide I can take on most classes, even a heavy.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

04-10-2008, 12:51 PM

(04-10-2008, 12:48 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: This was unnecessary as I am already an unstoppable wrench ninja.

Is the scout video that good? 

I would say so.  I mean, I consider myself a pretty great scout (at least compared to those who play the scout consistantly) but this guy was just dodging and running and just zipping right back to get more kills then running away.  He was just so fast and smart with the scout. 
Chooly
BRB, Posting

04-10-2008, 01:12 PM

(04-10-2008, 12:44 PM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: What Kor said.  I thought his Scout video was more educational.  Wish I could play a scout half as good as him.

Agreed... Although, take into consideration that the scouts entire tactical repitoire is more involved than the engineers (hit sentry - spy check - hit sentry - spy check) Creative placement is part and parcel to playing an engi well, thats a given.

[table][tr][td][Image: style5,The-spc-Pwnrgization.png] [/td][td]Chooly: /nevergonnagiveyouup
Eschatos: /nevergonnaletyoudown
[TC] Versus: /nevergonnarunaround
[TC] Versus: /anddesertyou
ToiletDuck: /closeapplication[/td][/tr][/table]